Low fps or fps drops.

I have been playing this game since closed beta in 2012 on a GTX 550 Ti. Not the best GPU but everything has always been running super smoothly on maximum settings, even in a full party. As of the last few months, this game is unplayable, unless I am playing solo. Right now my settings are on the lowest. The FPS drops are terrible. Go from 60 fps to 2 to 40 to 5 to 10. All over the place. I died so many times while opening boxes or fighting bosses because the game just freezes for 3-5 seconds. I tried every single graphic setting and nothing helps. I was considering going out and getting a new GPU or a computer, but from what I see, people with far better gaming rigs than mine have the same issues. I hope that GGG gets their stuff together and optimized this game better. Its really aggravating...
"
CheezWizz wrote:
I have been playing this game since closed beta in 2012 on a GTX 550 Ti. Not the best GPU but everything has always been running super smoothly on maximum settings, even in a full party. As of the last few months, this game is unplayable, unless I am playing solo. Right now my settings are on the lowest. The FPS drops are terrible. Go from 60 fps to 2 to 40 to 5 to 10. All over the place. I died so many times while opening boxes or fighting bosses because the game just freezes for 3-5 seconds. I tried every single graphic setting and nothing helps. I was considering going out and getting a new GPU or a computer, but from what I see, people with far better gaming rigs than mine have the same issues. I hope that GGG gets their stuff together and optimized this game better. Its really aggravating...

me2 actually

i remember playing this game just fine w/o any laggs with the loot explosions etc back in the days
they implemented so mutch shit, and diddnt start taking stuff out its unbelievable
I'm having similar issues, but mine are weird.

I rolled up a Contagion/ED Witch on the Breach league, and every time a monster dies, regardless of infection or not, my FPS drops to exactly 30. Never more, never less. It's really odd.
"
CheezWizz wrote:

I have same problem.
Since one year I have GTX 750 TI and also play very low settings with no shadows or others "flowers". When it came new patch 2.5 game for me is not playable.
So I decide with broken heard, that I quit game and uninstal from z PC.
Maybe in future I will back.
Maybe ..
Same here. Huge fps drops. I have also tried to reinstall everything (even windows, i thought that there is an interaction between some residual stuff and current game).

Same problem as everyone else. R9 380x GPU. 60+ FPS on max settings most of the time, but just did the merciless trial in the Crematorium with fire ground effects and I had an average of 5 FPS. GGG needs to get off their ass and fix this shit. It's like they care more about the game being pretty than they do us being able to play... When you lose more than 90% of your FPS because of some pretty effects, it's time for you to hire someone who knows how to better optimize your game... Or just let us disable the offending effects. Come on GGG, get your shit together...

Edited to add a couple of screenshots of what I'm experiencing.

From 73 FPS to 5 FPS. GGG, a response would be lovely right about now. Even if it's just to tell us to deal with it... Then at least I could stop wasting my time playing this game and move on. Either you're gonna fix it or you're not. I'd really love to know. Thanks.
Last edited by Chrispm84 on Dec 15, 2016, 6:34:57 AM
Yea, same here. Certain zones and effects destroys my framerate and with no vsync it's all over the place. They should have optimize the core engine before adding the fluff on top of it. Can't polish a turd. Been trying to get there attention, but they just remove my posts regarding it. We don't want any bad press maybe. It's too bad sinse they have done alot of good things, and have made me hang around sinse i started playing in the closed beta. Bump!
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
Same thing,

Framerate is all over the place. And i can't seem to find any specific reasons. Sometimes it happens with not a lot going on and it's the same issue with my wife's computer. We both have the same rigs with I5's and Nvidia 970's so it's not horsepower. We are new players and sitting here looking at this 17 page thread with no response makes it very easy to not invest any money into it.
Try to delete mini map folder from:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\my games\Path of Exile

it helped for me
@Chrispm84: How do you get the FPS to show in the corner of the game?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info