Strange lag spikes - Unplayable

I have a couple previous posts. I'm pretty damn sure it's only during peak hours. I played today in the morning and afternoon with absolutely no stuttering lag. Now at 9PM at night, I have the same problem again, during peak time for the server in question. It's the Washington, DC server.

I'm guessing it's server-side, because it only happens during peak times.
My gut feeling would be that it's server side - except when I asked in general chat, no one else seemed to be experiencing it.

"
SiyaelCaeli wrote:

I'll be trying some of the suggestions there - though I really don't see how Port Forwarding would have anything to do with it. The fact the OP suggests port 80 as a potential port to forward seems to indicate he may not be entirely sure what he is talking about.

The TCP packet information is really interesting and I've looked up a few registry edits to achieve the same thing without the executable.

I'll report back with how things go.
Well day 3 has been much, much better for me. Tonight's gaming went smoothly with no discernible lag. I felt comfortable enough to start a hardcore character.

I had read one of my local ISPs had been having significant trouble over the last 3 days, and I suspect that one of the hops to the server must have been getting effected.

I'll respond back to this thread if the issues reemerge, but for the moment - issue is resolved.
I've been having the exact same issue (Australian server). Day 1 of awakening it was pretty bad but I assumed it was just because of high load and switched to predictive to smooth things out (the same latency spikes occurred though). Day 2 was flawless, I switched back to lockstep and it was great. But every day since then the issue has returned.
Last edited by epicboak on Jul 15, 2015, 1:34:56 AM
I recently just came back to POE with the new expansion. It is literally unplayable because I experience ridiculous frame rate drops, micro stuttering and spikes, none of which existed 8-10 months when I quit playing POE. The only time POE ever lagged out or I experienced frame rate issues was in large parties with a bunch of shit flying around on the screen....but now? Now, I can barely play in a 3 man party without game performance issues with framerate and stutter.. I cant even run around town or move items in my stash without these massive frame rate drops...SOMETHING is wrong with POE and it is not my machine.
The item is yours when it is in your bag.
Last edited by Ushela on Jul 15, 2015, 1:48:45 AM
What I've found is that when I have something running in the background, be it youtube or netflix, I get lag spikes in game. This never happened to me pre-awakening, so it's throwing me off a little. Is that just how it's going to run now? If so, I guess I'll need to learn to not run dual monitors or have multiple things running at the same time. Not sure why this is happening now.
IGN EasternWind
"
Samandriel wrote:
What I've found is that when I have something running in the background, be it youtube or netflix, I get lag spikes in game. This never happened to me pre-awakening, so it's throwing me off a little. Is that just how it's going to run now? If so, I guess I'll need to learn to not run dual monitors or have multiple things running at the same time. Not sure why this is happening now.

I don't even have any sort of video running in the background... all I got open is this webpage... and I am still getting Lag (right now) and getting d/c from time to time... (unless this webpage is also causing lag for the game...)
i have strange lag spikes after 2.0 patch.
game is freezing for few sec.
and then trying to catch up lost time in 0.5sec.

very disturbing.

Since patch 1.3.1b, I experienced hard fps drops (game freezes) doing the following things:

·Opening the Character Screen for the first time (always)
·Opening the Social Screen for the first time (always)
·Showing the overlay map (sometimes)

I think it's related to something in our end (PC specs) because I played the game on my brother's pc without no problems.

I think it would be more productive if everyone provides their basic PC specs. Maybe we could find a common point like graphics card.

Here are mine:

Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Cheers
"Embrace the darkness"
Hello, I've got the same kind of trouble. From what i ve understood so far. The stuttering is directly connected with my spikes on the connection. Meaning its a game mechanic so im not concerned. During peak hours, namely afternoon-evening, i have this kind of effect, and i am trying to discern if its my crappy isp prob or if the servers are loaded.

My latency during the problem shows small spikes, about 40ms which should not produce this kind of effect with lockstep. My base ping via milan server is about 65ms, 105ms spike.

Last night there were even worse problems with ping jumping up to 0,4k/2k spikes. But i guess there were some general issues arround 00:00 GMT +2 (Greece) because my friends at skype with different isps and almost 200 miles between us, had the same prob.

I would appreciate if someone could definitevily tell me if its coming from GGG servers, temporary problems etc., or if I should arm myself with fortitude and rage, and call my ISP for a long "meeting". I am using the 3rd/4th most known provider of internet services in my country, and it feels like for reasons of productivity/foul play etc. they use traffic shapping and other data/routing techniques which can certainly ruin gaming experience for users, during peak hours.

Lastly im using third party software for latency known as Leatrix, it messes with ACK packets and their frequency @ registry as it generally does more good than bad at online games, and never had any problem in the past using it, it always gave me more stability.

Options like vsync reverb etc. showed no signs of effect with my problem.

Thnx in advance.

My specs follow, ill edit my post and add the charts so i can help you understand what are my modem's feelings & thoughts. (My ISP currently got me on Fastpath option/profile) My connection is ADSL+

CPU: i7 920 @ 2,67 Bloomfield
GPU: Radeon sapphire 270
Mobo: GA-X58A-UD3R rev.2
IGN: AlterAlt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info