Strange lag spikes - Unplayable

When will people learn: You're not experiencing the same issue, you're experiencing the same symptom.

Post your own thread with your own WinMTR report and stop derailing other threads.
like mentioned 1000 times:

same problem here.

What should i tell my ISP?

"Please investigate the hops to the path of exile server" ?

Seriously??

They can just check the internet connection which is 100% fine, tested with and without WLAN.

PoE is the only game not working online.
Like for the 1000th time: Post your own thread with a WinMTR report!
"
Startkabels wrote:
Like for the 1000th time: Post your own thread with a WinMTR report!

i already did. the dozens of "networklayer" WinMTR logs and threads just keep falling on page 2/3/4.

at least it would be interesting how FPS and LATENCY work together. because they go hand in hand:

FPS spikes up and down produce 1000 ms ping. and vice versa. ??

So whats the first trigger?

there are several guides how to improve FPS. i know them all, none of them fixed the spikes.

GGG never tells us which hardware setup is recommended. Of course they will never tell us which setup is NOT recommended....

Give me 10 ToDo's how i should adjust my Gaming Rig and i will do so.

But the only thing you can find here is 100's of rumours and strange workarounds like

"Turning off reverb in sound options removed the issue for me, no idea why"
"I had something similar happening to me, I disabled vsync in-game and forced a fps cap of 60-65 using RivaTuner. This fixes the FPS/Latency spike while using either Lockstep or Predictive mode for me. Using Lockstep now and everything is great."

i tried them all and none of them worked...
same
I'm having the exact same issue as the people in this thread.

It all started about 3 weeks ago after a patch, before that I was able to play without a hitch.
Exact same issue here. No problems for almost two years then the patch about six days ago caused unplayable lag. I keep dying over and over again due to connectivity issues.

This is the only game where this is a problem. Cable company says internet connection is fine and they've been good with working with me about it, but the problem is pretty obviously on GGG's end.
There was a 30 page thread detailing this, with wintmrs inside of it the works.

All you will be told is its on your connection.
same here, very strange, game lags to crap than trys to catch up to itself in like half a second, even though im having no packet loss or anything along those lines, im usually sitting around 30ping, this only seems to happen late at night for me 10pm-1am(atlantic) as i live in PEI canada, and my internet is awesome its just PoE, speed check on wifi is 80mbs down 35mbs up...
@GetRekz, You've described what's been happening with my game to a tee. I ran WinMTR and saw no packet loss. I have a very good broadband connection. Yet randomly throughout the day I'll experience the same thing, and at night it's much, much worse, and more frequent. I hope GGG looks into this beyond telling us it's our ISP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info