[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Tbh statc blows is a total wast of points. You should reconsider that.
IGN - Blackdepp
Since there is no leveling skill tree included, do you skill into the Shadow area first or the Templar area whilst leveling? Will definitely try out this Arc build, seems very solid.
"

Since there is no leveling skill tree included, do you skill into the Shadow area first or the Templar area whilst leveling? Will definitely try out this Arc build, seems very solid.

He already answered (previous sheet).

"
Blackdepp wrote:
I havn't leveld with this specific character sinc 1.3.1. So giving recommendations on where to go might be a bit unqualified.
Generally you can keep in mind:
- hard time killing stuff? --> pick dmg nodes
- feeling squishy? --> either improve gear or pick some life nodes
- mana issues? --> grab some mana nodes
- feeling satisfied? --> rout the stat points and pick the good stuff later on

Though I will implement a leveling guide + leveling skill trees later on. Sorry but right now I don't have enough time :(

Edit: I think Heart of Thunder is a nice dmg boost to begin with. The mana nodes i´n the witch area help you to keep casting without using a mana pot every 2 sec. I probably would pick templar over shadow to go first.
Oh shit, I actually thought I had checked every page for an answer but apparently I was too blind to see that one he made :x Thanks a lot for pointing it out! Hope the build is as fun as it seems :)
"
Blackdepp wrote:
Tbh statc blows is a total wast of points. You should reconsider that.

Ah okai, the 30% shock duration is nice tho, think I want to run arc with innervate. Going for the obvious ones first anyways, so guess I find out around 70'esk what to use and go from there.
I'm not following your build to the letter, more like an inspiration.
Only reason for that is that I love to explore and "wing it" more or less. We'll see if I have to follow your guide lines more when I hit maps ;)

What about Practical Application? Not worth going for?
You must unlearn what you have learned! Do or do not, there is no try! - Yoda THE man
I play, I explore, I experiment and I LOVE it!
Last edited by Monum on Jul 16, 2015, 4:09:36 PM
Being stuned sucks, but it's not a 100% guaranteed avoidance.
It might be worth it when you still struggle for dex and don't wont to pick a normal dex node.
I guess it's ok.
IGN - Blackdepp
What are your thoughts on ditching faster casting on arc in favor of life leech if you're having trouble with survivability, not worth the dps loss? Thanks again for the build. lvl 70 now and still loving it!
Believe it or not, but that was something I also considered being worth it :b
Especially in a HC league that might be an option.
IGN - Blackdepp
Would you get Heart of Thunder again after lategame transition in a higher level? Is Heart of Thunder the only nodes I can drop for lategame transition in your opinion? Isn't it a crazy good node?
HC only
Well to reach Heart of Thunder you need 7 points (5 for heart of thunder and 2 int nodes).
Heart of Thunder gives you 25 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 10 increaed lightning damage. That means a total of 71 increased lightning damage. --> ~10 increased per point
Investing 2 points into a jewel with good mods can give you ~8 cast speed and 20-30 spell damage (of course that would be an endgame gg jewel).
Besides that your dps should be high enough after the transition.

But of course if you are a dps junky and don't care about other nodes you are free to go back there (:

Other nodes you could spec out of... hmmm if you want to trade some life nodes that might be possible or even the shadow starting nodes but I would probably still go out of heart of thunder.

I hope that helps you.
IGN - Blackdepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info