[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

I'm following the guide in tempest and it's working fine so far at lvl 40. Solid build, thanks.
IGN - CuttyWise
Thank you for those kind words. Love to hear that (:
IGN - Blackdepp
Hello,
First of all, thanks for this build, i'm new to the game and it helps a lot, my lvl ~40 witch is doing okay :p

I'd like to know how is the combo "herald of thunder" + "curse on hit" + "conductivity" supposed to work. I have those three linked in my shoes, and conductivity doesn't seem to apply on monsters when I hit them with Arc. I guess i misunderstood something, could you explain me how this works please ?
I'm glad to hear that.
Of course I can. Here we go:

The curse isn't applied by arc itself, it's applied by herald of thunder. Herald of thunder does not only provide flat lightning damage, but also hit enemies around you once you have killed a shocked enemy. That's how you trigger herald of thunder. And those hits will apply the curse of your choice.
How to shock enemies? Well we get a flat 15% chance to shock frome the passive, another 10% from arc itself and the quality on arc also gives chance to shock.

I hope that helps you.
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Jul 16, 2015, 7:03:00 AM
Indeed, just made the test and it works as intended, thanks !

Just a fast word about passive priorities, wich could help new players like me I think. I spent some time wondering where I should head first ^^

I fist went for the top of the tree (Heart of Thunder).
Then I went for the right (Written in Blood, Trickery, Blood Syphon...).
And now i'm going (slowly...) for the left : Discipline and Training, Celestial judgement/punishment, etc...

I don't really have problems so far, but i'm only in "cruel", would you recommend another order ?
I havn't leveld with this specific character sinc 1.3.1. So giving recommendations on where to go might be a bit unqualified.
Generally you can keep in mind:
- hard time killing stuff? --> pick dmg nodes
- feeling squishy? --> either improve gear or pick some life nodes
- mana issues? --> grab some mana nodes
- feeling satisfied? --> rout the stat points and pick the good stuff later on

Though I will implement a leveling guide + leveling skill trees later on. Sorry but right now I don't have enough time :(

Edit: I think Heart of Thunder is a nice dmg boost to begin with. The mana nodes i´n the witch area help you to keep casting without using a mana pot every 2 sec. I probably would pick templar over shadow to go first.
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Jul 16, 2015, 8:49:41 AM
I'm fairly new to the game, does it matter what gear I use while leveling? What I mean is should I stick to kite shields and scale boots etc while leveling too or should I stick to the wizard architype gear or just whatever I want at the time? Are there stats I should be looking for?
Armour gear helps with physical damage while leveling. Kite shields have an implicit resistance mod, so they might not be a wrong choise. But what matters most are the mods. You want to look out for life and resistances on your gear.
IGN - Blackdepp
Alright, thanks again for the advices.
You must unlearn what you have learned! Do or do not, there is no try! - Yoda THE man
I play, I explore, I experiment and I LOVE it!
Last edited by Monum on Jul 16, 2015, 12:03:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info