[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

"
Blackdepp wrote:
"
PumpFIST wrote:
Hi, would "call of the brotherhood two-stone ring" Be good or bad?? Just got it. Im lvl 55. Cant remember how to link items or show my current gear.

Edit, guess it could be bad regardless since were not aiming for crit, but i figure i hear out what u have to say about it.

The thing is, it converts half of our damage into cold damage. With this the effect of the lightning penetration support gem is cut by half thus indirectly reducing our possible damage. The other stats are nice but imo you are better off with a good rare (resistances, life, ...). Except you wanna experiment around with an Arc build without lightning pen..

"
HannibalK1ng wrote:
Currently level 41 and enjoying this alot.

just setting up my curse with HoT, CoH and Conductivity

but it doesent seem to curse the enimies? how does it work?

also with vaal storm call is it possible to ever get it to have 2 uses?

thanks!

You need to kill a shocked enemy to trigger Herald Of Thunder.

No, it's not possible on one Vaal Storm Call, but you can run two of them.

thanks for the reply!
is it worth using conductivity manually as well?
will enough of the shocked enemies have the curse applied?

and with the 5-6link you mention is that for a CODT setup?
Hi everyone,

Was looking for a new Arc build to recycle my previous templar arc build, and I find this one very interesting.
I had a question though, would a Pledge of Hands be a good end game gear for this build ?

Thanks in advance !
Hello mate, nice build, I've been slowly leveling a nubblet arc witch according to it^^
Quick question though : have you considered the use of Cloak of Defiance and The Vertex?
"
What could i use in place of the clarity slot in your 3b1g 4link item now? can't think of anything. i don't mind recoloring

Don't know. Enlighten? A gem you want to level? Try whatever you want.

"
HannibalK1ng wrote:
thanks for the reply!
is it worth using conductivity manually as well?
will enough of the shocked enemies have the curse applied?

and with the 5-6link you mention is that for a CODT setup?

you can use it manually when for example a boss fight takes to long and the curse runs out and he doesn't spawn any adds to trigger HoT, but in my opinion it is not necessary.
you have a quite high chance of shocking, so yes, enough curses will be applied.

what do you mean? I never said a 5-6L is necessary for this build.

"
Ghorghorexp wrote:
Hi everyone,

Was looking for a new Arc build to recycle my previous templar arc build, and I find this one very interesting.
I had a question though, would a Pledge of Hands be a good end game gear for this build ?

Thanks in advance !

if you are willing to loos the +4% max res and spell block from saffels this might be an option. though I would not recommend that for hardcore. also keep the mana costs in mind.

"
WiseW0LF wrote:
Hello mate, nice build, I've been slowly leveling a nubblet arc witch according to it^^
Quick question though : have you considered the use of Cloak of Defiance and The Vertex?

no I never considert that. I personally don't like CoD and the MoM stuff and it doesn't fit this build very well either imo. but you are free to experiment around and proof me wrong.
IGN - Blackdepp
Hi again! Thanks for the info regarding my "call of the brotherhood two-stone ring", didnt think about the lighning penetration, good advice!

So, recently got back to the game from years of abcense, i just dingd 59 on tempest and realy liking the build and guide so far!
I had some questions regarding some of my wands:
how much does the blind do on moonsorrow, with herald and conductivity gems affected in it?
i got an 87% LSP incr one with 3 links, so in that i could use my lvld CoH setup:
Spoiler

Giving me 4190 arc dps, 690 ES, 204 usable mana.

The one ive recently started to use with only 2 links (making me not having CoH, and most of the time not using conductivity) is:
Spoiler

Giving me 4280 arc dps, 683 ES, 208 usable mana.
have a 3 linkd rare with just 40 less dps and same stats otherwise aswell:
Spoiler

Which one is better, no idea on how to value the blind, alsow the rare one with better stats have 2 links and i wont craft on it (which more or less makes me not playing with curse). Although i play with a melee friend so its not too often the CoH conductivity procs from the 3linkd when it matters anyway (it seams).
Last 2 questions -I pickd up this one for lvl 68 from poe.trade for only one chaos, which seams like a great deal? The wands i ive seen with simular stats go for 15ish chaos if im not missing something.
Spoiler

Playing on tempest i recently started to feel like i would realy like some sort of life leach, and i dont know if i can craft it on my current usuable wands and the lvl 68 already have 3 prefixes so i dont think i can craft that on it, do u have any suggestions?

Heres my complete gear:
Spoiler

Hope u dont mind the wall of text and item links, let me know if u do. And thanks in advance!
So if I get this right you ask me how effective the blind from the moonsorrow is? Tbh that's a stat I would ignore completely. I only recommended the moonsorrow because it's lightning damage and cast speed fit the type of wand you wanna look for and it might be a cheap option for early endgame.
You can use Jewellers Orb on you wand with only 2 sockets and make 3 out of them and then link them with a Orb of Fusing so you can use your HoT CoH setup in there as well. But you say you don't wanna craft it? Why?
Okay let's keep it like this. If you have a wand with little less dps but the links you need and one with less sockets but more dps I would keep the one with the 3 sockets/links and put the other one in my stash and save it for later (eventually you gotta craft something).
The last wand you posted seems nice to me. I would waste a few jewellers and fusings on it to 3S/L it. It has great stats. And you only have 9 more levels to go to use it.
You can't however craft leech on that wand because that would also be a prefix. So the only solution for that would be the Doryani's Invitation.

I hope that helped you. If you have any further questions just ask (:
IGN - Blackdepp
"
Blackdepp wrote:

if you are willing to loos the +4% max res and spell block from saffels this might be an option. though I would not recommend that for hardcore. also keep the mana costs in mind.

Thx for the answer, although I am not so sure to understand why the Pledge of Hands doesn't suit HC. But I'll rely on your experience :)
In that case, is there any end game unique wand for this build (already have moonsorrow but its just ok, actually thinking about going back to a rare wand that I could craft freely).

Also, since I'm playing in HC, I felt I had to link your original arc combo with a 5th gem (and so I had to put the 5 of them on my armour) : life leech. But I didn't take Vaal pact. Do you think your original 4 gem combo (without the 5th gem life leech) is ok for HC ? HC being what it is, it's hard to find the best balance between survivability and enough dmg to be fun.
I have Geofri's Crest in my chest, so I could do your original combo without problem.
Last edited by Ghorghorexp on Jul 29, 2015, 1:51:23 PM
I've been using your build on my level 61 witch and it's been going very well. I've made a few changes (using a totem, vaal summon skeletons etc) but the tree is mostly your build.

My question is, what do you think best fits in my 3L wand (along with spell echo) added lightning damage or lightning penetration ? I think lightning penetration would work better on tougher enemies with more resistances.

Also do you think that increased duration works well with VSC ? It deals more lightning damage but the last and strongest bolt is late and the enemy often moves away before that.

Thanks for the great guide.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jul 29, 2015, 4:31:53 PM
what is everyone doing with their HoT gem setup?

i was thinking HoT - Curse on hit - conductivity - culling strike ?

hello,
i'am pretty new to the game but why have 2 arcs or spells in a build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info