Path of Exile 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes

can someone please confirm, why are some of my gems suddenly 2 levels above mine, and I'm practically having an unusable character...?

thanks...
I have a hard time understanding what "after a period" means in the new description of Eldritch battery. Can someone explain the exact mechanics? A period after what? Casting? Receiving damages?

Do we lost ES when we get hit, but the shield regenerate full speed while casting? Or damage don't affect the shield, but casting does?

Did this mean that Artic Armor can't be used with EB because it prevent completely any ES regeneration?

This thing really need clarification.
"
tsetsa wrote:
can someone please confirm, why are some of my gems suddenly 2 levels above mine, and I'm practically having an unusable character...?

thanks...

Exactly my problem as well. I hope I'm missing something or that it is a bug.
Start from the beginning and level up new gems... no thanks!
when u calculate how much dps u lost due the shotgun removal, on ur build u built with lot of effort, meh, u lose any wish to play, oh and of course, the "genial" idea of replacing reduced mana cost for enlighten on auras
Last edited by andrehbg on Jul 11, 2015, 6:05:42 PM
"
tsetsa wrote:

thanks...

It happened with one of my gems as well. Take the gem out of your equip and replace it with something else you can use just for grinding. Then grind at an easier area until you get to the level you need for your gems. Or get new ones if leveling will take too long.
let me kill you so I can summon your dead body~!! \o/
"
Eldritch Battery no longer converts your Energy Shield to Mana. Instead, your Energy Shield now protects your mana (it will regenerate after a period just as before, and will not be affected by anything that specifically affects mana).

"
Eldritch Battery now causes Energy Shield to protect Mana instead of Life.

Well... that is a bit annoying for me. :(
lol that eldritch battery nonsense.

bought nice hybrid ES/life gear that wasnt cheap and now its fu**in useless?
you cant even call it a change, becouse its a completly different passive node, which has 0 of its old functionality.

if the old EB was too strong why not just change the effectiveness and make it 70% of ES or 50% of ES and make a new passive node with the current EB functionality becouse they have absolutely nothing in common. however the new EB can be very well used for other niche builds like totems for example, but most builds that used the old EB before are unplayble now. just sad
Fail to understand why the enlighten gem was rendered useless. So i'm going to spend 100 hours in game to reach level two so that i have a mana multiplier of 98%? what a joke. This and the reduced mana nerf are by far the worst changes ever made to this game.
To many bosses and most of them very powerfull...just reach at Maligaro in hardcore league...and i have died from 1 shot with almost 2000k life on normal + 75 to all resists and + 2000 evasion.Really.???? on normal...are you fuckin joking...This is path of death...from this moment i ve decided to stop suporting this game...hardcore leagues are doomed.I don t want to imagine a fucking fight with Maligaro in a fuckin map.I understand you want to make this game mor competitive..but not like this..and this archers look like rooster..this team don t have imagination any more. .really rooster with bows..????

Last edited by Modeus140 on Jul 12, 2015, 3:14:15 PM
Steam user here; big patch and I can't believe issues with Unable to MapViewofFile or Ran out of memory haven't been fixed.

Last errors I have got:

"Art/Textures/Environment/beach/sandwetns.dds": In source code file:
Resource\TextureResource.cpp at line 66,
Processing file: Art/Textures/Environment/beach/sandwetns.dds
Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: Ran out of memory

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. ErrorCode: 8 Offset: 414515200 Size: 1447260

"Metadata/Effects/Spells/sweep/rig.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. ErrorCode: 8 Offset: 414515200 Size: 1447260

"Metadata/Characters/Str/Str.act": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. ErrorCode: 8 Offset: 414515200 Size: 1447260

Have verified integrity of game cache, ran PackCheck thrice, uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times, applied -gc 2 to opening pathway, checked for any weird fonts (none), reduced settings to an absolute minimum, improved my RAM higher than 4 GB; can run other games at higher settings with no problem and this just keeps happening. Any solutions so far? I know this problem has been running from a long time, but still no definite solutions...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info