Path of Exile 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes

I haven`t played for a year so I`m happy that desync is finally fixed.

sadly this game is still mainly designed for party players as the bad drop rates in solo games and insane dmg spikes at the end of act 4 show.
my super tanky HC Marauder just bit the dust in act 4 NORMAL(!) after effortlessly destroying everything in his path up to the belly of the beast. I exceeded the lvl requirement by 5 lvl and got killed by one of the bosses in 2 seconds (not even the last one).

I don`t want to complain, it was hardcore after all and at least it wasn`t death by desync. but if a buffed Marauder with huge defenses can`t survive that on normal difficulty, it`s clear where you want to push the players.

I understand you want to sell cosmetics and that works best with some peer pressure and showing off in groups. but still I would prefer to play the game how I want to. I`m a customer too you know and I would even buy more stuff if it wasn`t so ridiculously overpriced.

well end of rant, all in all you guys do some great work with this game, guess I`m just not the target audience. maybe I visit again in another year...
I don't think that the desync was fixed.

I clicked to open 2 chests. When my character moved to open the second chest, (it has not reached the second chest yet) I was teleported back to the first chest it opened and the 2nd chest was opened as well even though my character did not reach the 2nd chest and I did not click anywhere else after I clicked on the second chest so how come my character went back to the first chest?
do you use "lockstep" in the options menu? this plus the new servers fixed my technical problems. only when downloading something in the background or with a high ping in general I get rubberbanding (speeding up/slowing down). that`s not the same as desync though.

your chest example shows that it wasn`t desync, otherwise the second chest would have not been open...

"
I don't think that the desync was fixed.

I clicked to open 2 chests. When my character moved to open the second chest, (it has not reached the second chest yet) I was teleported back to the first chest it opened and the 2nd chest was opened as well even though my character did not reach the 2nd chest and I did not click anywhere else after I clicked on the second chest so how come my character went back to the first chest?

"
Projectile skills no longer "shotgun". You can't hit the same target with more than one simultaneously-created projectile from the same source any more. They've been rebalanced around this.

Eldritch Battery no longer converts your Energy Shield to Mana. Instead, your Energy Shield now protects your mana (it will regenerate after a period just as before, and will not be affected by anything that specifically affects mana).

Arctic Armour now chills enemies when they hit you. It causes you to drop chilled ground only while moving and take a percentage less Fire and Physical damage while stationary. It will reserve mana instead of draining mana and no longer reduces damage taken by a flat amount.

So.. the incinerate build I was using and built my character around is no longer possible.

Well, guess on the plus side I can make a melee character now that desync is fixed..
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Fucking quality nerfs. Game is more boring with them no one care about quality now
I just came back to PoE, didn't play for a year or so. Starting from scratch in a new league is so different and fresh!

Tempest ftw! I rolled a scion thinking Shockwave Totem, but I didn't find the skill gem and was too busy enjoying the new Wild Strike. Until Kaom that is. I nearly had him before he launched a hundred spirits. Second try I was insta-killed by his Ground Slam (?).

Two days later I have arrived in act 4 merciless with a completely different approach. It's been great fun! I really like how some skills and support gems were balanced. Point Blank for example. Loot 2.0 seems to like me. I have found two (!) Tabula Rasa on my way, never found it before. Also gathered a great deal of gear for other builds I might roll. A phys bower for sure, probably cold damage with those cool new support gems. War cries, Fortify, golems! Melee finally getting some love. Yes, I did find my SW Totem too, and a unique shield to boost its AoE while I'm leeching from totem damage. :-)

Not until now did I read the patch notes. No wonder it was so hard to find Vaal ruins, and some areas and waypoints had been removed.

Act 4 is really really cool. Even the sound tracks are unique and super! So many bosses, so much loot. I still don't know how I survived it twice and now I fear it for sure.

Jewels! New base item mods. Added flat damage bonuses to spells! And again a brand new skill tree, so hard to tame. Where did all my respec points go?

Maybe Tempest is not my cup of tea. I really enjoyed Beyond and I would have loved Torment. Still there are so many new and exciting additions to the core game now. The way you progress buying gems as you go. Much appreciated! Also look at those small but all so important fixes and tweaks. Fantastic! Looks like another supporter pack is heading my way. Thank you! :-)
I very much dislike the new leech vs reflect system. On hitting reflect mob(s) first you take damage then you get the leech, damage is not subtracted from the leech pool anymore. Basically, if you bought glyph mark bow or have something with a lot of damage (doesn't matter if physical or elemental) you are going to die first, leech later. Especially with evasion rangers and removal of Ondar's Guile (yes I know it's there but that's not worth taking anymore). Going IR route doesn't help much either.
Of course, this only applies to big damage dealers like heavy crit hitting chars. It's lightning thorns all over again.

As for Eternal orbs > well when they were introduced they made rich people obscenely rich or at least richer. Regular (poor) players just sold them eternals and mirrors. I am kinda glad that this will end. Too many were RMT-ing currency to buy mirrored items. On the other side, I am also kinda sad that there won't be new rich people that will craft or old crafters to craft new items when even more new mods arrive. There are still eternals to go around but they will dry out eventually.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Excellent update.
Indeed excellent update..
It was way to short. They should include a backround story to each change and the the discussion report. Ofcourse they need an additional Member to do all this work !!! He should be called the "Voice of Reason and Nerf". :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info