[2.0] Angryaa's multicurse minion summoner.

Can this build or similar summoner (no SRS) be able to handle Atziri or even uber?

My summoner stats to get better but when compared to my incinerate char the damage isnt even on the same scale.
However, i have some more lvls to get on my gems (1 or 2) and i havent qualitied them all yet.
Also, im sure there is some tveaking one can do with corruptions and Empower gems.

But will the minions be able to do enough damage and will they survive the hard beating?

Zombies can be re-summoned on the fly but the spectres cant.
Anyone have been able to sucessfully do Atziri with this or similar build?
If so i like to see the build and how you do it.
You could probably do Atziri on softcore, but hardcore I would never try it with either the midnight bargain or sire of shards build. It's much more of a map clearing build, you'd be better off using something else for Atziri.
is chain still the way to go instead of light pen?
Last edited by danteafk on Aug 20, 2015, 5:28:43 PM
If you dont use any cursing at all i would try out the different combinations to see what is best.
With no cursing the mosters resist will be high and the Light penetration gem maybe does give really good results.

I would try to squeeze in a elemental waekness curse gem if possible.
Both your SRS & Spectres will benefit hugely from this.

I use a 5-link and have this gems for my revenants:
Raise Spectre - Spell Echo - LMP - Minion Damage - Light Penetration

It works pretty well but the reason i left the Chain gem out is because my chest is hard to roll 2 green sockets on.
If i could color the sockets i would try switching the Light Penetration gem for Chain gem.
But, remember that i curse all monsters with conductivity so their light res is already lowered a great deal.

A 6-link would of cause be optimal.
AA have specified these gems for 6-link:
Raise Spectre - Spell Echo - LMP - Chain - Minion Damage - Light Penetration

What really would be intresting is to use a piece of gear that either gives + to gemlevels, that gives a "free" support gem or some other extra ability for your spectres.
Examples are Whispering Ice or Pledge of Hands.

If using a Pledge of Hands you will get a lvl 30 spell echo from the staff so you could use an extra support gem.
Intresting options:
Empower, faster casting, slower projectiles, culling strike, added lightning, added chaos and faster projectiles are all gems who could potentially work good.
Slower projectiles would give 30% MORE damage witch is a HUGE boost to dps.

Or one could use the extra gemslot for spectre survivability with Minion life or Life Leech/LGoH.

When i have aquired some more currency and gear in Warbands i would love to try things like this out.
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Aug 20, 2015, 12:27:47 PM
thanks man.

Question: Since I`m running a SRS hybrid build with 2 specters. would you rather recommend running wrath + revenants (which only benefits the revenants) or anger + flame sentinels? (which benefits srs and the sents)

I could swap my chaos golem for elemental weakness (which is better than conductivity or flammability etc), but things die so fast, there is no time to curse.
Last edited by danteafk on Aug 20, 2015, 5:29:53 PM
"
danteafk wrote:
thanks man.

Question: Since I`m running a SRS hybrid build with 2 specters. would you rather recommend running wrath + revenants (which only benefits the revenants) or anger + flame sentinels? (which benefits srs and the sents)

I could swap my chaos golem for elemental weakness (which is better than conductivity or flammability etc), but things die so fast, there is no time to curse.

For Hybrid SRS I really prefer Evangelists with Hatred. That's the aura SRS wants most anyways, and Evangelists give you friendly safety bubbles.
I have not tried the Evangelists (the ones with bubbles) with my summoner so i cant say how good/bad they are.
However, if you are going after super high endgame bosses like Atziri, Dominus and similar, the bubbles that the evangelists provide is very very useful, just look at old summoner vids.
If just clearing maps or mf-ing i would use revenants or flame sentinels.
Since you use SRS with is fire and physical based, flame sentinels probably would be better as the cursing will support both the flame sentinels and the fire part of SRS damage.

In my tries with spectres (revenants and flame sentinels) both are pretty similar in damage output with maybe a slightly better results for revenants.
Using SRS and Flame Sentinals would make a good team where you could get an corrupted +1 curse ammy or use windscream boots.
Dual cursing with Flamability curse (lower fire res) and Elemental weakness (lower all elemental resists including fire) would make any monster go down extreamly quick, even if a badass boss.
Both these curses can get fire resists go down lower than 0 (ie. minus resists).
You could use Flamability curse and Vurnability (lower phys resistance) since SRS do fire & physical damage, this option could be good if using zombies as they do phys damage.

The only thing beeing little irritating is that sometimes blue, rare or unique monsters are curse imune with isnt a big deal but it will take longer time to take these monsters down.
Maybee you should avoid curse immune map mods, at least until your minions do very good damage.
You could allways switch out the curse gems for something other useful when running curse imune maps.

Good luck
Last edited by dandan88 on Aug 22, 2015, 7:59:31 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:

You have no idea how much I wish spectres persisted on logout...

This is the no 1 reason im not playing summoner so much recently.
I suffer from a bad internet supplier and have disconnects every now and then.
The resummoning process EVERY time is very annoying.
I also have problems with higher lvl mapdrops even though i quality and roll them.

Nice char and greetz for getting it to 95.
Hey AA, wonderful build, my question is how you get to A4M past Deresso and Kaom to get merc Revenants? Deresso was able to one-shot my cruel revenants in 2-3 seconds after I entered his arena. I tried to just wear him down with fortify + minion life buffed zombies in +2 but he was tearing those down too. I ripped there after using 8-9 portals to refill flasks (I resigned trying to bring in more spectres, whatever I brought was down in matter of seconds).

Afterwards, I was trying him in Standard, using lvl 19 spectres + zombies with much better equip but still died few times. Very, very hard fight for summoner, yet still pretty much requirement to get end-game spectres.

Also Belly's Piety was tough fight, died there once (again with superior equip to what I possibly can have in Tempest).

My feelings: amazing build but loosing power in A4C due to normal spectres being not enough (I was using ravenants all the way) and A4M being pretty much even worse with Deresso on the top of the nightmare list.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info