[2.0] Angryaa's multicurse minion summoner.

"
くりす wrote:

Don't you mean revs over sents? He uses revenants as spectres.

Revenants are so much better cuz they shock often when you curse enemies with conductivity allowing for more dmg. Bad part, the AI is not as good and you have to direct them more especially in corridor type maps.

I was assuming he used them because he's using Ball Lightning with his Curse on Hit setup.

Using that, wouldn't it increase the Lightning Resist on mobs because of Elemental Equilibrium? Making his Spectre's deal less damage. Or am I not understanding Equilibrium?

You're understanding EE correctly, but you missed that I also spec Avatar of Fire, which makes me only do fire damage - so my Ball Lightning still lowers Lightning resist for my Revenants.
I have a couple of questions that I hope aren't too noobish. I've played this toon through act 4, and at level 70 am starting to get deeper into maps but curious about some of the nuances, and not sure if this is a matter of assumed knowledge, or the benefit of 20/20 gems? I've also played a level 89 SRS Summoner currently @ 89.

Guide says:
4l: Firestorm + Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Enfeeble. Late game add Temporal Chains and Enchance.

How do you get to the 3rd or 4th curse? Initially is the 3rd curse a stand-alone, or do you have 2 separate firestorm pieces? Or is this saying swap out for Temp Chains... *(I've never had an Enhance gem drop let alone level 4, so I'm looking mostly at 3 curses..?) I could theoretically freecast temp chains now on top of my conductivity and enfeeble firestorm, by swapping out desecrate (useless) to the weapon swap shield. So should I be looking at 3 curses for mapping into 79?

I have midnight bargain, so 4 spectres and 10 zombies, plus currently running a tanky guardian that i might want to swap out ofr a chaos golem or something?

And most importantly for survivabilty:

Guide says run POE, Wrath, and Disc which is over the reserved mana cap. I have conqueror's efficiency jewel, can you actually get to running these 3 auras in 2.0? Is this another aspect of 20/20 gems or am I missing something in my build to get more mana reserve reduction? Currently I can run wrath and have to choose between PoE and Disc... Currently I am quite over resist-capped and looking for gloves and a better +minion helm as I go to get less resists there.. is it feasible to switch to 2 herald resists so early when I have holes like +chaos resist in my gear?

Also, flesh offering as the dps increase seems to work to help targetting the dumbass revenants... like desecrate, though the dps increase of flesh offering is hard to quantify. Am I imagining this?

And final question for a "get it all out of the way, nubass":
Enduring cry -- How important/relevant is it to this build?

I'm curious about it, it's great to have in certain maps but otherwise seems to go by the wayside on others?

Thanks in advance for entertaining my nubish questions.

Last edited by Winndowlikker on Sep 26, 2015, 1:51:50 AM
If you want to auto cast three curses with one firestorm you need 5 links, simple as that. So either you use a staff and put your CoH setup in that or your chest. Failing that you can cast it manually or possibly work it in somewhere else.

To run those three auras on just mana you'll need Reduced Mana Reserved passives. With the jewel it looks like -16% is the bare minimum but you'll need a little more to actually afford your spells. Here's a helpful tool for figuring out mana reservation: Mikelat's Aura Calculator

Can't speak to Enduring Cry as I'm not at the point where I'd need it yet. I guess if you feel like you need the charges, don't mind casting it, and have a slot then go for it.

edit: Forgot about Flesh Offering. I think what looks like them acquiring targets better is just a result of the increased speed. As for quantifying its benefit: while I don't have numbers handy, on say Revenant dps, it's safe to say it is very substantial. Imagine what 20-30% speed does for yourself on any other character.
Last edited by smithist on Sep 26, 2015, 3:02:43 PM
"
edit: optimized skill tree, fixed leveling spec, added section about weapons in the gear section and what gear to get for Animate Guardian.

I dont see the leveling tree anywhere? Was it taken down? I dont want to spec incorrectly and have to spend a ton of points respecing out.
just wanna make sure if we only have a 4link is it best to still use the flame sents?
If I want to keep EE and use ball lightning for the sake of my party synergy, what would be the best spectres ( and with what links ) ?
Noob here, Is there any reason why we should grab so many life nods instead of just going for chaos inoculation?
hey guys if im using sire of shards do i still use lmp aswell or something else?
"
Soulfighter wrote:
Noob here, Is there any reason why we should grab so many life nods instead of just going for chaos inoculation?

Wondering the same thing. Haven't played in ages, had a CI summoner, and now have no idea what to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info