[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

As a new player may I ask is this build viable with energy shield you take a lot of +% armor notes in the skill tree but the unique armor is energy shield base would it not make sense to go an alternative route to blood magic with more str /life notes and skip the armor %once ?
Hello all, so I'm "brand new" to POE. I've been playing for about 3 weeks. This build is the first that I ever used and it's great! In reading some of the posts I see some DPS numbers that are just astounding. I'm assuming it's mostly due to my gear but i wanted to check with the pros!

My tooltip dps is 6683.6 at level 70. I have been playing with a chaos golem and I've read that the fire golem can boost my dps, so i might look into this.

My resistances are: 52, 58, 28, -44 (i know, honestly i'm just not picking up the gear)
Armor:521, Dmg reduc: 8%, chance to evade: 9%, Energy Shield 1138, 108.3 life regen
Chance to hit: 77%, Attacks/sec: 1.74, projectiles: 1, fire pen: 2%
I have 3237 Health.

My gear is listed below:

Spoiler

Aside from dumping currency i lack into 6l gear, does anything jump out for me to fix? I'm running lvl 68-69 maps right now and while clearing is relatively easy, the end bosses are sometimes problematic.
Everyone had a hard time in PoE as a new player. That's just how it is ... ;-)
... unless you get into a guild who can equip you with some nice gear.

- The very first goal for pretty much any build is to get resistance capped. Meaning, since you get a -60% penalty, and 75% is cap, aim for 135%. 5% less in any elemental resistance means 20% more damage taken, keep that in mind.

- Get armour and life up, you want a bare minimum of 3k life unreserved, better aim for 3.5k+ at least. Aside from uniques you plan to use, get armour pieces. Dual res, and if possible one or two other helping mods, are not too expensive usually.

- The longer you wear Astramentis, the harder it will be to replace it without too many changes due to missing attributes. Get rid of it. It's another "Joker" item like Tabula.

Everything else is covered in the OP, I think. Stat priority, general gearing.

For some info on items, and to learn what's possible, and what not, you can take a look at PoEMods. It's not been updated in a long time, but in general it's still correct.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Aug 11, 2015, 10:04:11 AM
"
akiris wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
akiris wrote:
Can you give your skill tree?

Here is my tree (89):

I now have a 6L mantle and do 62k dps per totem (FlameTotem-FasterCast-FasterPrj-IronWill (or Fire Pen for fire res maps)- ChaosDmg-Crit Dmg, with 4 Power Charges up. I hit 82k DPs when playing with my aura/summoner buddy. 4.8k life, 1.7kES. Also, dual curses (which is huge for either survivability or DPS).

14 casts per second on the totems.

P.

Nice build. How about Atziri? Have any problems?

Thanks! Never tried atziri, uber or otherwise, sorry! I imagine it would work pretty well, the dps is large.

I have also tied witht he idea of getting vaal pact (its pretty close) and running Life Leech instead of, say, crit dmg or iron will - would make the totems pretty resilient vs high end bosses.

P.
Vaal Pact? No life regen, no self-leech and Blood Magic? Sorry but it's a big big fail.

I don't think many people appreciate the clunky gameplay of potting every second either, especially when you can't refill life pot vs boss.

Killed Atziri with a smiliar Crit totem build. So its just like kitting and using pots smart. Iam dealing like 27 k dps. Its possible and i failed 5 min ago, cause i wasnt concentrated enough.
Killed Atziri yesterday, standard thread build lvl 89 26000 DPS totem.
I died three time dealing with the three bosses mainly for my faulty movment ( I forgot the dmg caused by the smoke trail) Also I had problem killing the bosses in the best order , for me kill cyclone dude for first .
Any idea on how kill selective target with totem , seems impossible to me :-)

Bye
Andrea
Im plannin to go full chaos dmg so i will be using this:
+
( gonna craft second dagger )

Then i try romiras banquet ring to get power charges ( will be like 5 charges ). So gonna use incinerate because it wont crit so i get charges every time i want.

My links will be: Flame totem + Faster proj. + Faster casting + Empower (lvl 3 ) + Add chaos dmg + Increase critical strikes.

Hopefully this build rocks when i hit lvl 70+ :)
Very good guide my friend. I modified it a bit because I am using incinerate totems, and still works like a charm. Very fast and fluid.

Great work!
I am thinking of trying to create a hybrid version of this build, i am level 87 on tempest right now with this build, i was using lioneye`s and HOT on life, but HOT is just not worth it at all for 600+ life. I was better off dropping lioneye`s and HOT and dual wanding or getting a good ES shield with spell damage/cast speed, the DPS increase is much better and u gain a lot of life, but then the %armor nodes get almost pointless because ur body armor is ES and you dont get the 1400+ armor from the shield, so i end up only having like 2k armor. With a hybrid build you could get all ES on your gear and get a very decent amount of ES i think.

Has anyone tried that out? I am pretty bad at creating builds and messing with the passive tree, so i am afraid i`d screw that up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info