[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Cr4v3n wrote:
"
Shangetsu wrote:
I dislike the EC/IC+CWDT setup because manually casting EC is a pain in the ass for me and do not do make much difference anyway (I don't think I've been in one situation where I died but wouldn't have if I had cast EC before), do you guys have any alternative?

Same here. You try to keep EC up for nothing 99% of the time, and when you need it it's not there or has just expired.

Looking into alternatives, too.

On a related topic, I sacrificed some damage and ditched HoT and HoI that I was running, and run Determination (L8Q0, i like to level my own gems) atm. 8.7k Armour unbuffed, and a little over 26k with granite up puts me at 72% reduction.

I choose to run cwdt/inc dura/tempest shield/molten if carrying shield
"
SoundSurround wrote:

So you even threw out Immortal Call completely? Or do you run another CWDT setup. Saw a lot of ppl running two now.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Aug 12, 2015, 6:23:35 AM
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
"
SoundSurround wrote:

So you even threw out Immortal Call completely? Or do you run another CWDT setup. Saw a lot of ppl running two now.

Threw out IC. Besides the tempest/molten, i have a 2nd cwdt+phase+inc dur.
You shouldn't really just run into packs and they are saying too troublesome to self cast EC which i agree. In that case, IC with a time of about 1s or less will not help much either.
So IC is not such good atm? Better to use instead of it Molten Shell and Tempest Shield?
In Game nick - Amarinho
"
Amare wrote:
So IC is not such good atm? Better to use instead of it Molten Shell and Tempest Shield?

It's less effective since the changes to CWDT and Enduring Cry, but still useable. The issue is one of personal preference, as you must manually cast EC to generate charges prior to IC firing off, which generally means that you don't get maximized duration. Some have switched to, or use as well as, a CWDT -> Phase run setup which lets you run out of the pack and get clear, which many find to be less clunky and doesn't involve a manual step in between. Other use a Molten Shell, Tempest or AA or something similar.. again personal preference, or what works best for play style and build variances.
"
edgrubermn wrote:
Other use a Molten Shell, Tempest or AA or something similar.. again personal preference, or what works best for play style and build variances.

Yes, I tried Arctic Armor, has the downside that the armour increase only counts when you stand still. I'm constantly moving, so this isn't for me.

Currently trying your setup with TS and MS. Looks pretty, but there's the thing with gem levels ...

Oh and BTW, I don't miss IC. Ditching IC made no difference to survivability at all. So that's that, as a stand-alone, or even with ID, it's next to worthless now.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Aug 12, 2015, 10:09:50 AM
Hi there, I've found these recently

and I'm considering to buy a cloak of flame because (besides being cheap) it would give a semi-permanent 40% increased faster casting, i.e. 20% per ring when you're ignited, the rings give 50% chance to being ignited, while the cloak turns 20% of incoming phys damage into fire which means that every other hit would ignite me.

The problem is of course survivability. Anyone tried / considers it worth the effort?

IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Hey there

I am currently using this build and in the early 40's. Any suggestions as to items, uniques etc that will help me setup the proper 4l+ gear? Key items you used? All suggestions welcome Thank you! Great build so far!
Would life leech instead of add chaos damage be worth it at all in certain situations? Id think with how fast fire totem hits mobs, it would be a really nice way to stay alive, but im not entirely sure.
"
CyFiver wrote:
Hey there

I am currently using this build and in the early 40's. Any suggestions as to items, uniques etc that will help me setup the proper 4l+ gear? Key items you used? All suggestions welcome Thank you! Great build so far!

u can buy a cheap Karui Ward for the 30% projectile speed and keep a +1 fire spells wand or scepter with flame totem faster casting fire pen. im using this setup until i get my 5 link

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info