[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
CrackedSanity wrote:
What is the nerf on flame totems? Where do I go to see it?

They haven't stated what it will be yet. Rory stated "So I talked a bit with the balance guys, and we're going t be making some balance adjustments to Flame Totem, and some other stuff that came up based on reviewing stats." Then for a nice troll credits ZiggyD for the suggestion ;)

A lot of people hope that all they are really planning on changing is its early level strength, as it is very powerful at low levels, without nerfing it too much.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 8, 2015, 11:39:02 AM
By the way, excellent build write-up/video. I've seen so many crit versions of this discussed in detail (mostly on reddit) during beta, with most people discounting the flat damage BM route. Your video is very well done as far as explaining why you take certain nodes vs others and the order of which to take them. I think it is one of the best video guides I've seen in a while as far as quality of the video itself. Your pacing is perfect, voice is perfectly audible, and left me with no questions, which I usually have several of when I read about a build. So bravo on a job well done!
"
noobstaa wrote:
Why not going for Crit?

Because it is a very different build :)

For a beginners build or a new league build a non-crit build is much easier to set up as it doesn't require as much gear. Non-crit also has the benefit of you being able to invest those "crit points" into life or flat damage.

Crit is good, but a non-crit, bm is better for beginners or new leagues in my opinion :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
sinisista wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to prepare this build. I wanted something to get started with cheaply because we will be in a league with a fresh economy.

I love playing witch builds and I have incorporated the flame totem in a couple of builds I have done early on for survivability until I could grow into the main skills of the build I was doing. This will be fun for me to actually take flame totem into late game.

I mentioned this on one of your youtube videos (I post as Sista Feed) that your Vaal Reeve Ranger was my very first Poe build and I really wanted my very first Awakening build to be a Lifting Nerd build! I nerd!

Can't hardly wait until Friday to start this build!

Excellent guide as always! Thanks for holding this newbie's hand and helping me to get the most out of POE.

Sista, thank you so much for the kind feedback. You are awesome :)

Best of luck! :)
"
damelon wrote:
By the way, excellent build write-up/video. I've seen so many crit versions of this discussed in detail (mostly on reddit) during beta, with most people discounting the flat damage BM route. Your video is very well done as far as explaining why you take certain nodes vs others and the order of which to take them. I think it is one of the best video guides I've seen in a while as far as quality of the video itself. Your pacing is perfect, voice is perfectly audible, and left me with no questions, which I usually have several of when I read about a build. So bravo on a job well done!

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the kind feedback. I am glad it was of use :)

Best of luck mate! :)
"
LtTrog wrote:
how do you feel about a crit/3dragons variant on this? dropping life regen and relying on surgeons flasks to make room for the crit nodes? there was another build guide that did that but ive not seen much regarding 2.0 for it

3 Dragons is great for a crit build for sure. I just feel non-crit FT has its benefits (read one of the posts above for my explanation)

If you go for crit then yea, definitely go for Three Dragons :)
Finally... i can waiting for start with this build. BRO - thx for awesomes builds
Non crit will have a much easier time at early lvl ( because you take all the spell damage nod etc ) while a crit build will shine end game .

Nice guide tough! hope they dont nerf ft too much
Last edited by Philss on Jul 8, 2015, 4:25:35 PM
No offline skill trees has the 10-10-15% hp on mortal conviction. Can't find it. Great build probably going Marauder Dual FT for Hardcore.

-edit- Never mind it seems that no offline skill tree calculator really has it.
Last edited by Kowaka on Jul 8, 2015, 5:30:35 PM
"
Kowaka wrote:
No offline skill trees has the 10-10-15% hp on mortal conviction. Can't find it. Great build probably going Marauder Dual FT for Hardcore.

-edit- Never mind it seems that no offline skill tree calculator really has it.

my offline skilltree has it , had it for a while to i think i got it from reddit somewhere

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info