[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Which class gets the flame totem with lvl4? Which quest do you have to do for it?

I think about dual totem + fire trap for leveling. I had a marauder before, but I like the idea to play another class...

How much surviveability does the witch have for endgame? My lvl 80 marauder was really beefy, did not have a lot of problems.

How about changing it to Spell Totems with lightning balls or maybe some ice spells later... witch?
"
TheLuckyOne wrote:
Which class gets the flame totem with lvl4? Which quest do you have to do for it?

I think about dual totem + fire trap for leveling. I had a marauder before, but I like the idea to play another class...

How much surviveability does the witch have for endgame? My lvl 80 marauder was really beefy, did not have a lot of problems.

How about changing it to Spell Totems with lightning balls or maybe some ice spells later... witch?

You need to do the "Breaking some eggs" quest (Enter the underground cavern and port back) - if you don't get it for a reward you can then buy it after from the vendor as a Marauder, Templar, or Witch. It takes 5 minutes as the only killing required is technically Hillock and whatever Rhoas are in your way.
Cool, thank you. I know what I will play! :)
Great build, great explaination and I think they will not "destroy" a fun build like that with the patch. They might nerf or adjust a bit, but still keep it playable for sure.

So only kill Hillock with Shadow for fire trap and then play witch until you get flame totem. Sounds like a good combination.

Edit: What about 3 Dragons mask? The Flame Totems would shock enemies and they get 50% mehr dmg when shocked?

Last edited by TheLuckyOne on Jul 9, 2015, 2:35:03 PM
The witch tree has not enough %life for HC and the whole tree is missing crit.
"
TheLuckyOne wrote:
Great build, great explaination and I think they will not "destroy" a fun build like that with the patch. They might nerf or adjust a bit, but still keep it playable for sure.

So only kill Hillock with Shadow for fire trap and then play witch until you get flame totem. Sounds like a good combination.

Edit: What about 3 Dragons mask? The Flame Totems would shock enemies and they get 50% mehr dmg when shocked?

Check out my answer regarding the three dragons question the previous page =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
TheLuckyOne wrote:

I will also strongly recommend using Firestorm as a leveling skill. It is pretty awesome at the moment :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Just one think you should consider when using infernal mantle.
25% of fire dmg is no longer fire, so that 25% is only affected by spell damage on gear and tree and inc. chaos damage.
That means spell dmg is much more superior than fire damage or even elemental damage in that case.
Or putting it in a different way, one get only 75% of any elemental or fire damage bonus.
then it should be:

"

Gearing and stat priorities
(...)
For offence:

1. Increased:
1.1. Spell Damage
1.2. Elemental Damage
1.3. Fire Damage

2. Added Flat Fire/Lightning/Cold damage to spells (for wands/scepters)
3. Increased Cast Speed
4. Increased Projectile Speed
5. Strength (Iron Will damage)

Just remembered: damage from herald of thunder is not a spell dmg, so it is only affected by elemental and lightning damage increasing stats.
Last edited by SmoczyArchaniol on Jul 9, 2015, 11:44:05 PM
The "levelling skill-tree" links don't seem to work properly. A lot of the paths to the nodes are broken which technically shouldn't be possible?
"
neurotech wrote:
The "levelling skill-tree" links don't seem to work properly. A lot of the paths to the nodes are broken which technically shouldn't be possible?

skil tree planner dont work use the Video guide on Youtue
How does the latest release patch notes affect this build? Is this still viable or no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info