[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Elair wrote:
"
Wayn091 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Elair wrote:
Hi there!

Could anyone explain me why choosing witch as your class do you pick 9% casting speed instead of 30% spell power beneath the very root of the tree? Isn't spell power more profitable as you claim it for gearing?
Thanks in advance!

The cast speed is taken since it makes the totem fire faster, therefore increasing DPS. We still need the spell power/damage so our extra fire speed is putting out higher damage each time it fires, however the cast speed on the tree in this case will give higher dps than the damage nodes.

I have a perfect understanding of the fact that cast speed increasing DPS through making the totem fire faster. The thing I don't understand is how to comprehend in which case which stat of this two is better. As it claimed by author spell damage and it's equivalents like elemental damage are more valuable offensive stats than cast speed when you choosing gear. Thus I see some sort of contradiction here and I would be very glad if u solve it for me.

If we took more damage on tree and had no cast speed, then cast speed would be more needed on gear. You really need a mix of both, damage just seems to be easier to roll from my experience, which is why I am guessing the OP did it this way. If you really want to, you could take some damage starting nodes instead and get some extra cast speed on gear, I'm not sure how the DPS would work out but it would be around abouts the same :)
"
Wayn091 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Elair wrote:
Hi there!

Could anyone explain me why choosing witch as your class do you pick 9% casting speed instead of 30% spell power beneath the very root of the tree? Isn't spell power more profitable as you claim it for gearing?
Thanks in advance!
"
Wayn091 wrote:
The cast speed is taken since it makes the totem fire faster, therefore increasing DPS. We still need the spell power/damage so our extra fire speed is putting out higher damage each time it fires, however the cast speed on the tree in this case will give higher dps than the damage nodes.
"
Elair wrote:
I have a perfect understanding of the fact that cast speed increasing DPS through making the totem fire faster. The thing I don't understand is how to comprehend in which case which stat of this two is better. As it claimed by author spell damage and it's equivalents like elemental damage are more valuable offensive stats than cast speed when you choosing gear. Thus I see some sort of contradiction here and I would be very glad if u solve it for me.
If we took more damage on tree and had no cast speed, then cast speed would be more needed on gear. You really need a mix of both, damage just seems to be easier to roll from my experience, which is why I am guessing the OP did it this way. If you really want to, you could take some damage starting nodes instead and get some extra cast speed on gear, I'm not sure how the DPS would work out but it would be around abouts the same :)

Both stats are important though spell damage is more easily rolled, guess that makes sense, thank you very much!

Buy the way it's my first time playing PoE so I'm really glad I've started with this build. It looks pretty fun and strong at the same time. I've looked through forums a bit and now have a strong feeling that this game has a great friendly community. Guess I'll stay here for a while :)
Last edited by Elair on Jul 15, 2015, 8:54:42 PM
So for tooltip deeps, is it per one projectile or per totem? Or how do you even properly calculate the dps for this build?
Is sacrificing 500+hp for herald of thunder really worth the extra dps? For hardcore, I tend to want as much life as possible.
IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992
I asked this in one of the other totem guides, but why added chaos, and not like cold/lightning?

Last edited by Strooder on Jul 16, 2015, 12:42:01 AM
i put the same question in the another marauder guide of this build... why we take celestial punishment node in the tree? the chance of ignite its too slow in this build or I missing something?...in the video you say that if we curse the enemies its worth to take it...so if we dont use curse not worth it?
Is it better to go with Quantity or Quality gem while doing high level maps on the culling totem?
Completed my first ever Atziri thanks to this build.
Do you think a soul mantle could work here?
"
"
Can this build also use Shockwave totem? How would you modify it to maximize Shockwave totem instead of flame totem? Thank you for considering this question.

It could potentially yes, however for shockwave totem I would prefer not going BM to be able to use Hatred. Besides that you should of course not spec into fire damage, but instead focus on spell and physical damage :)

Thank you Lifting. No BM would mean some points must go into mana/int then to support costs I guess?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info