[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I have been using a variation on this in warbands and it is nice and tanky. My question is why HoT? After ancestral bond, it doesn't seem to do much.
Censored.
I've been following this build and I'm level 67 now, finished the last part of A4M. I have a few questions:

1. Can I replace with anything else HoT, something that gives more damage maybe?

2. I'm at the moment keeping my Flame totem setup ( + Fire pen + Faster Casting ) on a shield with +2 to fire gems ( shield at bottom of this post ). Is a 5-link armour going to give me more DPS than this current setup on my shield?

3. I have bought a Clear Mind Jewel and I'm using it, but it only gives me like +500 dps on my tooltip (48% roll on the jewel), is it normal? Also, is another jewel socket on the tree worth it? Maybe two Clear Mind Jewels?

4. On rings, should I get cast speed or fire damage? I've had some unique gloves with like 13% increased cast speed and they've greatly increased my tooltip DPS, while the increased fire damage on the ring barely modify it.

//thanks for answering!
Last edited by CrYFu12 on Jul 13, 2015, 4:45:50 PM
I'm following this build at the new league - Tempest

at the moment i'm level 50 on cruel.

really fun to play, and congratz nice build.
Posting again because I want to reassure several people posting in a panic because they do not have enough Intelligence or Dexterity to equip items or gems.

I do not consider myself an excellent player. I have never played Hardcore (because I know I am not ready). I just entered Act IV Merciless in Warbands. I am level 66 and my items are garbage. I have purchased none of my gear - I am self-found. Oh wait, I did have my shadow friend buy me a Faster Projectiles because I have not found one yet and he could purchase it from a vendor.

I am posting to show how strong this build is - even with horrible gear and lack of player
experience.

I am using the following:

Flammability - linked to nothing (lol)

Herald of Thunder - again - linked to nothing (lol)

Lightning Warp (for jumping over or onto things - linked to nothing)

4L Armour
Faster Casting
Flame Totem
Faster Projectiles
Fire Penetration

3L Gloves
Minion and totem ele resist
Flame Golem
Minion Life

My following gems are stuck on various levels:

Lightning Warp - lvl 15 - needs 134 intel for 16

Culling Strike (not even using it yet lol) - stuck on lvl 10 - needs 81 dex for lvl 11

Faster Proj - Level 9 - needs 81 dex for 10

Herald of Thunder - level 14 - needs 134 int for level 15

My point to this post is - Don't freak out that you do not have enough intel or dexterity.
You CAN easily get to Act IV Merciless with total garbage gear! I feel 100% certain that LiftingNerd could get through Act IV Merciless with all magic gear!

Both Piety and Dominus in Act III Merciless melted before my eyes.

TL;DR

Relax, this build is so strong and so powerful you can easily progress with horrible gear and half the skills you will eventually use late game.
is there a class that gets this totem as a reward? I really wanna try it but havent found a flame totem yet
Yes, templar!
"
How are you using items like Apep's rage when your build only has 123 intelligence stat?

That's the same question I'm asking myself. I wanted to respecc a 90 Scion Flametotem build (EB/AA before) to this build, but I don't see how I could get enough intelligence to use HoT (150+ int at lvl 20) or even high ilvl wands, who take up to 200 int. Infernal Mantle needs 180 as well.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Emmerololth wrote:
Yes, templar!

tyvm looked thru 10 pages and didnt see it
"
CrYFu12 wrote:
I've been following this build and I'm level 67 now, finished the last part of A4M. I have a few questions:

1. Can I replace with anything else HoT, something that gives more damage maybe?

2. I'm at the moment keeping my Flame totem setup ( + Fire pen + Faster Casting ) on a shield with +2 to fire gems ( shield at bottom of this post ). Is a 5-link armour going to give me more DPS than this current setup on my shield?

3. I have bought a Clear Mind Jewel and I'm using it, but it only gives me like +500 dps on my tooltip (48% roll on the jewel), is it normal? Also, is another jewel socket on the tree worth it? Maybe two Clear Mind Jewels?

4. On rings, should I get cast speed or fire damage? I've had some unique gloves with like 13% increased cast speed and they've greatly increased my tooltip DPS, while the increased fire damage on the ring barely modify it.

1. You could potentially use ANger instead, but that does in my opinion reserve too much life.

2. A 5-link will be much better yes. Not only in terms of damage but also in terms of area of effect.

3. I can't remember the amount of damage it adds, but it was more than 500 for me. I am using a 58% though =)

4. Top cast speed rolls on rings beats the fire damage% in most cases. If you can get those rolls, then go with cast speed.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
If you don't have enough intel or dex, just pick the +30 nodes. For two passive points you have +30 dex and +30 intel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info