[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

What to do next?
I really need help ,I am level 90 and I don't know I can improve my build anymore.
I have the stadard version no crit build and my tooltip dps range from 19000 to 25000 depends if I use shield and / or buff? , res are all capped chaos is -9%. life range form 4700 to 5200.

A wand with thi stats should be a good improvment?
(pseudo) (total) 17% increased Cast Speed
(pseudo) (total) 83% increased Spell Damage
(pseudo) (total) Adds 49 Damage to Spells

Should I go to crit ?

Thx
Last edited by BabboAndrea on Aug 20, 2015, 7:08:00 PM
I think there are a few common questions being thrown around here with regards to switching to a more 'Crit' focused FT Build. I am currently in a similar situation where I'm not entirely sure what the better option are/how certain items interact.

1. I currently have Infernal Mantle and The Consuming Dark dagger, there is some confusion (having read through here, other forum posts and Reddit with no real answer still) concerning if Chaos can 'shock' and if wearing Three Dragons and/or running Herald of Thunder is doing anything.

From what I can gather, the Shock (from Three Dragons) occurs if a mob dies FROM ignite/burning damage caused by Totems. As a result if you are using the 100% conversion to Chaos damage then there is essentially no 'fire' damage to proc either and as a result Three Dragons (and potentially some nodes are essentially useless) - is this correct?

2. If the above is correct - does anyone have some maths on whether the Infernal Mantle + Consuming Dark with surpass a Wand/Dagger + Three Dragons setup?

For a Crit setup I assume the Gem Setup should look like:

Flame Totem + Faster Proj + Faster Casting + Increase Crit + Fire Pen (if none Chaos) + Empower/Iron Will.

However if one is to go 100% Chaos what would your 5th and 6th links look like - Added Chaos + Iron Will/Empower?

I guess the main thing is I'm not sure how the interaction with Chaos + Three Dragons works and if one goes Chaos should you still be using Herald of Thunder?
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Aug 21, 2015, 2:55:19 AM
Is there any video of this build (not crit/chaos, etc, just as similar as op showed in the first post) doing atziri run?
"
D_Caesar wrote:
Is there any video of this build (not crit/chaos, etc, just as similar as op showed in the first post) doing atziri run?

Although I use crits, my dps is still way less than what OP's build can achieve (my gems aren't even 20 or quality for example which are huge dps boosters) and I managed to do Atziri a few time without that much issues.
With this gear:

Spoiler

i have flame totem in my +3 wand linked with fire pen and faster casting.
Tooltip dps is about 9600 buffed with Rallying Cry, basically always beacause of also mana regen
I run on mana, using herald of thunder, arctic armour and clarity.
My second totem does 5.5k dmg having iir and culling strike linked

Is this good for atziri? (need just to get those flasks, if someone can link me some examples that worked for you, it would be nice)
Last edited by D_Caesar on Aug 22, 2015, 3:11:19 AM
"
D_Caesar wrote:
With this gear:

Spoiler

i have flame totem in my +3 wand linked with fire pen and faster casting.
Tooltip dps is about 9200 buffed with Rallying Cry, basically always beacause of also mana regen
I run on mana, using herald of thunder, arctic armour and clarity.
My second totem does 5.5k dmg having iir and culling strike linked

Is this good for atziri? (need just to get those flasks, if someone can link me some examples that worked for you, it would be nice)

+3 on a wand is completely useless.
+3 on a 6L staff is barely enough to justify using a staff instead of wands/daggers so don't get me started if it's on a 3L.

You're way better off using a 5-6L chest and stick with wands/daggers that got decent stats instead of the shitty +x to gem (you don't want to run your main offensive spell with a 3L to begin with).

If you're skilled enough then yes you can do Atziri with that. As long as you can dodge all her spells it doesn't matter how much you hit or how many HP you have. I'm not saying you should do her with 1k hp and 2k dps but in the end if you suck you'll die even if you have 10k hp and 50k dps.
Uber is another thing since the pace of the fight is way higher and it's way easier to screw up something but normal Atziri isn't that hard even with a shitty build.

Hi there!

Thanks for your good work :)

It is possible you could a add a small fast starting guide? And is this build still usable or nerfed in any way?

- What skill gems are important the first 15 levels.
- What to skill the first 15 level.
- Any other important choice to make till level 15.
Last edited by Enterich on Aug 22, 2015, 11:59:59 AM
"
Enterich wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks for your good work :)

It is possible you could a add a small fast starting guide? And is this build still usable or nerfed in any way?

- What skill gems are important the first 15 levels.
- What to skill the first 15 level.
- Any other important choice to make till level 15.

use ft starting at lvl 4 and prob incinerate until you hit dual totems.. you're going to burn through everything. start adding the recommended gems as you hit the levels to utilize them.
Forgive me for not looking through 108 pages of comments to see if this was already answered but...

I don't really get how we're supposed to use gems like faster projectiles when the build only has 34 dex (or 64 with expertise).

I am pretty nub at this game but I've played other ARPGs. I don't like the idea of having to rely having (or "juggle") dexterity requirements on my gear. It just seems really bad, I won't be able to upgrade my gear if I lose some dexterity.

I suppose I could grab Agility as well, but even then its 94 dex, some skills require 111+. Should I just not level the gems past that point? Is there a way I can guarantee I can always have the dexterity required? Like why would I only be looking at using dexterity amulets, for example, when that restricts me to one type of item?
Last edited by Stagnetti on Aug 23, 2015, 2:13:58 AM
"
Stagnetti wrote:
Forgive me for not looking through 108 pages of comments to see if this was already answered but...

I don't really get how we're supposed to use gems like faster projectiles when the build only has 34 dex (or 64 with expertise).

I am pretty nub at this game but I've played other ARPGs. I don't like the idea of having to rely having (or "juggle") dexterity requirements on my gear. It just seems really bad, I won't be able to upgrade my gear if I lose some dexterity.

I suppose I could grab Agility as well, but even then its 94 dex, some skills require 111+. Should I just not level the gems past that point? Is there a way I can guarantee I can always have the dexterity required? Like why would I only be looking at using dexterity amulets, for example, when that restricts me to one type of item?

Because requirement for your gems are high priority to get.
Seriously, your gems levels are extremely important. If you cannot find gears to get dex on then I'd suggest invest skill tree points in the big dex nodes, it'll be way more worth it than anything else and you can always regret them latter to invest in something else.

At some point you want all your gem 20q +20, it'll be an enormous dps boosters since you are using a spell.

TL;DR : Fuck how you feel, get dex on your gears for gem requirement even if it kills you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info