(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

For those of you wondering which is better between Champion, Slayer and Berserker, here's a list of effects measuring each at 8 point Ascendancy trees.

Champion

Fortify (remember the free link equates to a lot of damage, especially if you're not at a 6L yet)
133% increased Melee Damage (35% to party members as well)
15% IAS
90% increased Armor and Evasion
8% Movespeed (to self and group)
5% increased curse effect
Intimidation if solo (essentially 10% More Damage)
200% Armor and Evasion on low-life (typically not up very often, so factored separately)
Elemental Status removed on low-life (same)

TMWTT: As far as flat bonuses go, Champion wins. It's definitely the easiest choice, as it doesn't require anything special on the players behalf, while other Ascendancies are dependent on taking hits and/or chaining kills. If you're a player who likes to afk or pick through drops while playing, this is probably the better choice. That aside, Champion also offers group benefits and the best mitigation through armor and evasion bonuses, making it a compelling choice for Hardcore players.
The worst mistake you can make here though is thinking that Champion is weak, due to lacking a more damage modifier. Consider that, depending on your gear setup and available links, free Fortify can account for anything from 44% increased attack speed, 59% more weapon elemental damage, 39% increased AoE, to 59% more area damage. It's certainly no slouch.

Slayer

56% increased Damage with Two-handed Weapons
20% More Damage if you've killed recently (should essentially always be up)
20% increased AoE if you've killed recently
10% IAS
Onslaught for 20s on Rare/Unique kill (20% IAS & Movespeed)
Culling Strike at <20% (not actually defined as Culling Strike, so will it work on Unique/Bosses?)
50% reduced reflected physical damage taken (decent survivability boost, but we tend to avoid reflect maps regardless)
Persistent Leech
20% Overkill damage as Leech
Stun Immunity while leeching (not important for Cyclone)
Bleed Immunity while leeching (very important for Cyclone!)
0.4% damage Leeched
100% increased leech rate
10% max life per second to max leech rate

TMWTT: The most crucial factor is how well you can maintain Onslaught, and whether or not the Culling Strike effect works against unique and boss monsters. Offensively, this is probably the best Ascendancy for pure clearspeed, due to its high move and attack speed bonuses, but if you backtrack a lot or otherwise have trouble maintaining Onslaught, it suffers greatly. Defensively, leech generally isn't as good as pure mitigation, however the Bleed Immunity in particular is quite nice for Cyclone; especially if you're slow with flasks, or just to free up an extra flask slot for something better.

Berserker

28% increased Physical Damage
40% More Damage
10% increased Damage Taken
12% IAS
25% IAS if you've been hit recently (4%)
15% Movespeed if you've not been hit recently
20% increased life leeched per second
1% damage leeched as life and mana
2% damage leeched as life and mana if you've killed recently (stacks with the above)
100% damage leeched as life if you've taken a Savage Hit recently (15% of max life in one attack)
50% increased Damage if you've taken a Savage Hit recently
25% IAS if you've taken a Savage Hit recently.

TMWTT: It's a safe bet to say that you'll be Savage Hit fairly often due to the lack of defensives and 10% increased damage taken, so that totals out to 78% increased damage and 62% increased attack speed. This makes Berserker the clear winner in terms of pure damage, but sorely lacking in the defensive department, and so should be approached warily by Hardcore players. Aside from that, it's most notable features are the lack of in-combat move speed.

Winning categories?

Damage - Berserker > Slayer ~= Champion
Defense - Champion > Slayer > Berserker
Clear Speed - Slayer
Ease - Champion

All three are very good, pick your poison.
Last edited by Archimtiros on May 26, 2016, 5:35:29 AM
1 noobish question how do you get enduring charges? are they only from leap slam or do you have another source?
"
makaros wrote:
1 noobish question how do you get enduring charges? are they only from leap slam or do you have another source?

You can gain endurance charges from multiple sources.

• Endurance charge on melee stun linked with leap slam and vengeance
  • Actively casting enduring cry
  • Passively from warlords mark curse
  • Passively from ascendancy subclasses such as juggernauts unflinching

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on May 27, 2016, 4:46:37 PM
"
makaros wrote:

Most people use the leap soak/vengeance endurance charge on melee stun combo.

I like to use manual cast enduring cry to reliably keep charges up.
So im running this build on a champion right now with axe nodes. I love this build and i feel really tanky especially with legacy kaoms. I really want to see if I can somehow convert it to using a bow. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a tree similar to this one but maybe taking away axe nodes and maybe nodes up around templar and making it bow viable. I want to stay armor based with tons of life. But try it with a 6L bow because i feel if i could be as beast as i am now with a ranged weapon it would make my guy that much stronger. I know lighty isnt around much lately so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to help.

I also have a 94 marauder that i could use maybe as berzerker to try a bow setup(i think MF bow is the goal).

I'd only switch if a bow setup would work well as I love my axe build, just something i thought i wanted to try.
Last edited by D1Gz on May 27, 2016, 7:29:12 PM
"
D1Gz wrote:
So im running this build on a champion right now with axe nodes. I love this build and i feel really tanky especially with legacy kaoms. I really want to see if I can somehow convert it to using a bow. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a tree similar to this one but maybe taking away axe nodes and maybe nodes up around templar and making it bow viable. I want to stay armor based with tons of life. But try it with a 6L bow because i feel if i could be as beast as i am now with a ranged weapon it would make my guy that much stronger. I know lighty isnt around much lately so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to help.

I also have a 94 marauder that i could use maybe as berzerker to try a bow setup(i think MF bow is the goal).

I'd only switch if a bow setup would work well as I love my axe build, just something i thought i wanted to try.

"I know lighty isn't around much lately so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to help"

I'm back baby, until another catastrophic event occurs. So do you have a skill in mind or do you want just a tanky bow build? You mentioned MF which normally means either Windripper or Caustic Arrow, or did you want something entirely different?
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
D1Gz wrote:

"I know lighty isn't around much lately so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to help"

I'm back baby, until another catastrophic event occurs. So do you have a skill in mind or do you want just a tanky bow build? You mentioned MF which normally means either Windripper or Caustic Arrow, or did you want something entirely different?

Welcome back man,

Well at first I wanted to maybe try implementing a bow into this build just to see what it would be like .. mostly because ive been playing melee only forever. I have a 94 marauder that i had your build running and it worked great, but then everyone was saying champion was the way to go so i leveled one up and am now using champion for your build. I think I just hit a wall and wanna try something new but deff too lazy to level another character. Was thinking maybe making my zerker into a bow MFer but dont know what would be best to do. This doesnt really have anythign to do with your build but if you had the time and wanted to help, then maybe you could suggest a build to try with a bow and/or a build for MFing with a bow. I have currency as well if i need to pick some stuff up. thx for any tips
"
D1Gz wrote:
Welcome back man,

Well at first I wanted to maybe try implementing a bow into this build just to see what it would be like .. mostly because ive been playing melee only forever. I have a 94 marauder that i had your build running and it worked great, but then everyone was saying champion was the way to go so i leveled one up and am now using champion for your build. I think I just hit a wall and wanna try something new but deff too lazy to level another character. Was thinking maybe making my zerker into a bow MFer but dont know what would be best to do. This doesnt really have anythign to do with your build but if you had the time and wanted to help, then maybe you could suggest a build to try with a bow and/or a build for MFing with a bow. I have currency as well if i need to pick some stuff up. thx for any tips

You can 100% go Caustic Arrow or Explosive Arrow MF as berserker/champion and get 50iq/300ir comfortably while being able to push red maps, which would you prefer ; the only difference in gear is your bow ( quill rain vs +3 bow ). Your tree and gems will be different of course too, let me know which interests you.

LightyGaming.com

The release of patch 2.3 is coming soon (june 3rd) and the patch notes should be released a few days prior to launch. I will have all the passive tree's along with updated ascendancy trees to accommodate the 2 new points we get from completing the map tier labyrinth. Any new uniques that fit well for cyclone will be added to the unique section, aswell as any new jewels, flasks gems and enchantments. If you have any questions feel free to ask them and i'll get back to you here asap. I highly suggest you read the link below.

2.3 Cyclone Thoughts Written by our resident trusted forum moderator Archimtiros

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on May 28, 2016, 4:32:12 PM
"
D1Gz wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
D1Gz wrote:

Welcome back man,

I think first i want to make my zerker into a MF char because i dont need 2 of the same melee build. Also feel like i want to try a bow out on my champion main just to see what it would be like. I wouldnt want to do it if i lose a lot of tankyness or dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info