(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
0cu87 wrote:
When running a 5l Hezmana, what would be the best setup for cyclone as a champion?

I am currently running

I like Faster Attacks over Concentrated Effect, mainly because I'm far too lazy to swap between it and Inc AoE. If you don't mind going that route, I'd suggest Increased AoE instead for the majority of content, as damage shouldn't be an issue with your pseudo 7-link, and you can still swap in Conc Effect for bosses as needed.

It's really up to you, as each has it's own merit.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 21, 2016, 4:45:32 AM
Have you guys tried out the ancestral protector? I just run it with not links, and gain a 6k dps boost with it up. It also does like 8k dps on its own. Kinda as a replacement to golems. Shame you can't link it to cwdt ;(
Hey guys ! Playing juggernaut axe (perandus soft) atm and got a question.(might be a noobish 1 )

Wich is better body do use a Kaom's heart or rare
Because i actually don't need any sockets on my body right now . Also i have taken the 2x armour node for body,i can change it if i should choose Kaom's .
Last edited by noober2111 on Mar 21, 2016, 9:22:48 AM
"
Raggon wrote:
Have you guys tried out the ancestral protector? I just run it with not links, and gain a 6k dps boost with it up. It also does like 8k dps on its own. Kinda as a replacement to golems. Shame you can't link it to cwdt ;(

Good call! Think ima try it too.
"
noober2111 wrote:
Hey guys ! Playing juggernaut axe (perandus soft) atm and got a question.(might be a noobish 1 )

Wich is better body do use a Kaom's heart or rare
Because i actually don't need any sockets on my body right now . Also i have taken the 2x armour node for body,i can change it if i should choose Kaom's .

If your not going to need the res and utilize the sockets, kaoms is the better choice. Also the double armour node is still okay with kaoms as it grants roughly 650 armour which isn't bad.
LightyGaming.com
"
0cu87 wrote:
"
Raggon wrote:

Good call! Think ima try it too.

Yeah im planning to do some testing with it myself, could be useful.
LightyGaming.com
"
Raggon wrote:

I've tested it a lot, and it's quite useful early/mid game, to make up for lack of damage on bosses, but it has three major problems which make it less viable for late game play.

1) Activation range.
Not a huge deal, but it only activates when we are in range. Since we are normally Cyclonining the target as well, but it means moving off target for any reason renders it inactive.

2) It doesn't move.
So if we or the target need to move, it doesn't come too, and necessitates recasting.

2) It has health and a timer.
Meaning it will often be destroyed by enemy splash attacks or direct damage, or can simply expire on it's own, requiring it to be placed again.

Cyclone's biggest strength is mobility, we can move around with targets and we can move out of harms way easily. The Protector can't, and every time it has a problem, we have to stop spinning to re-cast it, leaving us open to damage and stuns. Just isn't worth the gains IMO, especially on higher tiers of content, where stopping moving can quickly = dead.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 21, 2016, 2:29:49 PM
Which ascendancy would you guys recommend for softcore? Berserker seems pretty standard for this but I see some went champion
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Raggon wrote:

I've tested it a lot, and it's quite useful early/mid game, to make up for lack of damage on bosses, but it has three major problems which make it less viable for late game play.

1) Activation range.
Not a huge deal, but it only activates when we are in range. Since we are normally Cyclonining the target as well, but it means moving off target for any reason renders it inactive.

2) It doesn't move.
So if we or the target need to move, it doesn't come too, and necessitates recasting.

2) It has health and a timer.
Meaning it will often be destroyed by enemy splash attacks or direct damage, or can simply expire on it's own, requiring it to be placed again.

Cyclone's biggest strength is mobility, we can move around with targets and we can move out of harms way easily. The Protector can't, and every time it has a problem, we have to stop spinning to re-cast it, leaving us open to damage and stuns. Just isn't worth the gains IMO, especially on higher tiers of content, where stopping moving can quickly = dead.

Agreed but im going to test it for atziri and similar fights like vinkars where cyclone struggles some.
LightyGaming.com
"
travisiscool wrote:
Which ascendancy would you guys recommend for softcore? Berserker seems pretty standard for this but I see some went champion

Either/or. Berserker is more damage, Champion is more well-rounded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info