[2.3] (YES WE ARE BACK) SUPPORT BUILDS (LL BM AURABOT, CURSEBOT, TANK!)

"
Damjan88 wrote:
I've been running a similar setup for almost 2 years now (made even better with with 2.0) but i have gone for an ultra defensive path :D

My gear and passives

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4BbwHnDXwOPBFQFHUVIBcvGGoY2xmKGmwajxslG_oc3B0UHU8dqiFgJLAlvCXfJwso-imlKk0spizpLR8vbzQKNbk26DdmN4M5UjpSQKBGcUlRSbFLrlFMVdZXyVgHW69ca1yKXhNfsGFSZOdtGW-ecLt08X1bf8aApIMJg7aESITFhmCGs4bRi3qPGo9Gj_qTJ5Ugm6GbtZ2un8uhL6KjpBmm66cIpyunMKxHtAy2LLiTvorBxcHzwzrDbcpKytPXz9kT2VvbT90N34rfv-DD4Yji9-kC6rrr7uwY707viPDV9tr3wffX-Tf60vsJ_kk=?accountName=Damjan88&characterName=MFAura

With this I have about 9k es with 1,1k es regen and 26k armor , will be slightly more once i get one lvl 4 enlighten (it will allow me too use empower lvl 4 in alpha and move vitality over to the shield). I can tank everything for my party short of uber atziri map, i also open all of the lag boxes regardless of mods both on map and it. In addition i use 5 vaal disciplines linked to inc duration which grant 30 seconds of immortality to everyone in my party regardless of the danger. Best support character i have seen so far :D

Damn, that's awesome! Running all of the Vaal Disciplines is a crazy idea, but I'm sure it pays off! I recently respecced a character for LL RF, but honestly it could be used as a support character with relative ease. Possibly less of an aurabot and more of a tank, which is what it seems like your build is! Anyway, awesome build, great to see that other people play support builds too, and since a few people have been trying out the IR/US technique, I may test that out too.
IGN: CVRTIS

Low-Life? I prefer No-Life.
I'm currently experimenting with a 12 Auras Conduit. Doedre's Elixirs came to mind, so did a Wand with frenzy - gmp and a Romira's with end cry or Voll's Devotion instead. A very wacky build but a powerful support char if made correctly.
"
snquadrigis wrote:
I'm currently experimenting with a 12 Auras Conduit. Doedre's Elixirs came to mind, so did a Wand with frenzy - gmp and a Romira's with end cry or Voll's Devotion instead. A very wacky build but a powerful support char if made correctly.

Won't Doedre's flask kill you on LL?
"
Damjan88 wrote:
"
snquadrigis wrote:

Actually scratch that, I was drunk while writing that. As for Doedre's elixirs, they are a quick poke in our ES pool if combined with Vaal Discipline (and they don't hurt our life pool since chaos dmg cannot bypass ES if using Shavs/Solaris), i'm currently testing having 3 of those and 3 elixirs for spam and so far it seems i both uptimes are fairly high. At first i thought i'd be wasting 3 utility/defensive flasks, but seeing how I move around a lot, dodge stuff and hang back actually, i'm rarely in danger so providing all 3 charge types on top of 12 auras is quite dope.

I was thinking i'd sacrifice some life/ES in order to run some RT Romira's based Cold Snap with Voll's Devotion for auto charge generation but i'd miss on Frenzy charges. If i went with wand and 3L (Frenzy - GMP - Chain) i'd lose the ability to spend those power charges from Romira (Cold snap is top tier for that, other than Discharge, which I wouldn't use, since it would force me closer to the action, essentially putting me at risk).
Last edited by snquadrigis on Jul 27, 2015, 1:08:20 PM
"
snquadrigis wrote:
"
Damjan88 wrote:
"
snquadrigis wrote:

Actually scratch that, I was drunk while writing that. As for Doedre's elixirs, they are a quick poke in our ES pool if combined with Vaal Discipline (and they don't hurt our life pool since chaos dmg cannot bypass ES if using Shavs/Solaris), i'm currently testing having 3 of those and 3 elixirs for spam and so far it seems i both uptimes are fairly high. At first i thought i'd be wasting 3 utility/defensive flasks, but seeing how I move around a lot, dodge stuff and hang back actually, i'm rarely in danger so providing all 3 charge types on top of 12 auras is quite dope.

I was thinking i'd sacrifice some life/ES in order to run some RT Romira's based Cold Snap with Voll's Devotion for auto charge generation but i'd miss on Frenzy charges. If i went with wand and 3L (Frenzy - GMP - Chain) i'd lose the ability to spend those power charges from Romira (Cold snap is top tier for that, other than Discharge, which I wouldn't use, since it would force me closer to the action, essentially putting me at risk).

Forgot abut Shav :D You could do cold snap/romira with culing strike (heartbreaker or gem) and blooddance boots for frenzy charges/ice bite support gem, but that would only work if you dont have an mf in party
Last edited by Damjan88 on Jul 27, 2015, 2:53:24 PM
Very interesting built you got there!

Any video?

thanks
IGN: SMALLDUCK
"
GOONK wrote:
Very interesting built you got there!

Any video?

thanks

No, I don't have a video as of yet. Last time I tried to record, the video was very laggy and I haven't gotten around to redoing it. I'll try to get one done ASAP!

"
snquadrigis wrote:

I was originally thinking of using Frenzy - GMP - CoH - Curses but the range that it covers isn't that good. I was also going to run one Doedre's Damning and then a Romira's to share power charges coupled with RT, and then use Enduring Cry for Endurance charges. But, I found that combining all of the aura nodes, ES nodes AND charge nodes was making me skimp on ES which isn't what I wanted.

Hey Cvrtis!

Thank you so much for this guide, and I love the layout. It's really nice and simple to read.

I was wondering if this is hc viable (I forgot if that is in there somewhere), and also was wondering if you could maybe make a progression for the skill tree.

I'm not super new to the game, but I am still getting used to the passive tree.

Do you think you could make steps for like lvl 30,50,70,etc. or if you don't have the time would you mind telling me what is important to shoot for first?

Thank you so much for the help,

Circa
@CircaGG

"
CVRTIS wrote:
"
NuLLxD wrote:
This looks like an amazing build but I have three pretty simple questions.

1. Is this build viable for Tempest league? (I see that the items you have linked are verified on Softcore.)

2. If the answer to the above is yes, when is a good time to pick up the CI node?

3. Is it really important to make it to the 50% reduced reserved mana node behind Blood Magic ASAP? (Or in other words, what would be the optimal path for leveling?)

Cheers-

GDub

Hi GDub - thanks for checking out the build! In regard to your first question - I myself wouldn't play this on hardcore, simply because of the amount of things that could kill you. For example, with no way of regenerating ES during combat (apart from Vaal Discipline) simply becoming unfocused can take down an ES pool of 4500 very quickly. However, I would like to test this build out in hardcore, as it is where it would be the most helpful (providing defence to those who need it). I would only recommend this build on hardcore to those who are playing with a group of friends, due to the fact that you would need to stay as far away from combat as possible, whilst still cursing and giving auras to your party members, which can require some/a lot of communication.

We are a Low-life Blood Magic Build - meaning we reserve all of our life and spend life for our skills. If we were to pick up the CI node, our life would be one, meaning that we couldn't run the build.

This is a tricky one. I levelled to around 45 in Standard before 2.0 hit, not picking up any spell damage or life nodes, and using Flameblast/Arc/Fire Trap to level. It was tedious to say the least - a lack of DPS and survivability meant that clearing zones was slow, and killing bosses was almost impossible. Since you are a support character, I would assume that you would be levelling with a party - if so, follow the regular build, possibly picking up the spell damage starting nodes at Witch, and dual totems, and levelling with Flame Totem, or any other skill of your choice. These nodes can be respecced later. If not, I would suggest you level as Flame Totem or another spell, and try to path in the direction of Charisma (Shadow aura cluster) whilst picking up spell damage nodes, and the spell damage starting nodes, which can be respecced towards endgame when you are making the switch between Mana and Life. All in all, it is a difficult build to level, and I would only recommend this as a first character if you are with a party, who can carry you and keep you out of harm's way (to a degree).

I hope I sufficiently answered your questions, but if I didn't, or you have any more, feel free to ask!

- Curtis

EDIT: I quickly put together two builds - one for levelling with flame totem (I basically just changed LiftingNerdBro's tree a bit, credit goes to him) and one to respec into. This respec happens at Level 70, a few levels after you get the last skill point from Act 4 Merciless. This respec shouldn't be too expensive - using all the respec points you get, it shouldn't take too many regrets to complete it.

The Flame Totem Levelling Tree

Aurabot Tree, after respec at Level 70

After respeccing, your next points should go into completing the Scion ES wheel, then picking up Melding and the jewel socket if you are Energy from Within.
Last edited by Feignantise on Jul 28, 2015, 9:17:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info