[2.3] (YES WE ARE BACK) SUPPORT BUILDS (LL BM AURABOT, CURSEBOT, TANK!)

When you put "mid-range build"??
"
blue2000 wrote:
When you put "mid-range build"??

Hey Blue! Sorry to keep you (and other people) waiting - I've been tied down with school this week so I'll update the build soon! It involves the Alpha's Howl and the Prism Guardian, just to let you know why it's called the "mid-range" build!
IGN: CVRTIS

Low-Life? I prefer No-Life.
Hi CVRTIS, love the guide. Looking forward to your mid tier version. I also played aurabot in 1.3 and was worried about the reduced mana change. I've made my own version in 2.0 that I'll share if you're interested. How is your survivability? I'm wondering what your Armor/Eva is since I used to die a lot even with super high resistances due to purities. I have Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance and it helps a lot since I got stunned in everything due to the low hp pool.
can this mf cull?
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
"
lDantonl wrote:
can this mf cull?

Sure can - either run a corrupted Redbeak/Ephemeral Edge with Culling Strike, or possibly a flame totem with IIR - Culling - Faster Casting - FT. Because we're lowlife, Wondertraps can also work a charm. Another point to consider is that since we run all the purities, the downside of Andvarius can essentially be forgotten aboout. Have fun!

"
MewsicalPulse wrote:
Hi CVRTIS, love the guide. Looking forward to your mid tier version. I also played aurabot in 1.3 and was worried about the reduced mana change. I've made my own version in 2.0 that I'll share if you're interested. How is your survivability? I'm wondering what your Armor/Eva is since I used to die a lot even with super high resistances due to purities. I have Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance and it helps a lot since I got stunned in everything due to the low hp pool.

Hey Mews, thanks for checking out the build! I just released the mid tier version, so be sure to check that out if you have time! I'd love to see your version of the aurabot - this is my first build guide ever, so I'm sure there are a bunch of mistakes I've made that can be corrected quite easily. My armour and evasion are on the low side as I don't make the travel to Iron Reflexes, however with a Level 22 Grace, a Level 20 Determination and IR, the build could gain a whole lot of survivability. Because I tend to stand back and cast my BL across the screen, cursing everything, I only ever die in high lag parties and situations that I shouldn't put myself in. When we are opening a strongbox, I usually just make sure that I pop Vaal Discipline, so even I do lag, there's a very low chance that I'll be killed with my ES regenerating.

Just updated the guide with the mid-tier version! Check it out guys!

"
CVRTIS wrote:

Hey Mews, thanks for checking out the build! I just released the mid tier version, so be sure to check that out if you have time! I'd love to see your version of the aurabot - this is my first build guide ever, so I'm sure there are a bunch of mistakes I've made that can be corrected quite easily. My armour and evasion are on the low side as I don't make the travel to Iron Reflexes, however with a Level 22 Grace, a Level 20 Determination and IR, the build could gain a whole lot of survivability. Because I tend to stand back and cast my BL across the screen, cursing everything, I only ever die in high lag parties and situations that I shouldn't put myself in. When we are opening a strongbox, I usually just make sure that I pop Vaal Discipline, so even I do lag, there's a very low chance that I'll be killed with my ES regenerating.

Here's my skill tree atm :
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrIvRsC5Mnf8aio8HzXIrBxewYcLvZEy9vvorK07QM6roNfFfJKPpGcYMJb57KSl-wm7XDOhmK-wn22hqPIuro1ud02xoQe746UUysR31bKk3hiB2q_kkA7izpFSDdDVuvFHUY23TxIWBAoF4T705hUoZgOlIOPN-_20_gwyW8htEnC4O2NugB56cwn8u4kxzc6-6nCI9Gm6H314RIXGvDbR0U-tIXLySwgKRV1mTnZp63MYx2cg9Z8xo4kFXviPk3189JsaEvjxqExQ==

My build is definitely more high end since I went all out. Here's my gear:

Pretty upset at the Prism Guardian change lol...need a new one with +1 corruption :(

I cull instead of curse with Ball Lightning linked to IIQ and IIR gems. Heartbreaker is great since it has culling and also energy shield. I don't really have enough health to curse anyway unless I ran a lower level clarity. I generally don't like clarity (and didn't run it in 1.3) since if a party member needs it, they would be running it already. There's no way to fit determination or arctic armor in my build so I have clarity for now. I may replace it with either Chaos Golem or Enduring Cry.

I stole your Bated Breath belt idea and I'm liking it so far. Also took your Energy from Within jewel idea :) The other 2 jewels im running are Brittle Barrier and Atziri's Reign. (I need some more levels for the last jewel slot) With increased duration I can keep Vaal Haste always running and it's pretty awesome.

Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance definitely help imo especially in higher level maps. Even when you stay back, if random things or leapers hit you, you will get stun locked and die without being able to use Vaal Discipline because of our very low max hp. With granite and jade flasks running, I have ~85% physical mitigation which is very nice. (Would be 90+ with Endurance charges)

Let me know what you think! Looking forward to your high end build as well :)
Last edited by MewsicalPulse on Jul 26, 2015, 4:49:41 AM
"
Here's my skill tree atm :
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrIvRsC5Mnf8aio8HzXIrBxewYcLvZEy9vvorK07QM6roNfFfJKPpGcYMJb57KSl-wm7XDOhmK-wn22hqPIuro1ud02xoQe746UUysR31bKk3hiB2q_kkA7izpFSDdDVuvFHUY23TxIWBAoF4T705hUoZgOlIOPN-_20_gwyW8htEnC4O2NugB56cwn8u4kxzc6-6nCI9Gm6H314RIXGvDbR0U-tIXLySwgKRV1mTnZp63MYx2cg9Z8xo4kFXviPk3189JsaEvjxqExQ==

My build is definitely more high end since I went all out. Here's my gear:

Pretty upset at the Prism Guardian change lol...need a new one with +1 corruption :(

I cull instead of curse with Ball Lightning linked to IIQ and IIR gems. Heartbreaker is great since it has culling and also energy shield. I don't really have enough health to curse anyway unless I ran a lower level clarity. I generally don't like clarity (and didn't run it in 1.3) since if a party member needs it, they would be running it already. There's no way to fit determination or arctic armor in my build so I have clarity for now. I may replace it with either Chaos Golem or Enduring Cry.

I stole your Bated Breath belt idea and I'm liking it so far. Also took your Energy from Within jewel idea :) The other 2 jewels im running are Brittle Barrier and Atziri's Reign. (I need some more levels for the last jewel slot) With increased duration I can keep Vaal Haste always running and it's pretty awesome.

Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance definitely help imo especially in higher level maps. Even when you stay back, if random things or leapers hit you, you will get stun locked and die without being able to use Vaal Discipline because of our very low max hp. With granite and jade flasks running, I have ~85% physical mitigation which is very nice. (Would be 90+ with Endurance charges)

Let me know what you think! Looking forward to your high end build as well :)

"More High End"

LMAO - Shavs and Shavs Ring? Nice. It's good to hear that you've gotten some tips from my build - I must be doing something right! Have fun with getting that +1 corruption on the new Prism Guardian :P

Going IR/US is a bit of a point sink though - particularly for a budget build, that doesn't have Shavs, the 9 ES nodes you don't pick up are so important. It's a great alternative I think though, since the higher ES pool from Shavs and the increased mitigation would do the same job, if not better, as a higher ES pool from the tree. My high end build will mostly just be theorycrafting, with calculations for perfect gems and gear, rather than actual linking of items, but it should still be cool!

Last edited by CVRTIS on Jul 26, 2015, 7:00:25 PM
I've been running a similar setup for almost 2 years now (made even better with with 2.0) but i have gone for an ultra defensive path :D

My gear and passives

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4BbwHnDXwOPBFQFHUVIBcvGGoY2xmKGmwajxslG_oc3B0UHU8dqiFgJLAlvCXfJwso-imlKk0spizpLR8vbzQKNbk26DdmN4M5UjpSQKBGcUlRSbFLrlFMVdZXyVgHW69ca1yKXhNfsGFSZOdtGW-ecLt08X1bf8aApIMJg7aESITFhmCGs4bRi3qPGo9Gj_qTJ5Ugm6GbtZ2un8uhL6KjpBmm66cIpyunMKxHtAy2LLiTvorBxcHzwzrDbcpKytPXz9kT2VvbT90N34rfv-DD4Yji9-kC6rrr7uwY707viPDV9tr3wffX-Tf60vsJ_kk=?accountName=Damjan88&characterName=MFAura

With this I have about 9k es with 1,1k es regen and 26k armor , will be slightly more once i get one lvl 4 enlighten (it will allow me too use empower lvl 4 in alpha and move vitality over to the shield). I can tank everything for my party short of uber atziri map, i also open all of the lag boxes regardless of mods both on map and it. In addition i use 5 vaal disciplines linked to inc duration which grant 30 seconds of immortality to everyone in my party regardless of the danger. Best support character i have seen so far :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info