New Unique Items - Kingsguard and Call of the Brotherhood!

Increases to damage work before conversion... so even if the output isnt lightning damage, he still benefits from the skillpoints :)
"
raggapaul wrote:
Increases to damage work before conversion... so even if the output isnt lightning damage, he still benefits from the skillpoints :)

"Damage conversion is done before any increases, or multipliers are applied to damage guaranteeing that they are only applied once."
"
ampdecay wrote:
so i can kinda pretend my ball lighting is frozen orb :x

Use it with cold to fire and you can even proliferate! ;D
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
this unique body armour adds nice bonus to vigilant strike + end charge on melee stun combo
"
Taudlitz wrote:
"
Zazulio wrote:
These both look super cool, but I can't help but think that this ring is wildly overpowered. With two of them on, you get 100% of lightning damage converted to cold damage. Add a cold-to-fire gem and Avatar of Fire, and you get 100% of cold damage converted to fire damage. Which means, in effect, lightning spells will scale with every kind of elemental damage node. Cold, lightning, fire, elemental, and spell damage.

I took a quick look at the skill tree, and this is by no means the maximum potential or most efficient point allotment, manage to get 581% increased damage with 65 points spent, leaving plenty left for health and energy shield. That's nuts, yo. You could easily sacrifice a little bit of that damage for some extra health, and still be dealing bugnuts insane amounts of damage without much actual investment.

I dont think thats particulary good idea :-)

* with two of these rings you deal no lightning damage = you cannot shock and increased lightning damage from ring is wasted
* if you add AoF and cold to fire you then deal only fire damage and cannot freeze = making this ring totaly useless in build. Also you wasted gem slot and you can scale your damage only by increased fire damage or spell damage, not lightning or cold as you are not dealing any of those

And now please go and read the conversion mechanics again. ;)

If you convert damage, all damage modifiers to the original damage type still apply to the converted type. So with an Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire build, all your cold skills are affected by increases to cold damage and to fire damage.

E: And that ring... I don't know. With the change to how long status ailments last, it doesn't really seem to be that good. (I can only speak from the melee phys + Hatred point of view here, maybe with pure lightning damage the freezes would be long enough...)
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Jun 26, 2015, 4:37:11 AM
"
Inarion1986 wrote:

E: And that ring... I don't know. With the change to how long status ailments last, it doesn't really seem to be that good. (I can only speak from the melee phys + Hatred point of view here, maybe with pure lightning damage the freezes would be long enough...)

It may not be good with most lightning skills unless you have an insane cast or attack speed. But maybe Ball lightning or lightning tendrils may be awsome because the chill or freeze may keep enemies in the damage area.
And also lightning spells got really high max damage rolls so when those high ones hit (maybe also on shocked enemies with elem prolif) the status effects last quit long. But that also need many cast speed notes, and frostbite and incernerate gems.
This with Berek's Grip. Game over son.
IGN: BBQ_Ribs
"
Vorakiv wrote:
Some things to think about before you call the ring incredibly overpowered:

1. 100 % chance to shock does not mean all damage types can shock, just like how a critical ice spear has 100% chance to shock, freeze, and ignite, but can only freeze unless you've added the relevant elemental damage type to the spell AND exceed the threshold for the status ailment.

2. The only two clusters that "double dip" are Snow Forged and Storm Weaver, none of them triple or quadruple dip. This is because the two aforementioned passives list their increased relevant damage on separate lines.

3. Lastly, and I was just reminded of this on reddit, using two of the rings in conjunction with avatar of fire causes only 66.7% of lightning to cold and 33.3% of lightning to fire, because that's how conversion works.

I think this ring will see most of it's use singly, that is while only wearing one of it, since that will still get full lightning to fire conversion with Avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire. Personally, I think this ring is in line with Pyre as far as balance is concerned. Also like Pyre, I think it's a really cool ring and will see a lot of use, but not because it's overpowered.

Thank you. Finally someone who can take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The one thing I didn't know out of this is that damage types have to exceed a certain threshold to shock even if you do crit, which means that it IS possible to freeze but not shock with the same hit (TIL).

I like the ring, but I can't get massively hyped about it. Yes it's on a level with Pyre I would say simply because the conversion stat will provide for more build diversity which in my eyes is always a good thing. But I would ask the people who want to wear two of them "do you really want to make do with 32% cold and lightning resistance from two rings (16% max per each)? Are you going to put up with two slots of sub-optimally statted items?

On its own I have no problem with the ring as a means to make a unique build but in combination with some of the other uniques that are being thrown about here I wonder how many item slots you're left with for resistances, life and damage mitigation.

Last edited by eluec5 on Jun 26, 2015, 4:50:28 AM
nice ring, i would try it on mine duelist, Dual Doryani's Catalyst hatred + cyclone + CoC :D Booom!
I want that ring so bad @3@

The armor is also nice but I don't even bother with endurance charges anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info