Is it finally over??

"
The Diablo franchise died for me when Deckard Cain died.

Beyond that, i have nothing more to add to the discussion.

spoiler alert i mean what the fuck
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
d3 has better mechanics and gameplay, it spent a half a billion dollars developing those aspects. A crusader hdin would come into PoE and kill the shit outta all poe chars no problem 5-0. PoE chars are hipsters at coffee joins with their oh shit dawg check it out i stacked dis one stat so i can use dis passive to multiply my skill to stack my passive to multiply my stat dawg u kno lemme get dat coffe black no cream im a baller that way please and u know dat.

Still d3 hdin even tho it sucks would kill all of poe np and be like yo i only gained 1 paragon lvl.

I like poe more than d3 just sayin tho sayn knowmsayne.

*Post Edited by Support
IGN: Tuqo
Off topic: https://umbragame.com/home/ :/

On topic: Two friends of mine always talk about what is "better" PoE or D3 and both of them still play both games. :/
Trick question: can be D3 compared to D2?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Of course it can, it's the sequel.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Of course it can, it's the sequel.

Then why cannot D3 and PoE be compared, then? I mean, essentially PoE has taken a lot of D2 things. I just find weird that someone would insist that they are not comparable (I agree they can coexist because they serve different people, but...it's just weird)
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 27, 2015, 11:08:11 PM
I think you can def compare the two. They each have distinct styles but they're both arpgs

E: I don't even get behind the "for different people" argument either. I like and play both, for the same reasons, not because one offers something vastly different than the other.
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 27, 2015, 11:48:22 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
I think you can def compare the two. They each have distinct styles but they're both arpgs

E: I don't even get behind the "for different people" argument either. I like and play both, for the same reasons, not because one offers something vastly different than the other.

It depends. Theorycrafting, story and aesthetics of the two will always be divisive. For me, the later two are the deal breakers, even if I find D3 fun. I just don't like it as a Diablo game. It happens. Maybe you don't care about those three (or disagree about my views), and that's fine.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

It depends. Theorycrafting, story and aesthetics of the two will always be divisive. For me, the later two are the deal breakers, even if I find D3 fun. I just don't like it as a Diablo game. It happens. Maybe you don't care about those three (or disagree about my views), and that's fine.

You're right in that I give 0 fucks about the story, in D3 or PoE, sorry :p Aesthetics go to PoE imo but the theorycrafting bit lost traction awhile ago. With true unique game changing mods on legendary items and sets, unique gems and paragon levels, there's plenty of options to synergize passives and skills to create builds with now.

There's no support gems, the runes play that role and the passives are basically the same idea as the skilldrasil, minus the attribute pathing.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. I just smirk when I see ppl online describing D3 pre 2.0/RoS mechanics. They clearly haven't played it in a long time and look silly to me.
"
TheWretch wrote:
You're right in that I give 0 fucks about the story, in D3 or PoE, sorry :p Aesthetics go to PoE imo but the theorycrafting bit lost traction awhile ago. With true unique game changing mods on legendary items and sets, unique gems and paragon levels, there's plenty of options to synergize passives and skills to create builds with now.

There's no support gems, the runes play that role and the passives are basically the same idea as the skilldrasil, minus the attribute pathing.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. I just smirk when I see ppl online describing D3 pre 2.0/RoS mechanics. They clearly haven't played it in a long time and look silly to me.

Well, no offense, but you seem pretty silly talking about "true unique game changing mods" in a game where literally every damage skill is based on a %weapon damage component like some bastardized WoW melee character. Loot 2.0/RoS hasn't changed this fact and despite all the pretty effects and animations every class boils down to a weapon swing even when it makes no thematic sense like with spells and summons.

The D3 class forums aren't exactly full of builds and theorycrafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info