[2.2 Theory] "Crusader" Slayer/Gladiator Crit 2H Sword by fiqst

"
CadEx wrote:

Is this tree optimized?

yes, i'd say it is, i haven't had anyone pick out better pathing
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
"
CadEx wrote:

Is this tree optimized?

yes, i'd say it is, i haven't had anyone pick out better pathing

Is that a challenge? :DDDDD
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:

Is that a challenge? :DDDDD

haha no you're exempted because i know you can :)
Hey man! Cool build! I crafted a decent 2H Exquisite blade and i was searching for a 2H crit build and i found this. Could i prolly use another skill with this tree/build in general?? Because i don't really like ice crash as a skill
"
PaterAntonios wrote:
Hey man! Cool build! I crafted a decent 2H Exquisite blade and i was searching for a 2H crit build and i found this. Could i prolly use another skill with this tree/build in general?? Because i don't really like ice crash as a skill

Yeah absolutely. It's a phys damage tree takes the important crit nodes while still allowing 5k life.

One interesting point is that only 3 specific sword nodes are taken, so the tree can be easily adapted to any 2h crit weapon by making a small reroute and save 4 points.
I would be using a sword. I just don't really like Ice crash animation and as a skill in general so i thought of trying something else like cleave but i'm still trying to figure it out..Bad thing is i don't have any 6L or any currency to obtain a 6L so i would most likely run a 5L setup at best so i must figure which skill would be most efficient in a 5L setup...But yeah, if Icecrash is the most efficient i would go with it, i'll just have to like the skill along the way or something...It's just that i think the sword that i crafted deserves a chance to prove it's worth.
I don't understand the difference between the Duelist start "14% increased Physical Damage with Attacks" and the Marauder "16% increased Melee Physical Damage". It looks like the Duelist's first 5 nodes are 2 life and 2% melee physical damage worse than the Marauder's first 5 nodes.

Why not start marauder?
Frankly, it doesn't make much of a difference at all. But if you're going to start marauder I recommend going through the life nodes.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
It's like comparing a 200 dps weapon with a 199.99 dps weapon, or alting 16% phys on a jewel instead of 14%.

Actually, marauder, duelist and shadow starts are almost the same for this build. A 2h crit sword shadow would be quite a sight.

I'm currently thinking about remaking this build into a sweep build after seeing many effective sweep builds around.
I've been playing this build and am really enjoying it. I'm using a slightly adapted tree for axes (don't laugh yet), dropping the Fatal Blade cluster to pick up Slaughter. Currently at level 91 with pretty similar offensive/defensive stats to those shown in the first post (5.2k life, 97k dps without charges/blood rage, 161k dps with charges/blood rage). The build overall is performing extremely well, running 100+ iiq 78 maps easily and has also proved Atziri viable.

One thing I've found in practice is that the build really benefits from attack speed not just from an offensive/QoL perspective, but also from a defensive perspective. Once Ice Crash gets going pretty much everything around is stunned or frozen so there aren't many hits incoming. Things only get potentially dangerous if enemies can recover and get some hits in between Ice Crash hits, or get some hits in in the transition between leap-slamming into a pack and firing off an ice crash. Attack speed helps tremendously in eliminating these dangers. For this reason I'd recommend anyone trying this build to get at least a 1.4 aps weapon. In my own case the Slaughter node really helps as well, since it results in Onslaught being active almost all the time if I move between packs quickly (this also really helps with clear speed).

Finally, something really nice about this build is that it absolutely wrecks bosses, and without any kind of gear switch being needed. Even in 78 maps it's not uncommon for bosses to be perma-frozen, and combined with Vaal Grace most boss fights are over in under 5 seconds with very little danger (this is one of the few builds were I feel comfortable running the Precinct boss with vulnerability + damage mods).

Overall very fun and effective build, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who happens to have a good weapon for it sitting around.

Gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info