[2.2 Theory] "Crusader" Slayer/Gladiator Crit 2H Sword by fiqst

Spoiler
"
Errantchild wrote:
"
xdzinrsd wrote:

First things first.

His "build" is critical based and abyssus is a almost a must have..., if you're running RT then you're not even on that build just to start, you're just a hyped user of Ice Crash.

Go reread the "Easy Leveling" spoiler at the bottom of the OP. The build begins with RT and converts to crit / abyssus later when you have the gear and defenses to use it.

"

If you used the talents he say you should pick, you would know that the build dont have that great survivability.

I didn't find that to be the case. Having actually played the build I found it to be one of the smoothest and sturdiest characters I've played to date. Obviously its not as tanky as a 12k HP RF character or a max block characters, but its definitely not flimsy either. And you don't see them pulling 87k DPS (highest I've seen for myself with charges and procs but no vaal haste or atziri's).

"

What duelist character has to do with it? Our skill tree is shared between all classes and you can do very similar builds with different characters.

And no, I didn't tested this build on my account.
I really think you should try to make more end-game maps before talking shit in the forum, 75 maps are just the beginning of real game.

This is my bad, I thought you were speaking from a position of experience. It was silly of me to think you'd actually try out the build before trashing it and also incredibly rude of me to try and help you.

I also like how you tell me that I'm a new and inexperienced player for basing my experience on level ~75 maps, while at the same time saying this build is bad for new players. What do I know, I only played the build. Its been the smoothest and honestly most enjoyable 1-80 experience I've had in about a dozen 70+ characters since I've been playing. As for shit talking, disagreeing with your opinion is shit talking? I've tried to help people with questions or problems with the build. I thought you were one of those people. Turns out you like telling people not to play a build when you haven't even tried it.

No, disagree with me is ok, disagree without testing is shit talking.
So I'm following this guide because seems like a interesting thing to try out as i never built a crit character. I'm struggling alot though @ 68 however. My gear is roughly similar to your with the exception of your gloves, i have vaal pact, and I'm a getting rekted in maps. any helpful tips?
"
ezymode wrote:
So I'm following this guide because seems like a interesting thing to try out as i never built a crit character. I'm struggling alot though @ 68 however. My gear is roughly similar to your with the exception of your gloves, i have vaal pact, and I'm a getting rekted in maps. any helpful tips?

First, drop Vaal Pact. You really need your regen to counteract Bloodrage's degen when wearing abyssus.

Use a lower level Cast when Damage Taken and immortal call, the OP recommends level 5 Immortal call on a level 3 CWDT and I've found that to be solid. Using a level 15 CWDT you need to lose almost half your HP before it triggers.

You missed the jewel socket on the way up to the scion life wheel, a good jewel can provide quite a bit of damage. You're spec'd out of Resolute Technique but don't have any of the crit nodes just yet, I think its way too soon to be switching to crit and abyssus for you. Wait another 10-15 levels before dropping resolute technique and putting on abyssus.

For links you should be running Ice Crash, Melee Physical Damage, Weapon elemental Damage, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Strikes, Hypothermia, in that order. Get rid of your Increased Critical Strikes and Hypothermia for now and just run the first 4 (but try to keep them socketed somewhere so you have them leveled for later). I notice you don't have anything in your weapon swap slots (x), you put 2 3 socket weapons in there and level 6 more gems.

Fortify is also really important, since you don't have a 5 link flicker strike setup yet you might swap Concentrated Effect for Fortify if you're still having issues.

The Elemental Prolif setup the OP has in his boots does not appear to actually proliferate hatred's freeze in my testing. You can unlink those and save yourself a bit of mana reserved. If you've experienced otherwise though please let me know.

Your sword appears to be roughly 362 DPS. You can get a 420+ dps Doomsower on warbands right now for under 10 chaos, which has the added advantage of 15% increased Ice Crash AoE and 10% physical added as fire. You can slot Herald of Ash in Doomsower and its 15% Physical Added as Fire becomes 25%. Yay for double dipping!

Maligaros just had a divination card added in the last patch, you could farm that if you feel so inclined. If nothing else the price should drop significantly pretty soon, unless its drop rate is similar to the taste of hate card's. (Which is to say, miserable)

I'd be very surprised if you aren't running into severe mana problems on single targets with only 0.26% Mana leech... if you aren't, you will once you reach 5 links. I'd recommend a blood magic gem when you get up to a 5 link at least until you can get a 0.70+ mana leech neck or some combination of jewelry.
In fact, you're running a mana flask... if you swap in a blood magic gem you can drop the mana flask for another healing one.

In fact, I would recommend a reinventory of your flasks. I strongly recommend the setup I have listed at the bottom of page 8, but at the very least a Granite Flask of Iron Skin, an "Of Heat" to remove frozen, and an "Of Warding" to remove curses are all necessities for a higher level character. Getting you flasks up to 20% will also help (better to give quality to white flasks and then roll them than to try and quality up your current ones).

Hope this helps!
Hi guys,

I apologise for not updating this thread recently. My hope was to continue the project once i get my hands on a good exquisite blade, but these have proven to be to rare/popular.

So i will have to continue the build without the use of my wanted test subject.

Planned updates:

- go full dodge with acro+phase. This has proven superior to IR in my other projects so this will be the new primary defense.

- focus more on attack speed rather than higher numbers, maybe a change to rat's nest.

- dropping acuity and focusing on leeching methods and defensive play.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
Errantchild wrote:
"
ezymode wrote:

First, drop Vaal Pact. You really need your regen to counteract Bloodrage's degen when wearing abyssus.

Use a lower level Cast when Damage Taken and immortal call, the OP recommends level 5 Immortal call on a level 3 CWDT and I've found that to be solid. Using a level 15 CWDT you need to lose almost half your HP before it triggers.

You missed the jewel socket on the way up to the scion life wheel, a good jewel can provide quite a bit of damage. You're spec'd out of Resolute Technique but don't have any of the crit nodes just yet, I think its way too soon to be switching to crit and abyssus for you. Wait another 10-15 levels before dropping resolute technique and putting on abyssus.

For links you should be running Ice Crash, Melee Physical Damage, Weapon elemental Damage, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Strikes, Hypothermia, in that order. Get rid of your Increased Critical Strikes and Hypothermia for now and just run the first 4 (but try to keep them socketed somewhere so you have them leveled for later). I notice you don't have anything in your weapon swap slots (x), you put 2 3 socket weapons in there and level 6 more gems.

Fortify is also really important, since you don't have a 5 link flicker strike setup yet you might swap Concentrated Effect for Fortify if you're still having issues.

The Elemental Prolif setup the OP has in his boots does not appear to actually proliferate hatred's freeze in my testing. You can unlink those and save yourself a bit of mana reserved. If you've experienced otherwise though please let me know.

Your sword appears to be roughly 362 DPS. You can get a 420+ dps Doomsower on warbands right now for under 10 chaos, which has the added advantage of 15% increased Ice Crash AoE and 10% physical added as fire. You can slot Herald of Ash in Doomsower and its 15% Physical Added as Fire becomes 25%. Yay for double dipping!

Maligaros just had a divination card added in the last patch, you could farm that if you feel so inclined. If nothing else the price should drop significantly pretty soon, unless its drop rate is similar to the taste of hate card's. (Which is to say, miserable)

I'd be very surprised if you aren't running into severe mana problems on single targets with only 0.26% Mana leech... if you aren't, you will once you reach 5 links. I'd recommend a blood magic gem when you get up to a 5 link at least until you can get a 0.70+ mana leech neck or some combination of jewelry.
In fact, you're running a mana flask... if you swap in a blood magic gem you can drop the mana flask for another healing one.

In fact, I would recommend a reinventory of your flasks. I strongly recommend the setup I have listed at the bottom of page 8, but at the very least a Granite Flask of Iron Skin, an "Of Heat" to remove frozen, and an "Of Warding" to remove curses are all necessities for a higher level character. Getting you flasks up to 20% will also help (better to give quality to white flasks and then roll them than to try and quality up your current ones).

Hope this helps!

thanks for the tips, just focusing on what u stated it has gotten alot better now. I was speced into crit nodes but felt as though i needed the end tree nodes to be doing better. Just hit lvl 70 and will be focusing my last remaining points towards the crit nodes.
"
Errantchild wrote:
"
ezymode wrote:

Hope this helps!

Just wanted to say that I found these tips very helpful. Thanks for that! I Had trouble staying alive as well in higher level maps.
Updated the build and completed the write up of the OP.

- Dropped IR for Acro+Phase.

Dodge is an easier stat to manage and when using Vaal Grace + inc Duration, dodge is maxed for 10.44 seconds.

- Swapped out Acuity for Maligaro's for more real world results
- Dropped HoA for HoI
- Updated the tree
- Changed gems around

Added a video:

77 Plateau

Showcasing the leap slam cursing and ice crash performance. And a special surprise included...

Last edited by fiqst on Aug 6, 2015, 8:09:04 PM
Hello, really like the update. As I took a few days off from PoE I wanted to get back to this build, my question is would you level this up the same way you did before the update? Grabbing RT, then filling out the right side of the tree to grab acro/phase acro? Still somewhat new to PoE so have a few things to learn about builds yet :D
"
Glendoor wrote:
Hello, really like the update. As I took a few days off from PoE I wanted to get back to this build, my question is would you level this up the same way you did before the update? Grabbing RT, then filling out the right side of the tree to grab acro/phase acro? Still somewhat new to PoE so have a few things to learn about builds yet :D

yes everything is the same
"
fiqst wrote:

Is this tree optimized?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info