[2.2 Theory] "Crusader" Slayer/Gladiator Crit 2H Sword by fiqst

hi fiqst,
I'm new in this game and thank you for the guide.
I'm trying to decide between your crusader or your cyclonus build. They look similar.
Can you give me the the difference ? (pros and cons defense/dps... )

Thanks you again.

Hello. Thanks for great build. Never had that amount of dps on melee 2h char before. Now on talisman lvl80+ with 5l Hege. Oneshotted Voll in Dried lake with VGS. Died 4 times total.
I have 3 qustions:
1. What is the final tree, in topic post or on your current char?
2. I have 6s Daresso and 6s Coil - which is better to 6l?
3. Is Taste of hate a mandatory for this build?
Last edited by Bardack on Jan 26, 2016, 5:24:09 AM
"
thorns01 wrote:
hi fiqst,
I'm new in this game and thank you for the guide.
I'm trying to decide between your crusader or your cyclonus build. They look similar.
Can you give me the the difference ? (pros and cons defense/dps... )

Thanks you again.

They both have similar trees and both use acrobatics and phase acrobatics as the main form of defence.

The dual wield build has the powerful defence of the Bino's Kitchen Knife, where it's possible to achieve 5-10k life regen.

The 2h build relies purely on life leech and flasks. Which is fine but requires constant attention on your flask work.

The 2h build has the edge on clear speed due to the massive aoe from a 2h sword. Daggers have the smallest radius so you'd need to be more precise with your aim.

The dual wield build demolishes bosses due to the immense dps and capped critical chance of daggers and beats the 2h sword in those situations.

"
Bardack wrote:
Hello. Thanks for great build. Never had that amount of dps on melee 2h char before. Now on talisman lvl80+ with 5l Hege. Oneshotted Voll in Dried lake with VGS. Died 4 times total.
I have 2 qustions:
1. What is the final tree, in topic post or on your current char?
2. Is Taste of hate a mandatory for this build?

Hi great to see the tree used for something other than swords and proves the versatility of it.

I am actually trying to improve this build lately and I've been spending a lot of regrets. I wanted a more efficient tree with slightly less life but a boost to offence.

I am also considering a change to frost blades for ascendancy and my character profile reflects this.

Taste is not mandatory, but it provides the best combination of defence and offence in a single flask.

The combination of taste, lightning coil (a change from the op), fortify and capped dodge from vaal grace provides the best defence in tight position.

Offensively, taste is also great but you have some great cheap options as replacements such as atziri's promise and roar
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
see next post
Last edited by fiqst on Feb 6, 2016, 10:20:39 PM
I am planning 2 Ascendancy variations to this build in 2.2

I recently acquired a new weapon:

This will open some great new possibilities between two different subclasses:

Slayer Crusader

Here i go for the highest single target damage and use the Impact subclass passive to achieve the AoE component.

A full 6L DPS single target skill with free AoE on top.

Screens taken with 6L single target gems, full charges, Taste, Promise, Roar and Vaal Haste.

Gladiator Crusader

Using the bleeding mod i've crafted on the weapon to its full capacity, and taking these nodes in the Gladiator subclass:

The interesting mod is the 20% of max life as phys damage. This is infernal blow on steroids.

The main skill will be an AoE based skill:

Screens taken with 6L single target gems, full charges, Taste, Promise, Roar and Vaal Haste. Also, keep in mind that the values don't include the bloodlust multiplier.

Splosions

a side project of this build is the combination of infernal blow, Gratuitous Violence and Abyssal Cry.

IB: 10% of max Life as fire damage
GV: 20% of their max life as phys damage
AC: 8% of maximum Life as chaos damage

total: 38% of maximum life as damage.

Will you be doing a earthquake build in the future?
And do you recommend putting the endless hunger keystone if I'm doing a 2H crit infernal blow?
I might do an earthquaker in the future but for this build no, earthquake doesn't work with swords.

I'm looking forward to Endless Hunger and to see what kind of things it brings, so yes definitely.

EH gives a constant uptime to "effects while leeching". Here a some useful ones:

The Hematophagy passive gives 20% damage while leeching
The Retch belt has 200% of Life Leech applies to enemies as Chaos Damage

There may be a few others i haven't checked out.

Also, EH gives constant stun immunity.
Hey fiqst this build looks awesome man. Do you think it is a good build to start Perandus softcore with? Or should I come back to it when I have some currency and a decent high level char lol.

Do you think berserker could work with a build like this or is the duelist strictly better?

Your build is awesome!
Last edited by Anbokr on Mar 4, 2016, 1:20:23 AM
is there an updated version of the skill tree?

thanks! Awesome build!
can update tree? ;p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info