State of the Beta - Post #8

"
DarknessBall wrote:
Fix performance on toasters plz .

You can do that: By not playing on a toaster. GGG doesn't have a huge team behind them to put out a highly performance optimized game engine which costs millions to build. Compare this with the cost of a decent computer and you know upgrading your system is easier ;)
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
So, will Act 4 be available on permanent league when it goes live? I didn't have the beta key so about 1 week in SD with new contents should be a good preparation for upcoming new league.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
So, will Act 4 be available on permanent league when it goes live? I didn't have the beta key so about 1 week in SD with new contents should be a good preparation for upcoming new league.

Most probably it will be available on permanent leagues.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Could somebody with more brain power (and experience) explain the proposed leech changes in layman terms?

The leech section is stated in very, very, very, VERY confusing manner and I don't understand it at all.

Thank you!

P.S. The whole leech system NEEDS some clarity.
new change on LL... again

so how is work now ? New "increased Life/Mana Leeched per Second" ?

It's so complex... and need a lot of skillpoint (~11 points) for work good... against 1 sk for vaalpact, (a lot a good node around it, it's not a bad spent of skpoint to take it)

Regeneration is a joke... with 10% regen with 5K life, only 500 life per second... big joke against vaal pact instant leech... 7% of 50K dmg per second : 3.5K life/second !!! (or more if big %LL with claw)

so all player must take vaalpact ?

or i miss something ?
You can easily fix one of the issues you just caused, un-nerf Meginords.
FiftyShadesOfBlade
"
Lordemore wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

Most probably it will be available on permanent leagues.

Are you sure? That will be awesome, thanks.
"
Aziraphale wrote:
I do hope they can make these leech changes more intuitive. As it stands this all seems incredibly convoluted to me.

Nothing wrong with wild, blind guesses.
hopefully you don't have to drop too many features to meet the announced timeline with bug free gameplay. saying this, i would rather have the release moved 2 weeks and not have the client crashing once per playing session at minimum.

you surely have to announce a release date so players can plan ahead but as i understood it, free to play games have to attract potential future supporters by providing an excellent and bug free gaming experience.

eventually, burning out your developers by having "ruckus crunch times" before such events may be common in the industry but they doesn't help anyone long term. sure, some people are more productive while having stress but this all comes at a price.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
quarl wrote:
The highest tiers of maps (level 80 to 82) will still be challenging to reach and maintain.

So, gate people from challenging content and have them grind lower content to hope for RNG to allow them a glimpse at the challenging higher content and call it... challenging.
I don't want to have to point out the obvious here..

i looked hard and can't see the obvious.

the goal is to restrict players from endgame because the game has no mandatory item sink.

this can be done by either
- having a insane difficulty at higher levels
- by having moderate difficulty and limit access to these areas
- introduce an item sink like gear deterioration, monsters stealing your gear or ...

imho ggg balanced it pretty well at the moment as the qq about too much difficulty in higher levels and the inability to trade for endgame maps is pretty equal.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info