State of the Beta - Post #8

"
Marxone wrote:
In a lots of threads there was feedback from the upper placed players, that the game gets increadibly repetitive since there are only 1-2 types of the 77+ maps (live) . So the variety of the lower map levels is gone and you just have to run the one base over and over again.

It would be fun to play Tropical Island of 78+ base. I like monkeys.

+1

People would still get tired of running the maps that were available at a low level again I suppose but that's a lot better than getting tired of the high-end maps.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on Jun 23, 2015, 8:38:54 PM
"
maxlmantis wrote:
i load a 78 courtyard map and lay dead on the floor from loading map so long, u should fix your loadtimes and graphis requirements. its horrible
(i got a good computer)

Did you try to clean the map cache?
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Oh, wow.

"
Owwlll wrote:
amassing currency sounds like a challenge to me

In what way? Please tell, what exactly is challenging about amassing currency?

"
Owwlll wrote:
competing against 5 others who may ninja your loot?

Because permanent allocation totally isn't the staple.

"
Owwlll wrote:
increased difficulty for 6 player life?

DECREASED total enemy hit points per man. Just exactly how is that increased difficulty?

for real, we came here for an arpg wanting arpg style challenge, aka play your heart out for stupid amounts of hours and kill monsters that take a bit of killing. We didnt come here for 'stockmarket tycoon 2015', 'social network tycoon 2015' or 'path of find a way to avoid real arpg challenge 2015'.

Obviously Im a bit less militantly oldschool than my friend Anuhart here, I enjoy partying with my friends, I trade and enjoy certain aspects of that. But i also remember when Diablo 1 was first released, I remember descending through the dungeon, man vs mob, grind and progress, what good arpgs are about. I dont hate the partying, the trading, the things that have been bolted on to the experience over time but you shouldnt let them start to push aside the core of what arpgs are about. Let us log in, grind, progress, you put loads of barriers in the way of that you compromise the fundamental principals and motivation to play.

Theres so many times I would have played this game and didnt because I just didnt have the maps to progress my characters, the game is about progressing characters, thats what an arpg is, you should want us to play the game and feel we have a reason to play. You want to gate items, you want to sink currency, you want to stagger progression to ensure the difficulty is appropriate, you want to make getting the top gear absurdly difficult, great, I have no problems with those ideas I agree with them. But you built a game with massive, massive replayability, youve virtually written the book on it. I feel like you need to have more confidence in what youve done on that score. If people want to progress characters and feel they cant because youve gated them out of xp, if people want to craft gear and feel its never worth it because youve gated the necessary orbs too hard, if people want to invest mega amounts of time and feel its not worth it because youre shifting goalposts on top tier mods and will invalidate their time investments then it works against the replayability youve built in. People will just quit the game because its not worth trying to progress further than they have got while there was so much further they could have gone and so many reasons to reroll and try something new when they got to the end. This game feels as infinite as the player wants it to be, it doesnt need artificial roadblocks that push players out of the game before their time.

Glad to hear map mods are changing, if Ill be glad of the way they changed will have to wait and see I guess. Personally I think packs, magics and rares needs to go, temp chains needs to go, imo bloodmagic also needs to go, if you took of chaos damage per second because certain builds couldnt take it, but you leave in bloodmagic...? Its a silly mod, for most builds its just a chaos reroll sink and stops people playing maps unid, both negatives, brings nothing positive. -25 max? I feel like -max needs to scale its quant based on the roll and needs to scale from like -10% to -25%, and -25% for the danger that brings should be like 60% quant on its own for how outrageously dangerous that is compared to pretty much any other mod in the game and how ferociously it scales the danger of many other damage mods. why does 100% extra as elemental only apply to physical? Because it would be silly applying it to elemental as thats literally 100% extra damage taken. Applied to physical only as it is it works out more like the 30% mob damage, 30% boss damage, 30% speed type mods. -25% max resists is 100% extra damage taken for builds with no +max resist and even more for builds that do specialize in max res, its wayyyyy out there on its own and given the 1 shotty nature of the game I feel like while its 3x more powerful its significantly more than 3x more dangerous than any other damage mod. I play it all the time, Im not against its existence, I just feel like its so far detached from the danger of any other individual mod and its quant should be proportional to that. Fleet is 23% and exposure is 30%, if that was truly proportional to their danger I feel like fleet would be 23% and exposure would be 150%.
Can't wait til the new content, and then having this all go live! GG guys :)
~ Lassittor ~

Arms wide open, I stand alone. I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell. I'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Oh, wow.

"
Owwlll wrote:
amassing currency sounds like a challenge to me

In what way? Please tell, what exactly is challenging about amassing currency?

"
Owwlll wrote:
competing against 5 others who may ninja your loot?

Because permanent allocation totally isn't the staple.

"
Owwlll wrote:
increased difficulty for 6 player life?

DECREASED total enemy hit points per man. Just exactly how is that increased difficulty?

Glad to hear map mods are changing, if Ill be glad of the way they changed will have to wait and see I guess. Personally I think packs, magics and rares needs to go, temp chains needs to go, imo bloodmagic also needs to go, if you took of chaos damage per second because certain builds couldnt take it, but you leave in bloodmagic...? Its a silly mod, for most builds its just a chaos reroll sink and stops people playing maps unid, both negatives, brings nothing positive. -25 max? I feel like -max needs to scale its quant based on the roll and needs to scale from like -10% to -25%, and -25% for the danger that brings should be like 60% quant on its own for how outrageously dangerous that is compared to pretty much any other mod in the game and how ferociously it scales the danger of many other damage mods. why does 100% extra as elemental only apply to physical? Because it would be silly applying it to elemental as thats literally 100% extra damage taken. Applied to physical only as it is it works out more like the 30% mob damage, 30% boss damage, 30% speed type mods. -25% max resists is 100% extra damage taken for builds with no +max resist and even more for builds that do specialize in max res, its wayyyyy out there on its own and given the 1 shotty nature of the game I feel like while its 3x more powerful its significantly more than 3x more dangerous than any other damage mod. I play it all the time, Im not against its existence, I just feel like its so far detached from the danger of any other individual mod and its quant should be proportional to that. Fleet is 23% and exposure is 30%, if that was truly proportional to their danger I feel like fleet would be 23% and exposure would be 150%.

What the hell, mate. Play white maps then. Don't take away the above fun and challenge for us. -25% res is nothing. It's not very challenging. If something they could increase it to roll -25% to -50%. You always have the option to play white maps, don't complain about the rolls.

If you're having such big problems as you're describing you have a terrible build. You don't need to have a lot of currency to make a viable build that can do maps with -25% res.
He didn't say -25% res.

He said -25% MAX res.

There is a HUGE difference.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
illerrre wrote:
What the hell, mate. Play white maps then. Don't take away the above fun and challenge for us. -25% res is nothing. It's not very challenging. If something they could increase it to roll -25% to -50%. You always have the option to play white maps, don't complain about the rolls.

If you're having such big problems as you're describing you have a terrible build. You don't need to have a lot of currency to make a viable build that can do maps with -25% res.

Did you just not read what Snorkle wrote? Or was it that you ran it through babelfish 10 times?

I mean, take this sentence for example: "I play it all the time, Im not against its existence, I just feel like its so far detached from the danger of any other individual mod and its quant should be proportional to that. "
Casually casual.

Delete POE today byebyebye~!

Awaken ? no Nerf and Legacy !

"
The highest tiers of maps (level 80 to 82) will still be challenging to reach and maintain.

What a BS.

really? you are saying it's no challenge? i have heard from other people it's not as easy as you make it out to be. i think you are one of the few who can maintain 80-82.
I have stupid question, when are you planning to release expansion?
I cannot find date or anything around and I can't wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info