State of the Beta - Post #8

"
DarknessBall wrote:
Fix performance on toasters plz .

Yeah, wtf GGG, buy that dude a new PC he can't play your game that's unacceptable. How dare you ??? PoE ded gaem 2015 if you keep going on like that. /s
IGN : @Morgoth
Awesome!

Post 110000 btw. :P
Exile 4 life.

"No need to describe fishing in detail, just hint at it."
~Chris 2014
and although temporal chains is kinda low spoke it also got high iq
from http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map#Suffix

-x% max res : 30%
fracture : 30%
no life or mana reg : 30%
temporal chains : 27%
blood magic : 25%
vulnerability : 25%
elem weakness : 17%

fracture could be slowered in value. people are using it mostly on xp and making clearing slow but it's not deadly althought haven't tried with solo melee but for rangers it's easy

you can't get now with plain maps other maps good. rare it and got 100% iq with insane props and can drop three. take along party if strong enough and kinda sure shot. be repared to die and lose xp though. challenging

ps. waiting for deterministic cyclone cast on melee kill tornado xD
or reverse knockback iaoe sweep
for single target heavystrike might at least be usable

edit: or was that rolling pack size? got 0% iq
not strolling. memory flips and fractured might got no xp gain...
lightning totems with 50 change to flee and other flanking stuff.
dialla is in horror of lioneyes watch burning in the morning glory.
something in eye. proofing boofing ceiling a top
teleports to distant vacuum
is there cockroaches?
Last edited by wicursxenon on Jun 23, 2015, 7:06:04 AM
Oh thank goodness something will be done about the leech.

Mana leech so important O.O
#NeverGoing90
yeah :D

cleave / reave + mana leech + multistike +3x inc phys dmg mob hunter
or domination blow
is there cockroaches?
Last edited by wicursxenon on Jun 23, 2015, 7:10:18 AM
Maps hype !
Oh, wow.

"
Owwlll wrote:
amassing currency sounds like a challenge to me

In what way? Please tell, what exactly is challenging about amassing currency?

"
Owwlll wrote:
competing against 5 others who may ninja your loot?

Because permanent allocation totally isn't the staple.

"
Owwlll wrote:
increased difficulty for 6 player life?

DECREASED total enemy hit points per man. Just exactly how is that increased difficulty?

6 times targets for monsters to choose. Meaning 6 times less chance to be targeted. Monsters deal the same damage, players therefore take less damage. Benefiting from the auras from every player, without even a dedicated aura bot, just passively having increased maximum resistances and increased damage, effectively making the enemy hitpoints per man even less than the already less flat amount compared to solo and making player effective life more on top of taking less damage. Just exactly how is that increased difficulty?

"
Owwlll wrote:
But hey what do I know, Ive never made it to level 100! I just find it interesting someone with only one character at level 100 in SC would cry about being gated rather than 'challenged' :s

2 100's, actually. And another at 99. All solo, self-found. But what on earth has this to do with anything?

"
Owwlll wrote:
Everyone knows games like these require some sort or endgame sink or limitation. I think the way GGG is going about it seems pretty sweet, that famous RNG still plays a part.

I agree, a game that is designed with such a pyramid economy focus requires an orb sink. I just don't agree one bit that content access, combat challenge, progression and EXP should have ANYTHING to do with this sink.

"
Owwlll wrote:
Of course like everyone else who wants to cry over the way this game is evolving

The old 'cry' card. Cute.

At least it wasn't the 'go play something el...' Oh, wait!

"
Owwlll wrote:
you are welcome to find something else to play

FailFish

"
Owwlll wrote:
especially since it doesn't look like you've actually dropped any coin yet

Cool story, bro!

"
Owwlll wrote:
Perhaps find a game that is older and more outdated so you wont have to deal with changes or new updates.

If GGG feel this is the right direction for their game then I support it, I think people need to remember that, this is THEIR game and they have a vision.

ps. before anyone starts having a go about time/money wasted, Ive wasted a lot more time and money on things a lot less worthwhile than path. Such is life, but it goes on.

He called it a challenge, didn't define what type of, didn't define how challenging, and got picked on for technicalities. I smell a witch burning...

I bolded the only part that's worth responding to in this last section.

I think YOU need to remember that game companies want feedback, they don't want you to accept everything because it's their game. You are effectively saying you would sit back and watch PoE get worse and worse until it failed, should GGG make really bad decisions, because... it's their game, their choice.

Do you think PoE got where it is now by people NOT giving feedback, not raising concerns with development direction and not "crying over the way the game is evolving"? Do you think the game evolved in the positive ways it did by people supporting any and every design and decision because "GGG feel this is the right direction for their game"? Do you think the support grew from people "finding something else to play"?

Feedback, son, feedback. They want it.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 23, 2015, 7:47:58 AM
The most important part of the game - map system, and so little thought put into it.

Lvl 80-82 maps can be rare as mirrors as far as i care, but make it so they are rare for everyone the same. Don't make them be only party maps. Make it so that every player in party need to put map into a map device. Don't rape solo player.

Expand map device to 6 slots and make it that if there is party of 4 people, one person rolls the map, lvl 82 for example, so other 3 if they want to play it, they need to put white lvl 82 map in map device. This way party play will still keep map rolling, safety and inc IIR and IIQ as advantage. Not doing this will hurt solo players way to much and kill high tier solo play.

Also dont make most played maps (highest tier - like lvl 77-78 maps atm) maps with crappy tileset, let them be with best tilesets like strand, gorge and plateau atm.

If there will be only 3-4 tilesets at lvl 81-82 they need to be great and fun, not like dark forest or something like that.
in party it at least feels that taking more dmg than usual dying one shot and there's real danger if left behind. never gonna reach 100 lv or maybe in 5 years.
( edit: otherwise good point. wonder what's like end game bosses will be. harder than atziri and better AI ?p )

in maps improving algorithm that there's clear logistics like sacrifice pit here and living quarters in practical place. crematorium map is better in this or smaller area makes it.

thight quarters will go as it's aztec kaom's and vaal priests. those all guts and decoratings incline demons are slimy punch.

jungle valley / library. i think it's the hue. question is the line of discomfortable and nausea
is there cockroaches?
Last edited by wicursxenon on Jun 23, 2015, 8:18:31 AM
In a lots of threads there was feedback from the upper placed players, that the game gets increadibly repetitive since there are only 1-2 types of the 77+ maps (live) . So the variety of the lower map levels is gone and you just have to run the one base over and over again.

It would be fun to play Tropical Island of 78+ base. I like monkeys.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info