State of the Beta - Post #7 (Beta Patch and Wipe)

you are good youuu!! GGG
What is the right term for divination cards regarding loot filter ?
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Topkek. Some of those value changes look like GGG is playing favourites.

Buffed:

Arc (+40%)
Bear Trap (+33%)
Discharge (+50%)
Lightning Tendrils (+40%)
Incinerate (+200%), though it might have been called for with no shotgunning

Nerfed:

Ice nova (-30%)
Ice Spear (-20%), rip ice spear - nerfed by no shotgun and then nerfed by DE
Fire Nova Mine (-RIP%), just in case people were actually using it
Tempest Shield (-16%), ironic considering GGG wants people to start using it for damage.
Are the new mods added to the masters (crafting) too ?
Arc buffed?

I hope you guys will nerf it in pvp, if not riot!
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jun 16, 2015, 1:38:35 AM
So Ice Nove, Ball Lightning, and Glacial Cascade are all getting nerfed. Well that pretty much encompasses the only skills I like. Lightning Warp as well, but I don't use it for damage.

I was building towards being able to fit in Tempest Shield as well, but its also getting nerfed. Herald of Ice/Thunder are getting buffed I guess, which is nice. I never thought they lacked for damage, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Its good that Freezing Pulse is getting buffed, since every other ice spell apart from Arctic Breath is getting slammed.

I mean I already need to jump through the hoops trying to get enough mana to run GC, and aoe increase to make it useable at range, when I could just pop in FP and get WAY less mana costs and just have to deal with its annoying point blank mechanic like I used to before GC was in the game.

I'll probably end up shocking less often, and freezing less but those are really just side effects from using the skills I enjoy using. I think if cold snap were removed from the game, and freeze mine, then maybe the other skills could be balanced better for status effects. Since those two skills are pretty much OP with the freezes, a global nerf is apparently needed so that you are encouraged to use them.

Or maybe its a global buff under the right set up, I don't really know ._.
"
lolozori wrote:
Arc buffed?

I hope you guys will nerf it in pvp, if not riot!

Doesn't PvP have its own effectiveness for skills?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Remember that Damage Effectiveness (the change to the skills announced here) is only a multiplier applied to flat damage added to spells. This will be a bigger deal now that flat mods can appear on non-unique weapons (and the new unique gloves), but it is not an overall change to all spell damage. Some builds that have a large change to their skill in damage effectiveness will experience very little change. Some will be devastated or hugely buffed, depending on how the skill is scaled and what gems/auras/heralds you use.

Rule of thumb: if a large part of your damage comes from flat damage adds, this will effect you more. If all you use is Herald of Thunder, it will not hurt you very badly, even if the DE on your skill took a huge hit.
Doomed for Life
divination cards yess
"Don't Tread on Me"
so how these new Status Ailment Changes apply to CI?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info