State of the Beta - Post #7 (Beta Patch and Wipe)

"
Number of issues required to be completed for release: 494

"
We are currently aiming to add the three unreleased levels and the various final boss fights to the beta around 1 July. We expect another beta wipe when this happens. We are working towards a release in early July.

Forget about July, people. They shall not deliver. Better wait for FO 4.
awesome guys, really great work all your team!
"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
Number of issues required to be completed for release: 494

"
We are currently aiming to add the three unreleased levels and the various final boss fights to the beta around 1 July. We expect another beta wipe when this happens. We are working towards a release in early July.

Forget about July, people. They shall not deliver. Better wait for FO 4.

If they add on 1st July final boss fights, bug fixing/balancing will take at least few weeks, so mid July earliest... but as programmer... early-end-July :D
"
Zaffax wrote:
So if I am reading this correctly, CI either just got a significant (but needed) buff by becoming immune to elemental status effects or fucked royally (since dmg would always exceed the equivalent of 100 percent life).

Can we get some clarification on this?

Is it how much damage is actually lost or damage as compared to life?

Why would you be immune? Damage vs CI always takes your "hidden" hp into account, that you would have before CI is applied. All builds should be less vulnerable to status ailments now, including CI (not counting changes to monster damage). Far from immune though.

I offer new Atziri's Acuity

+(60 to 80) to Intelligence
+(60 to 75) to maximum Life
(200 to 220)% increased Armour
(25 to 35)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

Leech applies instantly on Critical Strike at 100% effectiveness
2% of Damage Leeched as Life
1% of Damage Leeched as Mana
"
Rupenus wrote:
You sound like capping crit chance to %95 is easy in this game. *Acuity leeches instantly when you crit only* should i highlight this even bolder for you? Even though you have capped crit chance you cant have 100% accuracy, you can die to reflect while using acuity, or you cant leech instantly at all, even though you have capped crit chance(crit roll: accuracy check -> crit chance check -> accuracy check again! if you fail last accuracy check you deal normal damage), but vaal pact can leech instantly in any circumstances as long as you hit, you can use maligaros virtuosity in your gloves slot for maximum dps or something totally different which suits your build best. (acuity occupies gloves slot too)

One of the hardest items to get in this game ,Atziri's Acuity, sth like 33:1 drop ratio, 125ex(used to be 225ex) now surpassed by vaal pact, by a passive in the tree and you calling this balance? Cool lets put everything to passive tree and we wont need any items anymore? is this good? I know that GGG will rework acuity, im not whining here, my point is, Vaal pact is much better now in any way.

Your Jealousy due to lacking Atziri's Acuity makes you lose your reason while thinking.

For most crit builds, the non-crits are such a small portion of the damage output, I don't see how the crit-only part is a big issue? You would leech amost nothing on non-crits anyway, and you don't take big reflect hits from those either.
Having actual life regen is also more important now, with the changes to life leech, frenzy charges and Blood Rage.
You don't know what the updated Acuity will look like, It might end up with a stronger version of instant leech than Vaal Pact, just as it is now.
Even if it's relative power is reduced as a side effect of the changes, that may allow GGG to make it more accessible (higher droprate, Hope droprate, fragment droprate, or all of the above). I say that would be a good change.

So maybe I missed it, but when does this patch go live?
If understood correctly, it's not the July 1 patch yet.
IGN: Maelifica
Thanks a lot! The new "Spell Effectiveness Changes" & "New Spell Damage Mods" make me feel like I would finally like to play 2.0 after hating every single patch since the beginning of the beta. ;)

New molten strike looks too good to not play around with it. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jun 16, 2015, 1:53:23 PM
"
Daxora wrote:
So maybe I missed it, but when does this patch go live?
If understood correctly, it's not the July 1 patch yet.

There are at least 3 patches involved. One was done on the beta last night. The second will be around July 1 and add a few more levels and bosses. Then everything will be added on the LIVE server sometime later on(currently expected "early July"), though this isn't leaving much time for testing or any issues that arise with the new content once its added to the beta.
with the shock changes, this means voltaxic will always or almost always shock?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info