[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Flouyd wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

In my experience, it's rare that you'll find jewellery that's worth more than 10-20c over the course of doing 20 recipes. But, it only takes one that's worth exalts to be worthwhile.

So, at ilvl 72+, I keep the bad base types (coral ring/amulets, paua rings, etc) for unid, then id the rest.

What about low lvl maps? I'm just starting with lvl 68-70 maps and I'm wondering if it worth it. I'm having troubles to identify and price good gear in general so I would prefer to just vendor them for 2c if it's not a big loss

68-69 maps, unid recipes.

70-71 maps check item level (magics drop zone +1, rares/bosses zone +2, for those who don't know). Id accessories ilvl 72+.

72+ id everything, make sure anything 75+ goes to regal recipes.

P.S. I hate those middle-ground maps where the mob type makes me check item level on everything. Thankfully I don't have to type /itemlevel for each one anymore. QoL FTW.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hi all

Will this affect our damage?:

Just interested as a friend is doing a more dps intensive poison arrow build
For Atziri´s...better swap Carcass for LCoil (+PoL)? (Legacy in standard) or maybe Belly of the Beast?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Why should i use Increased Area of Effect?

Since the Cloud Dmg does not Stack, there is no Point in firing more then one Arrow into a Group. So i have the time to spread the Cloud by multiple arrows myself.

So what would Alternatives be?

With Drillneck: Pierce?

ATM im lvl 66 and i dont have Drillneck or Empower*, so what about...

Culling Strike?
Is it working with the Cloud?

Faster Projectiles?
Dmg increase Modifier

(pls dont laught...) Innervate?
I assume the Chance to Shock would only apply on the direct hit?
If that is the case its not good to have...

Item Quantity?
Moar Loot?

*Playing selffound, no trading :D

"
Salazaar wrote:
Why should i use Increased Area of Effect?

Since the Cloud Dmg does not Stack, there is no Point in firing more then one Arrow into a Group. So i have the time to spread the Cloud by multiple arrows myself.

So what would Alternatives be?

With Drillneck: Pierce?

ATM im lvl 66 and i dont have Drillneck or Empower*, so what about...

Culling Strike?
Is it working with the Cloud?

Faster Projectiles?
Dmg increase Modifier

(pls dont laught...) Innervate?
I assume the Chance to Shock would only apply on the direct hit?
If that is the case its not good to have...

Item Quantity?
Moar Loot?

*Playing selffound, no trading :D

Hi there

first of all: Increased AoE helps for clearspeed. You will not need that in normal story mode, but for mapping its massive. Better clearspeed = effective IIQ, since you kill more stuff faster, and much more fluidly.

Secondly for your suggestions: Pierce (yes with Drillneck) is OK, Culling won't work because we don't hit technically with the cloud, same goes for Innervate. Item Quantity only works in standard, but should be considered with the iiq/iir coefficients for mapping. Faster Projectiles is rather inefficient, but works for Cloud damage.

Im 83ish, no drillneck, no empower, and only with a 4Linked +2 bow. My Cloud DPS is that good already, lvl 19 PA (+2 levels) - Slower Projectiles - Conc Effect - Increased AoE. Tooltip with 7 frenzies is at 8k. I cull with a flame-totem linked to rarity gem, works wonders and you only drop it for rare mobs or (mini)bosses, ghosts and warbands.

If you re-read the first post you will see why this build makes those decisions, it's thouroughly explained by sir Serleth :)

"
hasbeen5043 wrote:
Hi all

Will this affect our damage?:

Just interested as a friend is doing a more dps intensive poison arrow build

it will increase the damage with 20% per curse only. Poison arrow is not elemental for the cloud damage. The + level to curses won't do anything since our only curse is vulnerability and the 33% DoT increase is flat.

"
redix27 wrote:
For Atziri´s...better swap Carcass for LCoil (+PoL)? (Legacy in standard) or maybe Belly of the Beast?

Not needed if you know the mechanical parts of the fight, but yes it's safer with LCoil and PoL sure.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jul 20, 2015, 7:53:50 AM
evasion well good but it lacks some, labyrinth boss one shots me.
"
Chronodroid wrote:

first of all: Increased AoE helps for clearspeed. You will not need that in normal story mode, but for mapping its massive. Better clearspeed = effective IIQ, since you kill more stuff faster, and much more fluidly.

Hm, maybe its because im not in maps until now or im playing PA wrong or i just dont get it.
Besides, im no native speaker, i hope you can decypher what im writing...

My idea is, by loosing Area (that can be compensated by more arrows) we should be able to get more direct Damage, melting speed, which is the main bottleneck.
If the Speed gain of the direct Damage is more then the delay of the additional Arrows we have to fire, we are faster overall.

An other Option is letting the mobs melt and dont wait for them to die, running to the next groups.
I dont think thats good, because you would have to rerun all the map to pick up the shinys... That feels rather slow.

Ill try to get my thoughts in line...

When there is a group of mobs in front of me, i shoot an Poison Arrow into it.
Lets assume i have AOE in my Bow and i hit all the mobs with this first arrow. Then i wait and watch them melt, more arrows dont make sence because the mobs dont die faster.

So in the mean time, after the first arrow, watching mobs melt, what could i do to get them die faster?

- I could apply Vulnerability
- I could use other Skills
- I could use a decoy Totem

So the overall Damage would be "Damage from PA" plus "Damage from Stuff i do while PA melts Lootbags"
e.g: PA + Vulnerability

Looking at it the other way round:
What about pushing the direct Damage the Arrow does and use the time after the first arrow to apply it?

So lets assume i have no AOE to support PA and have to shoot two of them to hit the same group.

So the overall Damage would be "Damage from PA" plus "Damage from free Support Gem" minus "Delay of second Arrow"

Does this make any sence?
"
Salazaar wrote:

Hm, maybe its because im not in maps until now or im playing PA wrong or i just dont get it.
Besides, im no native speaker, i hope you can decypher what im writing...

Gem levels, +3 bow.
stuff die faster as you level gems and have empower L2 and bow.
doing mapping atm and stuff die fast.

done with leveling at 86 and now I am getting the things to have more fun with :)
How did u roll 3B1R2G on that fooken bow? It seems like rly annoying to get 4off in this color :S :D I think ill stick to 2B1R3G and swap aoe for piercing
Last edited by m0tY on Jul 20, 2015, 10:27:16 AM
"
m0tY wrote:
How did u roll 3B1R2G on that fooken bow? It seems like rly annoying to get 4off in this color :S :D I think ill stick to 2B1R3G and swap aoe for piercing

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html It takes ~230 chromatics to do that on average
Last edited by Flouyd on Jul 20, 2015, 10:40:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info