[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Is dinvine orb can change that +1 level bow?
Last edited by imabang318 on Jul 20, 2015, 3:59:23 AM
Alright for those of you that have been following the thread today, there's been a couple people asking about how much damage on a jewel is needed in order to be better than picking up an extra Frenzy charge.

I recalculated the math on it and realized I made a mistake due to the multiplicative nature of Frenzy charges.

A single Frenzy charge when compared to increased damage from a jewel depends on the level of your PA gem and Empower, and if you're using a +2 bow or a +1/+3 bow, since a Frenzy charge ultimately means that it will apply more damage per charge, the more gross damage that you're doing from (base + increased modifiers) first.

So for example at a level 19 PA gem and Empower 2 in a +3 bow, the amount of damage you need on a jewel to equate to that of a Frenzy charge is 14% (in the level 88 completed tree of this build structure).

However, when you're dealing with a level 21 PA gem and Empower 3, 1 frenzy charge is equivalent to 21% damage.

Hope that clears things up.

"
Do you ever do unid chaos recipe? Or is the chance of receiving a good piece of jewelry at ilevel 72+ not worth the additional chaos?

In my experience, it's rare that you'll find jewellery that's worth more than 10-20c over the course of doing 20 recipes. But, it only takes one that's worth exalts to be worthwhile.

So, at ilvl 72+, I keep the bad base types (coral ring/amulets, paua rings, etc) for unid, then id the rest.

@imabang318:
No it can't. Unlike say Tyrannical (155-169% phys dmg), +1 and +2 bows aren't "rolls" within the same tier of an affix. They are separate tiers. Therefore a divine will not be able to roll it +2.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 20, 2015, 6:13:11 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

In my experience, it's rare that you'll find jewellery that's worth more than 10-20c over the course of doing 20 recipes. But, it only takes one that's worth exalts to be worthwhile.

So, at ilvl 72+, I keep the bad base types (coral ring/amulets, paua rings, etc) for unid, then id the rest.

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. Do you ever alch white jewelry? I feel like it can be decent since worst case scenario it still profits doing regal recipe, but you can make money with good pieces.
"
"
Serleth wrote:

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. Do you ever alch white jewelry? I feel like it can be decent since worst case scenario it still profits doing regal recipe, but you can make money with good pieces.

Yes. I typically wait for regal recipes myself, but worst case scenario you can fill a recipe up with everything but two accessories (rings/amulets), then alc what you're missing. If it sucks, you recipe and you've made back your alcs. Try again until you get jewellery worth selling.

When dealing with regals it's flat out profit.
Serleth, thank you for the awesome build! :D

I've always loved the whole degen aspect of poison arrow but never made a build till i saw yours and decided to tackle it, as i enjoy mf builds too but havent made a very successful one till this one thanks to you...

I was lucky enough to get a extra lvl on empower due to a lucky corruption and that sky rocketed my dps early on. Once i hit lvl 68-70 i started speccing mf and am still working on the really expensive uniques...

However i have a query, how do you feel about Greed's Embrace? (i chose scion over ranger for the aoe nodes so i dont really need a carcass.. and would it be better to use a Greed's Embrace over goldwyrm and then just settling for high movespeed decent rarity boots)?
"
hasbeen5043 wrote:
However i have a query, how do you feel about Greed's Embrace? (i chose scion over ranger for the aoe nodes so i dont ally need a carcass.. and would it be better to use a Greed's Embrace over goldwyrm and then just settling for high movespeed decent rarity boots)?

=D

Glad to help out.

Believe it or not the extra 5% you'd get from Goldwyrm would be better. I'd have to take time to do the math on it but let's say it's linear and you end up with 15/350. The way that IIQ/IIR functions with map rolls now (previously, it was just IIQ. Now IIR is in as well), that extra 50% IIR on a high roll GE chest would push you into the realm of diminishing returns.

If anything, you'd want to be extra-sure you were keeping Goldwyrm on while using Greed's Embrace so that you equalize your IIQ/IIR ratio in maps and keep yourself in the sweet spot for farming.
"
imabang318 wrote:

Is dinvine orb can change that +1 level bow?

No. I dont think so cuz they are 2 different Prefixes and you can only reroll the Prefix ranges. Sadly the range isnt +1-+2 bow gems or all the bows would be alot cheaper :P

at least thats what I think. Someone might know better.
( ゚ヮ゚)

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Didn't realise it would bring in diminishing returns thanks for the insight... I was contemplating using it due to most being cheaper than the Goldwyrms.

Keep up the awesome guide! i look forward to the video you'll be posting ( ゚ヮ゚)

Also found this:

"
Serleth wrote:

What about low lvl maps? I'm just starting with lvl 68-70 maps and I'm wondering if it worth it. I'm having troubles to identify and price good gear in general so I would prefer to just vendor them for 2c if it's not a big loss

On a side note: I found that using http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fertile_Mind is a good option to get int early when you need it. It is super cheap and you can put it in the jewel slot near ranger as you want to take it anyway
Last edited by Flouyd on Jul 20, 2015, 6:17:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info