[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I am wondering whether it's worth it to use alts on low level maps (68-71) to get the 2 endbosses or if its better to just use transmutes and go. Since I seem to get all my crappy unique drops from the bosses and like 10% from rares or exiles.

Is here someone who already tested it and could tell me his experiences?

I've been running your build the past 3 days, and it's been super fun. Sitting at level 62 on warbands atm,and I just have a few questions, if you'd be willing to answer them :)

First off- I'm sitting at 193 IIR and 15 IIQ. My IIQ is from sadima, not goldwyrm. A 20 IIQ goldwyrm is going for about 5 ex right now on warbands. I'm not really sure if they're worth getting any time soon. Is the 5 IIQ really worth 5ex? Or should I leave that upgrade for the last?- Your thoughts on this please :)

Secondly, as I stated, I'm at 193 IIR. From what I understood from your reddit post, the first 200 IIR is the most significant after which you get diminishing returns. Should I focus on getting more IIR now, or my other gear (drillneck, Carcass etc) and come back to IIR later-if so, at what point?

Thirdly, I'm running a quiver with 70+ resists, and am able to be resist capped with 1 andvarius ring. I'm not quite sure how I'd manage to be resist capped with 2 andvarius rings AND a drillneck- is it just a matter of getting pretty expensive dual res+life+rarity gear and such? Another question which might help with the above question as well- Will charisma allow you to run an extra purity? Right now I'm running a level 10 clarity and Purity Of Elements. Wonder if I can fit in a purity of fire with charisma.

Fourthly, will a drillneck+pierce gem out-dps a level 2 empower?

If you do take time out to respond to my questions, thank you a million times over in advance. If not, thank you anyway for the amazing and fun build you've made for all of us.

Cheers :)
+3 bows have just entered the realm of the ridiculous.

People wanting to get 15+ exalts for a bow that can't even roll the damage over time mod.....

80% the bows for sale are bricked IMO. Some crazy dude wants 50 exalt for a 6 link that only has 3 mods that apply to this build,...... good luck with that buddy. Guess a Explosive arrow build might work with it.

I get trying to make a profit on the newest and hottest builds items, but putting an item up for 15 times its actual value is just silly.

Liquid currency people, any item sitting in your stash is costing you money, keep that in mind when pricing your items while magic finding. Unless you want to carry your loots into standard, price appropriately.
just dropped first ever

Any thoughts on Cherrubim's Maleficence or Queen of the Forest as stepping stones prior to Carcass Jack?

They are significantly cheaper and both look pretty useful.
"
AnjovisFilet wrote:
I am wondering whether it's worth it to use alts on low level maps (68-71) to get the 2 endbosses or if its better to just use transmutes and go. Since I seem to get all my crappy unique drops from the bosses and like 10% from rares or exiles.

hey, from persona experience, its worth rolling maps till you get 2 bosses on arena and museum map mostly, the number of alts you will make from selling all the rares will give you the alts back, some chaos recipe for sure, and i've had at least 1 unique drop everytime..
so yeah i would reccommend rolling double boss on those 2 maps.
"
Flouyd wrote:
"
m0tY wrote:
How did u roll 3B1R2G on that fooken bow? It seems like rly annoying to get 4off in this color :S :D I think ill stick to 2B1R3G and swap aoe for piercing

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html It takes ~230 chromatics to do that on average

So it seems like Vorici (1 B) and just Chrom spamming are within the standard deviation of each other. Any input from you old pro's as to which should be done?
"
redix27 wrote:
For Atziri´s...better swap Carcass for LCoil (+PoL)? (Legacy in standard) or maybe Belly of the Beast?

For regular Atziri it's unnecessary imho. But if you're struggling, I would recommend BoTB overall.

"
Salazaar wrote:
Why should i use Increased Area of Effect?

Since the Cloud Dmg does not Stack, there is no Point in firing more then one Arrow into a Group. So i have the time to spread the Cloud by multiple arrows myself. So what would Alternatives be?

With Drillneck: Pierce? ATM im lvl 66 and i dont have Drillneck or Empower*, so what about... Culling Strike? Is it working with the Cloud? Faster Projectiles? Dmg increase Modifier (pls dont laught...) Innervate? I assume the Chance to Shock would only apply on the direct hit? If that is the case its not good to have...

Item Quantity?
Moar Loot?

Increased AoE is mostly just QoL to improve the clear speed and to *NOT* have to fire multiple shots. Depending on the attack speed of your bow (Ie, if you're using a thicket), you could potentially run into mana issues. I recommend AoE mostly just to make life easier for newer players.

Otherwise: Pierce or Faster Projectiles for a bit of QoL + damage (shots will get there faster), or if you're fine with the shot-speed, Culling is better. If you're in Standard, yes, IIQ.

As for this point you address in a reply:

"
An other Option is letting the mobs melt and dont wait for them to die, running to the next groups.
I dont think thats good, because you would have to rerun all the map to pick up the shinys... That feels rather slow.

Once you get used to the build (and your damage gets up there with Drillneck, tooltip 11k+), things die fast enough where you can fire a shot and then just go start looting pretty much. This is another place where AoE becomes nice QoL. You don't have to fire as often to finish off the pack while you're looking for the shinies. Effectively, AoE allows you to loot as things die, while having to do less as a player in terms of activity.

And sometimes, in thick pack situations where you get surrounded and have to GTFO, firing one shot then blink-arrowing away will get rid of MORE of the pack and actually increase your survivability.

Just my experience.

"

Transmute and go.

Save looking for the Twinned roll for multiboss maps (Museum, Arcade, Arena, etc).

"
Prank5t3r wrote:
I'm not really sure if they're worth getting any time soon. Is the 5 IIQ really worth 5ex? Or should I leave that upgrade for the last?- Your thoughts on this please :)

Exalts: 40 chaos.
Divines: 10 chaos.

Cost of upgrading to perfect Goldwyrm: 5ex (200 chaos).
Cost of low roll Goldwyrms: 3ex (120 chaos).
Difference in Divines: 8 divines
Likelihood of getting 20%: 1/7.

Imho, buy the cheaper Goldwyrms and divine them.

Or if you'd rather not take the risk, yes, save the upgrade for last since you do have IIQ off Sadimas. At that point it's a min-max thing.

"
Secondly, as I stated, I'm at 193 IIR. From what I understood from your reddit post, the first 200 IIR is the most significant after which you get diminishing returns. Should I focus on getting more IIR now, or my other gear (drillneck, Carcass etc) and come back to IIR later-if so, at what point?

To clarify, (IIRC) 200 IIR is where you start seeing diminishing returns without having any IIQ, in non-map zones. With IIQ on gear, such as your Sadimas, that IIR value goes up to 300 before diminishing returns.

However, in maps, where the IIQ and IIR rolls multiply the rolls on your gear, that's where things get interesting and where upgrading to Goldwyrm is actually worth it.

Let's say you're running a 40%q/20% iir map.

At 15 IIQ / 195 IIR that's effectively 21 IIQ / 234 IIR.

However, with 20% goldwyrms, that effectiveness spikes to 28% IIQ. When balancing IIQ, the "rule" is 1 point of IIQ = 4 point of IIR. In other words, the upgrade to perfect Goldwyrms added an extra 28% effective IIR. (28% vs 21% = 7% difference * 4 = 28. Just kinda weird how that worked out number wise).

Now consider what that means when you're alcing maps and getting 80%+ IIQ and 50%+ IIR rolls.

That's why higher rolled Goldwyrms are so much more effective: the scaling that happens as a result of map rolls.

"
I'm not quite sure how I'd manage to be resist capped with 2 andvarius rings AND a drillneck- is it just a matter of getting pretty expensive dual res+life+rarity gear and such? Another question which might help with the above question as well- Will charisma allow you to run an extra purity? Right now I'm running a level 10 clarity and Purity Of Elements. Wonder if I can fit in a purity of fire with charisma.

To answer the latter: assuming you are not running Grace or Clarity (or are willing to drop down to a level 3 clarity): yes, you can run two purities with Charisma.

As for res balance in general: you'd be surprised how cheap dual res / life / rarity gear can be.

Paid 12 chaos (cuz I didn't want to haggle), probably could've paid 8 chaos.

5 chaos.

Then resistance nodes as necessary.

"
Fourthly, will a drillneck+pierce gem out-dps a level 2 empower?

No.

"
Rjr3412 wrote:
Any thoughts on Cherrubim's Maleficence or Queen of the Forest as stepping stones prior to Carcass Jack?

Queen of the Forest for sure. Cherribum's adds a nice DPS boost, but that's about it.

"
2spoons wrote:
So it seems like Vorici (1 B) and just Chrom spamming are within the standard deviation of each other. Any input from you old pro's as to which should be done?

I'm pretty sure this is outright meaningless, but I've had the best luck doing 1b+1r from Vorici to get the off-colours. /shrug

Cheaper cost, gets me two of what I need. I let RNG handle the rest.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 20, 2015, 4:09:48 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
redix27 wrote:

"

To clarify, (IIRC) 200 IIR is where you start seeing diminishing returns without having any IIQ, in non-map zones. With IIQ on gear, such as your Sadimas, that IIR value goes up to 300 before diminishing returns.

However, in maps, where the IIQ and IIR rolls multiply the rolls on your gear, that's where things get interesting and where upgrading to Goldwyrm is actually worth it.

Let's say you're running a 40%q/20% iir map.

At 15 IIQ / 195 IIR that's effectively 21 IIQ / 234 IIR.

However, with 20% goldwyrms, that effectiveness spikes to 28% IIQ. When balancing IIQ, the "rule" is 1 point of IIQ = 1 point of IIR. In other words, the upgrade to perfect Goldwyrms added an extra 28% effective IIR. (28% vs 21% = 7% difference * 4 = 28. Just kinda weird how that worked out number wise).

Now consider what that means when you're alcing maps and getting 80%+ IIQ and 50%+ IIR rolls.

That's why higher rolled Goldwyrms are so much more effective: the scaling that happens as a result of map rolls.

Thanks for all the answers! Just a quick thing though. Did you mean 1 point of IIQ=4 points of IIR? Since you seem to be doing a 7*4.

Thanks one again for all the help.

Cheers :)
Yes, thanks. Will edit.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info