[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I want to start this build but MF is sooo expensive right now. Even andy's are 3-4 ex.
"
jconaspree wrote:
I want to start this build but MF is sooo expensive right now. Even andy's are 3-4 ex.

You can get started with Sadima's Touch for 1 alc, and IIR on everything else (should get you 100-150 or so IIR).

It'll start paying for itself after that.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:

You can get started with Sadima's Touch for 1 alc, and IIR on everything else (should get you 100-150 or so IIR).

It'll start paying for itself after that.

Ok thanks
Really loved the build ! I'll look foward to make it as soon as possible =)

Just a quick question for you tho !:

I have a LvL 68 Witch ( that i'm planning to put it on lvl 73 btw for the 23/20 gems ) with:

88 iiq / 436 iir
- Perandus,
- Sadima's,
- 2 Andvarius,
- Greed's Embrace
- and a Wondertrap.

Plus:
+ 19/20 IIQ Gem and a 19/20 IIR Gem

I can really boost the IIQ removing the Wonder trap and 1 Andvarius and placing a Goldwyrms and a legacy Topaz with +23 iir and +13 iiq

And get 123 IIQ total and 276 IIR. I also have an Aurseize, which would increase my IIR so the total would be 108 IIQ / 316 IIR.

My question is, which setup is better ? (i'm not considering the survivability tho, i just want to know the most efficient [in terms of loot] for boss runs and map runs. I looked over a post you've made explaining the diminishing returns but i don't got it exactly...

Thanks a lot for the attention bro, and i really loved the build ^^.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 20, 2015, 5:05:37 PM
Any chance you could have a few levelling trees? Such as skill tree at 40 points, 65 points, 85, etc. I know it's listed in the levelling section but it's a little confusing. Guess I'm more of a visual learner.
"

I have a LvL 68 Witch ( that i'm planning to put it on lvl 73 btw for the 23/20 gems ) with:

88 iiq / 436 iir
- Perandus,
- Sadima's,
- 2 Andvarius,
- Greed's Embrace
- and a Wondertrap.

Plus:

I can really boost the IIQ removing the Wonder trap and 1 Andvarius and placing a Goldwyrms and a legacy Topaz with +23 iir and +13 iiq

And get 123 IIQ total and 276 IIR. I also have an Aurseize, which would increase my IIR so the total would be 108 IIQ / 316 IIR.

My question is, which setup is better ? (i'm not considering the survivability tho, i just want to know the most efficient [in terms of loot] for boss runs and map runs. I looked over a post you've made explaining the diminishing returns but i don't got it exactly...

C = (1+(IIQ/100)) * (1+(IIR/100)) where the higher your C value, the better the loot.

I'll show the calculation once to demonstrate, then I'll just get C values.

C1 (88 / 436) = (1 + [88/100]) * (1 + [436/100]) = 10.07
C2 (108 / 316) = 8.65
C3 (123 / 276) = 8.38

Your first setup is better. For bosses.

For maps, you have to recalculate those values by multiplying the map rolls respectively for quantity and rarity on top of your base IIQ/IIR. That's too much to do, so I leave it in your hands to take care of that.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 20, 2015, 6:01:06 PM

And this is why you do ID recipes starting at ilvl 72.
Is it worth running maps 75+ if the main goal is acquiring currency and not experience? The reason I ask is because 75s are currently going for ~6c, 76s are going for ~9c each and 77s are going for ~12c each. However, these prices don't seem to justify many added benefits besides a very slim chance of getting top tier rares. Would it be better to just stop at ~73/74s right now, seeing as you can still do Regal Recipe and they're dirt cheap? Or do you go as high as you can purely by alching (no chisels)?

Sorry if I'm asking all these questions, I just want to acquire significant currency for a build and want to know the most efficient way.
Last edited by Shayd_ on Jul 20, 2015, 6:18:45 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"

88 iiq / 436 iir
- Perandus,
- Sadima's,
- 2 Andvarius,
- Greed's Embrace
- and a Wondertrap.

Plus:

C = (1+(IIQ/100)) * (1+(IIR/100)) where the higher your C value, the better the loot.

I'll show the calculation once to demonstrate, then I'll just get C values.

C1 (88 / 436) = (1 + [88/100]) * (1 + [436/100]) = 10.07
C2 (108 / 316) = 8.65
C3 (123 / 276) = 8.38

Your first setup is better. For bosses.

For maps, you have to recalculate those values by multiplying the map rolls respectively for quantity and rarity on top of your base IIQ/IIR. That's too much to do, so I leave it in your hands to take care of that.

Oh wow, thanks a lot ! I felt that the first setup was better for bosses by my own experience =)
I'll try to do the math (since i suck at math lol) But thanks a lot for the answer anyways ^^

I hope i didn't waste your time, thanks a lot bro ! I'll share my loot with you if i succeed xD

Ty !
Dream with me !
"
Is it worth running maps 75+ if the main goal is acquiring currency and not experience? The reason I ask is because 75s are currently going for ~6c, 76s are going for ~9c each and 77s are going for ~12c each. However, these prices don't seem to justify many added benefits besides a very slim chance of getting top tier rares. Would it be better to just stop at ~73/74s right now, seeing as you can still do Regal Recipe and they're dirt cheap? Or do you go as high as you can purely by alching (no chisels)?

Sorry if I'm asking all these questions, I just want to acquire significant currency for a build and want to know the most efficient way.

Never.

Never.

Ever.

Buy maps.

RNG on map drops can be the fastest way that you lose money.

Transmute to 72/73, alc 74+ and go. Reroll your maps as little as possible. Run your own pool at all times. Chisel only if you want to level up. Otherwise, save your chisels to sell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info