[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Just gonna point out that there might be a jewel worth considering using in the unique "Eldritch Knowledge". http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eldritch_Knowledge

5% Chaos damage increase per 10 Intelligence allocated in radius.
The jewel slot just above "Blood Drinker" on the tree encompass four Intelligence points within it's radius, maybe even more since I don't recall how large of a radius it has.
I feel a jewel for at least 20% Chaos damage is quite significant. As for how reliably cheap it is to get it, I don't know. But I haven't seen it mentioned yet.
"
Just gonna point out that there might be a jewel worth considering using in the unique "Eldritch Knowledge". http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eldritch_Knowledge

5% Chaos damage increase per 10 Intelligence allocated in radius.
The jewel slot just above "Blood Drinker" on the tree encompass four Intelligence points within it's radius, maybe even more since I don't recall how large of a radius it has.
I feel a jewel for at least 20% Chaos damage is quite significant. As for how reliably cheap it is to get it, I don't know. But I haven't seen it mentioned yet.

It was discussed really early. And a couple times since. I think I'm going to put it in the FAQ.

Eldritch Knowledge gets you 20-25 chaos damage. And you specifically have to change the pathing of the entire tree in order to use it in that one cluster in Witch for max effectiveness.

Compare that to Poacher's Aim (25%) and literally any rare jewel with dual damage mods (10% + 10% at the minimum, capping at I think 13% + 13%), Eldritch Knowledge is, at best, a temporary jewel for this build.

The moment you get a well rolled dual damage rare jewel with any other useful affix (third damage roll, life, resistances), EKno. becomes sub-par.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Fair enough, but a few things:
Poacher's Aim is only 25% if you have a Drillneck, otherwise it's 10%. While eventually that won't be an issue, EKno might be a decent substitute until you can get your hands on one.
Secondly, going by the link you linked with
"
THE FINAL PA MF TREE, JEWEL-BASED is an Acro option for the build, from Ranger (only takes Acro, not the additional dodge chance or Phase) for identical points compared to the original tree, which I've left available for comparison purposes below.
you are already using five intelligence connections (I see on the wiki that EKno is radius "large" so it should be able to cover all five) which will be 25%. You don't need to change any pathing at all, it's the basic pathing you took. I get that you can change up the pathing into Witch to maximize it, but that's diminishing returns, yes. However, like it looks now it's a 25% increase.

While a good rare jewel probably beats that, I don't feel it's quite as sub-par as you make it sound.
But I do concede to your overall argument. Well I'm building a low-budget PA build that takes a lot of inspiration from this, I had the luck of having a +3 bow drop with other bad rolls preventing extra damage, so I looked around to find something that only needed +3 and found PA.

Either way, thanks for considering my imput and taking the time to articulate your argument rather than just say "We've talked about it, it's bad" and dismissing me :)

"
Fair enough, but a few things:
Poacher's Aim is only 25% if you have a Drillneck, otherwise it's 10%. While eventually that won't be an issue, EKno might be a decent substitute until you can get your hands on one.
Secondly, going by the link you linked with
"
THE FINAL PA MF TREE, JEWEL-BASED is an Acro option for the build, from Ranger (only takes Acro, not the additional dodge chance or Phase) for identical points compared to the original tree, which I've left available for comparison purposes below.
you are already using five intelligence connections (I see on the wiki that EKno is radius "large" so it should be able to cover all five) which will be 25%. You don't need to change any pathing at all, it's the basic pathing you took. I get that you can change up the pathing into Witch to maximize it, but that's diminishing returns, yes. However, like it looks now it's a 25% increase.

While a good rare jewel probably beats that, I don't feel it's quite as sub-par as you make it sound.
But I do concede to your overall argument. Well I'm building a low-budget PA build that takes a lot of inspiration from this, I had the luck of having a +3 bow drop with other bad rolls preventing extra damage, so I looked around to find something that only needed +3 and found PA.

Either way, thanks for considering my imput and taking the time to articulate your argument rather than just say "We've talked about it, it's bad" and dismissing me :)

Thanks for the correction on the Blood Drinker boost to EK.

Yeah I'm not saying that it's a bad choice, because it's not. But it is an interim jewel until you can find a rare that beats it out. That's all.
What maps do you currently run? I've starting alching maps 73+, sustaining relatively easily. I'm not sure when it would be most efficient to stop trying to climb. Is it worth just transmuting and going 70-72s, or are higher maps + alchs better for drops in your opinion?
"
What maps do you currently run? I've starting alching maps 73+, sustaining relatively easily. I'm not sure when it would be most efficient to stop trying to climb. Is it worth just transmuting and going 70-72s, or are higher maps + alchs better for drops in your opinion?

Honestly I just transmute until 74. Then I start alcing.

Drops are better no matter what level you alc but you don't start seeing the good rare rolls until 74.

Id'd cold and lit res.

Aug'd chaos damage.

Regal'd area damage.

F*** yeah.
"
Serleth wrote:
"

Drops are better no matter what level you alc but you don't start seeing the good rare rolls until 74.

The key thing is that at 74 you can start getting ilvl 75 bases, which means you can get regals from them instead of chaos. If you can sustain fine up til then, it's better to trans+aug, but if you average even just one piece of rare jewelry more per map from alching 74s than you do from trans+aug, it's more than worth to alch the map.

E: I actually wrote this post while alt-tabbed in a map; as things were dying to my poison cloud while I wasn't looking, this dropped.

Build is OP.

E2: Managed to snag another Andy.

32/203 now. Nicely res capped and only had to take C&C. Next goal is Drillneck I guess; will have to swap out Sadima's once I get it though.
Last edited by Ruricon on Jul 19, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
"
Ruricon wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"

The key thing is that at 74 you can start getting ilvl 75 bases, which means you can get regals from them instead of chaos. If you can sustain fine up til then, it's better to trans+aug, but if you average even just one piece of rare jewelry more per map from alching 74s than you do from trans+aug, it's more than worth to alch the map.

E: I actually wrote this post while alt-tabbed in a map; as things were dying to my poison cloud while I wasn't looking, this dropped.

Build is OP.

E2: Managed to snag another Andy.

32/203 now. Nicely res capped and only had to take C&C. Next goal is Drillneck I guess; will have to swap out Sadima's once I get it though.
32? Goldwyrm + sadima's?

I bougth my first andy today, sitting at 14/192.. got 2 tabulas and an exalt today.. loving this build even more than 1.3's flameblast.
"
Ishamz wrote:
32? Goldwyrm + sadima's?

I bougth my first andy today, sitting at 14/192.. got 2 tabulas and an exalt today.. loving this build even more than 1.3's flameblast.

Yea, I use Sadima's because I'm fine on res despite the two Andys and I'm fairly comfortable with my HP too. I'll lose a little over 100 total res once I swap out my quiver though, so I'll need to replace the Sadimas then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info