[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
redix27 wrote:
A) VITALITY? (better for degen)
B) MOLTEN SHELL?

Molten Shell's not an aura. So, both?

"
Hätzold wrote:
Got to thank you for a really fun and thought through build and all the effort you put in your thread. Greatly appreciated.

"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
Holy smokes, Op, thank you for a great build, best fun since my first shitty slammer :).

Quick question, do you guys get the acrobatics nodes?

Glad you're both enjoying it =D

I personally pick up Acrobatics itself, but will not move into the subsequent four nodes until after level 88.

Keep in mind that the reason for that, as a player, I personally don't need the extra dodge. I rely on my raw skill to be able to offset the lack of having extra dodge chance. If you feel you need to, by all means, take it earlier.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 17, 2015, 4:30:20 PM
Wouldn't Seething Divines be superior to Halloweds in every way?
"
Wouldn't Seething Divines be superior to Halloweds in every way?

Nope.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/46#p10962581
Eh not really related to this build but to MF, maybe I can get some pointers in this thread since you are all obviously experienced in making currency haha.

How are some people making 10+ ex to buy drillneck/+3bow/goldwyrm/andy in so little time? Is procurement the key? Sell everything you get even if its for less than a chaos? Pure RNG like that 6L drop Serleth got?

"
Ishamz wrote:
Eh not really related to this build but to MF, maybe I can get some pointers in this thread since you are all obviously experienced in making currency haha.

How are some people making 10+ ex to buy drillneck/+3bow/goldwyrm/andy in so little time? Is procurement the key? Sell everything you get even if its for less than a chaos? Pure RNG like that 6L drop Serleth got?

For me personally:

* Bit of RNG
* Bit of overloading the shop extremely early at the start of a league with anything even remotely decent, selling it, and then buying exalts at 20-25c before they inflate to 35-40c. Half price exalts = fast items.
* Bit of converting absolutely every currency type I don't need to chaos.
* Or making sacrifices early to get things. Ie, I got to level 70 and immediately traded all 9 of my gcps to 18 chaos, and 15 regret orbs (32 net chaos), bought an exalt at 22 chaos (net: 1ex 12 chaos), traded 20 alcs to 10 chaos, rest of chaos to exalt) >> First Andvarius.
* By the time I was pushing for my second Andvarius (3ex price, exalts at 32 chaos), I traded all my chromes, alcs, regrets, scours, chances, chisels, vaals, jewelers, and fuses to chaos, then to exalt.
* The 6L drop paid for the +3 bow, and then the jewelers / fuses to 6S5L it.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 17, 2015, 6:22:46 PM
Hey guys, status report.
Still no andy or stuff like that, but its working quite well so far. Currency is slowly coming togehter.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Replaced Flame Totem with a spell totem, skelleton, faster casting combo. Currently I'm sitting at 3.800k life. Some bosses are very dangerous and I died a few times. I'm Level 78 right now.

I think I can afford my first andy on the weekend.

Found
today. Someone got an idea what it's worth?

Best regards.
Hello OP,

Im a new poison ranger here, got a few questions i would like to clear out..

1) any chance poison stack? the more poison on the ground the bigger the dot?
2) i took this build as a HC new league build (took the HC build with jewels), are there any tips you care to share with a fresh league 1st char poison player? i know its a MF build, but are there any twiches i should do to make it in HC without the gear your have?
3) any chance to use the poison arrow skill before i get the lvl +60 bow with +2/3 to skills?
i just cant wait to start using it... atm lvl 30, the skill lack the dmg for progressing so i use ice shot / flame totem to kill my way.. - anything i can do to make it with PA?
4) any gems you think i should change from your original build due to the fact im playing HC with 0 farm to start with?

really liked the post and videos, hope for a quick replay when you can.

thanks,

huntsmon
@tobias: 10-20c for that axe. I'd price it at 12.

"
huntsmon wrote:
1) any chance poison stack? the more poison on the ground the bigger the dot?
2) i took this build as a HC new league build (took the HC build with jewels), are there any tips you care to share with a fresh league 1st char poison player? i know its a MF build, but are there any twiches i should do to make it in HC without the gear your have?
3) any chance to use the poison arrow skill before i get the lvl +60 bow with +2/3 to skills?
i just cant wait to start using it... atm lvl 30, the skill lack the dmg for progressing so i use ice shot / flame totem to kill my way.. - anything i can do to make it with PA?
4) any gems you think i should change from your original build due to the fact im playing HC with 0 farm to start with?

1. No. More PA shots just = more coverage, the cloud damage doesn't stack.
2. Prioritize life first over damage (try find a balance, though), avoid frenzy charges until the absolute end of the build, and get Acrobatics before A4 Cruel.
3. Going damage-based (SC) you can get it working reasonably well by 38 off quest reward gems (Slower Proj from Archives, PA from start, AoE from an A4 quest... then buy conc effect off trade) and 4L and use a +1 bow. Before you will see PA start to get effective, however, you will need at least Entropy and Method to the Madness, otherwise your damage will be too low to be effective. However, for levelling in HC, since you will be focusing more on life than damage, this will probably push your switch to PA to about level 45-50, somewhere in there.

They've changed the ilvl requirement for 4L's, so just pay attention to drops and once you see 4L's, start ID'ing all blue and yellow bows to look for a +1 bow. It used to be ilvl 28 but it's a bit earlier now. Wiki isn't updated yet.

4. Gems will be more or less identical, but you may consider using Enfeeble or Temp Chains instead of Vulnerability, and using the Frenzy gem to generate charges rather than using Blood Rage. This will slow your clear speed down, but be significantly safer. I would keep the regen nodes regardless to help buy time for puncture/poison damage.

I need about 1.3 levels, then I'll be making an updated video (SC-based) but hopefully touch on some notes for HC as well.
nice build i am playing him in new liga and i love it
i am allrdy lev 86 and i am thinking about aa to now i am using grace+clerrity

my babes

and till i dont get drillneck those quier is more then enoug

boost dps and giv some blocks and armor
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Ishamz wrote:

For me personally:

* Bit of RNG
* Bit of overloading the shop extremely early at the start of a league with anything even remotely decent, selling it, and then buying exalts at 20-25c before they inflate to 35-40c. Half price exalts = fast items.
* Bit of converting absolutely every currency type I don't need to chaos.
* Or making sacrifices early to get things. Ie, I got to level 70 and immediately traded all 9 of my gcps to 18 chaos, and 15 regret orbs (32 net chaos), bought an exalt at 22 chaos (net: 1ex 12 chaos), traded 20 alcs to 10 chaos, rest of chaos to exalt) >> First Andvarius.
* By the time I was pushing for my second Andvarius (3ex price, exalts at 32 chaos), I traded all my chromes, alcs, regrets, scours, chances, chisels, vaals, jewelers, and fuses to chaos, then to exalt.
* The 6L drop paid for the +3 bow, and then the jewelers / fuses to 6S5L it.

oh it might be too late for me now then haha
i'll list any decent thing I get on procurement from now on, or else i dont see myself getting the mf gear i need.
thanks for the answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info