[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Waervyn wrote:
Just to make sure before I buy something stupid, a bow has to be level 64 before I can roll +2 skills on it right?

iLevel 64 yes, but I am not sure which normal bow is the minimum for that. I am looking around for that as well. Does anyone know which base bow gets iLvl 64?
"
Tompa974 wrote:
"
Waervyn wrote:
Just to make sure before I buy something stupid, a bow has to be level 64 before I can roll +2 skills on it right?

iLevel 64 yes, but I am not sure which normal bow is the minimum for that. I am looking around for that as well. Does anyone know which base bow gets iLvl 64?

Can't help you with that, but what I did was browse poe.trade for the cheapest 5l bows I could find. Then I just whispered the sellers asking the ilvl of the bow (and of course confirmed it when we traded by examining it myself). Once that was done it just took a few stacks of alts to get it as I wanted it. For whatever it's worth, I got the 5l bow for 1c, so they can be found very cheap.
It can be any type of base of a bow if it is dropped in proper location. For your own comfort you can pick any bow in location of lvl 64 and higher. What I suggest is you should buy a 5L bow, use poe.xyz.is to find one, just ask for the ilvl before you buy it and roll +2 to bow gems with alterations and u r good to go
"
m0tY wrote:
It can be any type of base of a bow if it is dropped in proper location. For your own comfort you can pick any bow in location of lvl 64 and higher. What I suggest is you should buy a 5L bow, use poe.xyz.is to find one, just ask for the ilvl before you buy it and roll +2 to bow gems with alterations and u r good to go

I would save the currency and just use any 4L bow that you find.

Until you get more currency use Flame Totem with Culling + IIR.
aargh frustration D:

the +3 bows go away at steal prices when I'm at work, *insert curses* :-/

any of you had the luck of finding a 2nd +3?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Thanks for the great guide, I especially liked the leveling part (w/ Flame Totem/EK), as I would've been lost in 2.0 world without it.

Currently lvl 88, sadly still with a +2 bow and no Andvarius. I'm not a fan of trading, and the cheap 5ex bows always seem to sell the instant they hit the market. Still, excluding chaos resistant mobs I think 75 ish maps are going at a decent speed.

I'm self found (excluding a 5l bow) with 126/16 mf (using Sadima's), and linked IIR gem. I'll eventually get an Andvarius, but I kind of like being able to run Grace and not care about Elemental Weaknes :P

Found a Divination Distillate early, I've been using that instead of another Seething flask. I don't really miss the flask, and the additional magic find is really nice for rares, bosses and such. I keep the effect up by using it to heal small health losses, or just spam arrow or curse a bit. It also doubles as a mana potion for slow regen maps!

I did some small tweaks to the tree for my preference. I picked up Phase Acrobatics at like 75, I find the added survivability is worth more than a bit more damage at that point.
Also took Profane Chemistry instead of some 5% life nodes, it's a loss of 3% life on tree in exchange for a huge increase to health flask effectiveness. And dropped Soul Siphon when I started using Divination Distillate, mana on kill sometimes screws over the flask effect. The flask fixes my mana when I need it. I just kept Primal Spirit instead for some added int.
nvm
Last edited by AnjovisFilet on Jul 17, 2015, 7:03:49 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
If finally we drop Purity...it´s worth to put AA+GRACE+CLARITY?

You won't be standing still anywhere near enough to get the benefit of AA's defenses, but the chilled ground could prove effective if you want to use it for that. I personally wouldn't bother, but I'm a sound mechanical player that likes to do the minimum possible to survive. ;)

"

This doesn't matter. You can get an ilvl 64 Short Bow. But for thoroughness sake, the three bow base types that drop on or after ilvl 64 are (in order) Spine Bow, Imperial Bow, Harbinger Bow.

To be absolutely 100% clear though, you don't need those base types to roll +2, it's just the item level of the bow that matters. Crude Bow would work just as well as a Harbinger.

"
any of you had the luck of finding a 2nd +3?

Not yet, but believe me, if I do, I'll be posting it here for a reasonable price for players using the build.

In the meantime, I have this for 5 chaos for the first person that asks for it in this thread. +2 bow with the added benefit of being able to run Empower immediately thanks to it being +1/+1

"
Thanks for the great guide, I especially liked the leveling part (w/ Flame Totem/EK), as I would've been lost in 2.0 world without it.

Currently lvl 88, sadly still with a +2 bow and no Andvarius. I'm not a fan of trading, and the cheap 5ex bows always seem to sell the instant they hit the market. Still, excluding chaos resistant mobs I think 75 ish maps are going at a decent speed.

I'm self found (excluding a 5l bow) with 126/16 mf (using Sadima's), and linked IIR gem. I'll eventually get an Andvarius, but I kind of like being able to run Grace and not care about Elemental Weaknes :P

I'm actually surprised you haven't found a +2 bow yet. I find quite a few as I'm crushing maps. But I am impressed by your numbers going mostly self-found.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 17, 2015, 7:28:08 AM
I do have a +2 bow, just missing a +3 one. Bought a 5L for a few chaos early on and alt spammed/regaled it

I've had some lucky rare drops so I've felt no particular need to buy gear so far.

Spoiler

I haven't really bothered sorting out my links so far. In retrospect I probably should've at least used my spare sockets for leveling copies of PA instead of random gems but..
"
Keemossi wrote:
I do have a +2 bow, just missing a +3 one. Bought a 5L for a few chaos early on and alt spammed/regaled it

I've had some lucky rare drops so I've felt no particular need to buy gear so far.

Spoiler

I haven't really bothered sorting out my links so far. In retrospect I probably should've at least used my spare sockets for leveling copies of PA instead of random gems but..

Ah I misread you. I read "Still without a +2" for some reason. Not enough coffee, probably.

I'm terrible for leveling spare gems myself. All this time (until yesterday) I was only levelling one spare PA. Now I have an extra three leveling. =D
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info