[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

finally, give up with Goldwyrm + andvarius, and go for rare rings/amulet + sadima, now get 15/170.

If I'm not short on mana regen, I think that will be an alternative way to go.
Is there a reason to choose a rustic sash over a leather belt? The %phys dmg doesn't do anything for our chaos cloud does it?
bye bye PoE
"
Serleth wrote:
Current Gear

Starting to get there.

16/149

Dude tell me you've done double arena boss. Stupid loots

Just managed to 5L my +3 bow; only took ~40 fuse. Currently BBGGG, but I have the chromes to roll it to BBGGR. However, I have not yet purchased any real MF gear; it's all just rares and such to fill out my resists and I'm currently sitting at 0/79. Should I buy a level 1 empower to try and get Andys ASAP or save up for a level 2 empower first? Clear speed seems a little slow on bosses, and I die quite a bit since most of my gear is pretty bad and I only have 3.5k, but doubling my IIR is also pretty attractive.
"
Ruricon wrote:

Just managed to 5L my +3 bow; only took ~40 fuse. Currently BBGGG, but I have the chromes to roll it to BBGGR. However, I have not yet purchased any real MF gear; it's all just rares and such to fill out my resists and I'm currently sitting at 0/79. Should I buy a level 1 empower to try and get Andys ASAP or save up for a level 2 empower first? Clear speed seems a little slow on bosses, and I die quite a bit since most of my gear is pretty bad and I only have 3.5k, but doubling my IIR is also pretty attractive.

I wouldn't bother saving for Empower lvl 2, just buy and corrupt, just make sure it's quality first.

Also Decoy Totem is VERY useful for survival, especially against snakes/chargers/ etc.
i can't find any good +3 bow :(
Woah you guys progressed nicely! I am only lvl 71 atm (damn finals every poe release).

@serleth
Could you please update gear section with your current gear?

"
Selky62 wrote:
Is there a reason to choose a rustic sash over a leather belt? The %phys dmg doesn't do anything for our chaos cloud does it?

That's just for EK / Death's Harp levelling. It scales those levelling processes. Once you switch to PA you go leather.

"
Should I buy a level 1 empower to try and get Andys ASAP or save up for a level 2 empower first? Clear speed seems a little slow on bosses, and I die quite a bit since most of my gear is pretty bad and I only have 3.5k, but doubling my IIR is also pretty attractive.

Just buy an Empower 1. It will immediately be Empower 2 in the bow. Rehcrome for it. Then Andys.

"
Could you please update gear section with your current gear?

I'll do this once the build is finished.

For now, it's listed here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/44#p10959133
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 14, 2015, 3:15:01 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

Ohh sorry must have missed it.

Edit: Btw why do you use Hallowed over Divine for Seething? It is 2400hp on divine vs. 1990 on hallowed.
Last edited by aelm on Jul 14, 2015, 4:25:19 AM
"
aelm wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Ohh sorry must have missed it.

Edit: Btw why do you use Hallowed over Divine for Seething? It is 2400hp on divine vs. 1990 on hallowed.

The difference in life between seething hallowed and seething divine @ 20% is 812 Hallowed vs 979 divine (167 life difference).

HOWEVER

Take a look at the flask charge difference.

10 per use of 30 charges for hallowed, 15/45 for divine.

That's five extra kills you have to make to earn another charge, PER USE, for an extra 170 or so life @ 20% quality. A total of 15 extra charges per flask.

So, spread that out over a mathematically easy amount of charges used (90 charges), you get 9 uses out of a hallowed flask (9 x 812 = 7308 hp) vs 6 uses out of a divine flask (6 x 979 = 5874 hp) for the same amount of enemies killed.

On a charge-for-charge basis, hallowed is more efficient. And since we're dealing with instant-heal flasks that we want to recharge as quick as possible, hallowed is flat out 25% more efficient for us. Longer duration heals you want eternal / divine (which is why my third flask, an eternal, is not seething. It lets me more slowly recover out of blood rage degen when necessary, and manage my hallowed flask use better).
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 15, 2016, 5:47:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info