[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

So I just hit level 64 on the new leagues, using a crappy old bow, pretty poor. How do you go from here in getting to a +3 bow eventually?
"
So I just hit level 64 on the new leagues, using a crappy old bow, pretty poor. How do you go from here in getting to a +3 bow eventually?

You can go pretty much self found gear. For the first bit.

Stack as much IIR on your rares as you can, taking resist nodes on the tree as necessary. You'll be able to hit 100 IIR without much issue (12% per gold ring = 24% + 15% on amulet = 39%, let's say 12% explicit rolls on each of those slots = 39%+ (15x3) = 85% + 15% on helmet and gloves each = 115%.

Then as and when you get bank:

* Andvarius #1 (replacing one ring (12/12 = 115 - 24% but + say a 10/60 andvarius = net gain of 46% = 115% + 46% = 161%
* Goldwyrm (16-20/161)
* Andy 2 (16-20/200).

At that point you'll be making roughly 0.4 ex/hr or so probably, guesstimating. +3 bows last I looked were going for 6ex. So assuming your shop sells absolutely nothing, once you get MF geared, you'll have a +3 bow in about 15 hours playtime.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 14, 2015, 6:01:45 AM
Serleth, what is your tree looking like? Did you opt to go jewel build, or stick with something closer to what you had originally done before the jewel theorycrafting?

I'm pretty close to the jewel skill tree "before jewels" and am poking around scion nodes right now at 67, with 4 more quest skill points to go, but don't have all the projectile nodes or frenzy charge nodes yet. I also didn't level flame totem though, though I'm thinking about just getting it for the cull just because I don't really have anything else to cast.
Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jul 14, 2015, 6:12:34 AM
"
GhostyGhost wrote:
Serleth, what is your tree looking like? Did you opt to go jewel build, or stick with something closer to what you had originally done before the jewel theorycrafting?

I'm pretty close to the jewel skill tree "before jewels" and am poking around scion nodes right now at 67, with 4 more quest skill points to go, but don't have all the projectile nodes or frenzy charge nodes yet. I also didn't level flame totem though, though I'm thinking about just getting it for the cull just because I don't really have anything else to cast.

My current pre-jewels, no Drillneck, level 83 tree. Just hit 83 an hour or so ago before I logged off the game for the day.

The cull is nice though it hasn't gotten me anything rewarding yet other than probably a couple rares and I'd guess over time an extra exalt worth of alterations. It's worth having for bosses until the 6L.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 14, 2015, 6:18:17 AM
Hey guys, one question.
Where do you trade your currency for currency? Mainly over the ingame chat or is there a working site like exilebro that has the new leagues listed?

Build working like a charm, started mapping yesterday and though I didn't get any good uniques I found 1 or 2 nice rares and accumulated quite some lesser currency.

Keep the nice work up!
I don't know if there's a new exilebro type thing yet.

I just use noticeboards and trade chat.
Loving the build and keen to get to a decent level to really start poisoning my enemies :) On the way there though we have a choice in Act 4 to grab a Golem to accompany us on the journey.

I'm interested in thoughts of what would be the best choice though? At first glance it appears that Chaos Golem is going to be difficult to keep leveling due to the high Int requirement. Ice Golem looks like the natural fit due to the Dex attribute but it looks like Flame Golem would do more for this build due to the "Golems grant 15% increased damage" which appears as though it would work with PA.

What do we all think?

I'm aware that by end game I'll probably dump the Golem for this build so it's really to assist in leveling when I'm not in a party so all advice is welcome.
You go with the flame golem. The damage increase works with cloud damage, I think it's the best choice out of the three.
Imho chaos golem is not worth it, and ice golem doesn't benefit us in any way.
Last edited by tobiasbruckert on Jul 14, 2015, 8:44:02 AM
Hey, dunno if this has been addressed yet but slower projectiles's more modifier affects all increased damage, so making sure to get projectile damage over, say, chaos damage is not particularly important.

finally picked one up :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info