[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Ty for your answer Serleth.

I'm bit new to all the theorycrafting so was just wondering if it works... And im really bad at keeping the curse up :D. REally hate manual cursing. But mostlikely i'll end up going Occultist anyways if i play Scion.
IGN: Fifthfurball
Hey, I remember someone talking about a crafting service earlier in the thread, but finding it in the 300 pages is challenging. Are they worth using? Is there one anyone would recommend?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Raggon wrote:
Are you gonna rewrite the guide or too much work? It's kinda partly outdated by now anyways

Only the levelling guide and loot filter is out of date, and even that is partially updated.

I will of course be rewriting the core of the guide once patch notes and the JSON are released. I will do my best to provide a better levelling process as well.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
Hey, I remember someone talking about a crafting service earlier in the thread, but finding it in the 300 pages is challenging. Are they worth using? Is there one anyone would recommend?

If required, I always find crafting services on a league-by-league basis, but typically I just do rotations and craft things myself.

I will do my best to get Catarina and Elreon up to level 8 as soon as possible so that I can craft your bows for you in the Perandus league, free of charge.

"
Attentionee wrote:
I'm bit new to all the theorycrafting so was just wondering if it works... And im really bad at keeping the curse up :D. REally hate manual cursing. But mostlikely i'll end up going Occultist anyways if i play Scion.

As do I, which is why I made it dual purpose with the Frenzy CoH setup: get charges and curse up at the same time.

With the extra points gained not having to grab Piercing Shots, it should be possible to run a level 5-10 Clarity, pick up Charisma, and run Blasphemy + Vuln alongside Grace with ~100 mana left over if you want that as an option. Problem is the radius of Blaspehmy won't cover more range-y kiting situations and it will necessitate that you play the build almost as a melee character.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

If required, I always find crafting services on a league-by-league basis, but typically I just do rotations and craft things myself.

I will do my best to get Catarina and Elreon up to level 8 as soon as possible so that I can craft your bows for you in the Perandus league, free of charge.

I'm not looking that far ahead yet! :) I'm considering getting my 6L bow crafted to +3 in the current league, as it's looking like I won't have my masters up to level 8 in the next week.

I'd be a lot further along if I hadn't taken a month out of Talisman to go cruising in the Caribbean. OTOH, it was totally worth it to go to the Caribbean.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 26, 2016, 11:01:40 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

I'm not looking that far ahead yet! :) I'm considering getting my 6L bow crafted to +3 in the current league, as it's looking like I won't have my masters up to level 8 in the next week.

I'd be a lot further along if I hadn't taken a month out of Talisman to go cruising in the Caribbean. OTOH, it was totally worth it to go to the Caribbean.

Ah. Well, there's less than a week left. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

If there's any downtime between Talisman and Perandus, I'll be happy to craft it for you in Standard.
Thanks Serleth, I'll see if I make it that long. :)
Hey Serleth,

After completing the challenge for all div cards, I decided to throw an alch on my "chains that bind" turn in, and I got a decent result. (Yup this was off only 1 alch).

Thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out what would actually help me in the 6th link!
I considered using Doedre's Damning along with Temporal chains or projectile weakness, but I can't imagine when I would actually use that since I would never take off one of my Andvarius rings just to gain 1 curse that only marginally helps me.

Pierce probably doesn't help since we are chaining anyways.

At the moment I'm just thinking faster attacks?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

edit: I guess LMP couldn't hurt? It's not like I care about the damage anyways.
hmmm...if I could get the socket colors putting my flame golem in there would be really neat too.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Last edited by Nick42 on Feb 27, 2016, 1:21:18 AM
"
Nick42 wrote:
Thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out what would actually help me in the 6th link!

Pierce probably doesn't help since we are chaining anyways.

At the moment I'm just thinking faster attacks?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Could toss in your flame golem, yeah, but I'd seriously just throw faster attacks in there. Lets you recover your frenzy charges faster when they've expired due to dead ends or whatever.

Or LMP like you say, would make blind firing at barrels easier.

It honestly doesn't matter. There's nothing significant you can throw there.

My advice?

Sell it, and buy a 5L with similar rolls. Just get your profit so you have more liquid currency to do whatever else (buy sets, buy maps, buy gear for other characters, etc)
Serleth, thanks for keeping this guide updated.

I know this is specifically a solo guide, but does anybody have suggestions about tweaking the links for periodic party/group play? Blood rage in particular is problematic when you aren't getting all the kills and so I've been using manual cast frenzy like in the barrel breaker setup. Is there a better alternative? Any other changes recommended?
"
caecusum wrote:
Serleth, thanks for keeping this guide updated.

I know this is specifically a solo guide, but does anybody have suggestions about tweaking the links for periodic party/group play? Blood rage in particular is problematic when you aren't getting all the kills and so I've been using manual cast frenzy like in the barrel breaker setup. Is there a better alternative? Any other changes recommended?

Manual frenzy's the only way to reliably generate charges with this setup in a party.

You will want to swap out Flame Golem for Flame Totem + GMP + Cull + IIR for party play, unless your party prefers other curses, then you can Frenzy + Cull + Chain + GMP + IIR.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info