[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

@Serleth

My cloud dps with 7 frenzy charges up is around 15k. My setup has Concentrated Effect, so probably my actual dps is a little higher than the tooltip. My question is: will I be able to reliably farm Atziri or damage is too low? I remember you saying your dps when you first did Atziri was around 21k. Have you done Atziri after the nerf?
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Xinerub2 wrote:
Is it worth to get 6L for ~10ex and add rarity gem, if I use this build to make currency only? I mean, how much time I need (average) to get 6L pay off?

At roughly 20/300 numbers in Standard, you'll have paid it off in ~20 hours.

Thank you for your answer :) And one more question. What map tier is better to farm? Low tier maps (1-6) and fast runs or 6-10 maps?
"
Serleth wrote:

Deadeyes projectile damage also benefits us and, if I'm correct in assuming that Far Shot's 30% more damage scales the "projectile damage" tag, we also get an additional multiplier to our cloud damage when at range.

I've actually read on reddit that Far Shot will not benefit CA as the wording is "projectile ATTACK damage".
It reads "projectile attacks gain damage the further they travel, deal up to 30% more damage"

nothing is specified as attack damage, do you have a source for that, illmtk?

but even if it wouldn't gain the more damage, we pass this route anyway for endless munitions.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
lussiano wrote:
My question is: will I be able to reliably farm Atziri or damage is too low? I remember you saying your dps when you first did Atziri was around 21k. Have you done Atziri after the nerf?

Yes.

And yes.

Started farming her in 2.1 ~9k dps.

"
And one more question. What map tier is better to farm? Low tier maps (1-6) and fast runs or 6-10 maps?

Your call. Regals aren't worth as much anymore, even in Standard afaik. You'll have to do a price comparison on what regals are worth but /shrug.

I'd personally just murder T1-6 in Standard. Very difficult to sell good rares, so you might as well just blitz the unid chaos recipe.

"
I've actually read on reddit that Far Shot will not benefit CA as the wording is "projectile ATTACK damage".

We'll see if the wording changes on that but, even if not. Chrono brings up two points:

a) Being able to drop the AoE gem is worthwhile on its own with Endless Munitions.
b) The precise wording, "projectile attacks gain damage the further they travel" does not necessarily limit the damage to projectile attack damage. It could just be that projectiles INITIATED by attacks, rather than spells, gain damage. Meaning it would impact the cloud damage.

So without a developer source /shrug

Either way, we go to +1 Arrow regardless.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
So seems like Pierce now gives more proj. dmg , 10% at lvl 1, ideas?
"
PureRnd wrote:
So seems like Pierce now gives more proj. dmg , 10% at lvl 1, ideas?

That means it caps at 29% more damage (assuming 1% per level), which is still less than the increase we'd get from Empower, Void Manipulation, Concentrated Effect or Rapid Decay.

No need to have it for this build.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 25, 2016, 2:13:21 PM
Welp.

Looks like Scion > Deadeye + Occultist.

Scion's Deadeye gives an additional arrow, Far Shot (reworded so it's "Projectiles" and not "Projectile Attacks") and we get -15% chaos resistance on cursed enemies + increased chaos damage if an enemy's been killed in the last four seconds.
"
Serleth wrote:
Welp.

Looks like Scion > Deadeye + Occultist.

Scion's Deadeye gives an additional arrow, Far Shot (reworded so it's "Projectiles" and not "Projectile Attacks") and we get -15% chaos resistance on cursed enemies + increased chaos damage if an enemy's been killed in the last four seconds.

holy shiiiiiiiiiit
Is there no way to save 5L before I start fusing, right? Just got 1000 fus and wanna try 6L, but If I won't get it, farming more fuces with 3-4L will be a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info