[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Well, I'm nearly there. This build really started to shine a while back, as my gems all leveled up. Took a short dip when they all hit lvl 20 and I traded them for new quality 20 gems, but now all those are back to lvl 19.

Just picked up my second Andy. Damage is good enough to clear tier 9 maps pretty easily. I still get killed occasionally, but I've been concentrating more on loot than xp, and it's working great. I've pulled in 5ex over the last two days, which let me upgrade my gear substantially. I'm not even running an optimal skill tree!

Only running a +2 6L bow, as I haven't managed to get any of the masters (much less the ones I need) to 8 yet. Also need to get a lvl4 Empower, and I'm currently leveling 6 more CAs so I can try for the lvl 21 CA.

Thanks for the fantastic build! This is the first time I've made it on the ladder, and that's cool.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Which Ascendancy class is going to be the best to use with PA?
@Grimjack: Gratz!

@RRQ: Deadeye.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Vorici 6L for 1500 fusings or try to 6L manually? What do you guys think?
Question: Do you update your guide for 2.2 when the patchnotes arrive? I want to start as a MFer to farm currency for my real build (probably trapper)

Thx :]

"
@RRQ: Deadeye.

Hmmm. Why Deadeye though?

Deadeye brings crit, accuracy, and attack speed. Not really useful for this build. It only profits from the additional arrow and projectile damage + pierce afaik. Caustic arrow doesnt seem to benefit from most Deadeye stats. Maybe im missing something?
Last edited by Koksii on Feb 20, 2016, 10:43:01 AM
"
Koksii wrote:
Deadeye brings crit, accuracy, and attack speed. Not really useful for this build. It only profits from the additional arrow and projectile damage + pierce afaik. Caustic arrow doesnt seem to benefit from most Deadeye stats. Maybe im missing something?

Additional arrow trumps literally everything else any other class has to offer for one reason:

We can drop the AoE gem.

I forget the exact numbers, but to give you the gist of it:

2.0 PA damage (finished build, frenzy up): 48k damage.
2.1 CA damage (exact same setup and tree with the CA nerf): 36k damage.

2.2 CA (assuming absolutely zero changes to tree or gem values, dropping AoE for Rapid Decay 20/20): 47.5k damage.

Deadeyes projectile damage also benefits us and, if I'm correct in assuming that Far Shot's 30% more damage scales the "projectile damage" tag, we also get an additional multiplier to our cloud damage when at range.

In other words, Deadeye's Endless Munitions allows us to scale our damage back to 2.0 damage levels, exceed that damage while at range with an additional multiplier AND then all of that scales multiplicatively with Wither totem.
"
Xinerub2 wrote:
I bought mine from poe.trade - cost me 3.5exalt, which is equal to a shitload less than 1500 fusings. Search for:
- Bow
- Min 6L
- Min lvl 61
- Online only
Then sort by price, and skip through the corrupted ones at 1ex.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Xinerub2 wrote:
I bought mine from poe.trade - cost me 3.5exalt, which is equal to a shitload less than 1500 fusings. Search for:
- Bow
- Min 6L
- Min lvl 61
- Online only
Then sort by price, and skip through the corrupted ones at 1ex.

Pretty sure I get what you meant here (level 61 will likely eliminate any 63 and lower ilvls) but, just to be clear, you need ilvl 64. Can't roll +2 gems on anything ilvl 63 or less.

Also, just so there's no confusion, I'll iterate that the level search doesn't do anything on poe.trade. It eliminates results based on required level, not item level, so you would need to get the player to link the item to you then press alt (or whatever is your key) to confirm it's ilvl 64+.

Anyway, to answer the original question (sorry I missed this in my previous post), if you're going to 6L your own bow, do it manual. All the time.

I've 6L'd over 55 items now in PoE, and only two of them have exceeded 1350 fuses. Granted, they were kinda nightmare attempts (2.8k and 3.5k) but statistically your average is going to be ~1000-1200, theoretically. My average is 815 currently.

That said, 6Ls are getting insanely cheap these days what with all the div cards offering 6L items. You can probably pick up a magic or white 6L for... 2-4ex and craft it yourself. Even at a higher fuse:ex ratio (130:1), that's still only 260-520 fusings.

Although, you're in Standard?

Hmm.

Not sure what the fuse:ex exchange rate is there. Last I saw it was 75:1, so speaking strictly in terms of fusing costs you would want to spend no more than 20ex.

Seems like you can get an ilvl 64+ bow in Standard for 10-ish. Self-crafted +3 will run anywhere between 2-6ex depending on whether you're going for a dual res bow or not, putting you at a 16ex net crafting cost, not including chromes.

Or you can just buy a 6L +3 bow for 8-9ex (600-675 fuse @ 75:1).

TL;DR just buy the 6L.
Hi guys.

I have questions about 2.2 patch Ascendancy.
1) Will I be able to play the current character in the standard.
2) It will be available re-rolling points.

Best Regards
Last edited by Slimak1980 on Feb 20, 2016, 4:41:34 PM
"
Slimak1980 wrote:
Hi guys.

I have questions about 2.2 patch Ascendancy.
1) Will I be able to play the current character in the standard.
2) It will be available re-rolling points.

Best Regards

1) Yes. You will just need to do the Labryinth three times to get the Ascendant points.
2) You will get a full passive tree reset, if that's what you mean.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info