[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hi again;
So I got enough currency to buy below posted bow. I asked the guy he said it can't be multi-modded to add another resistance, but I can however use an ex on it. What do you suggest? What are the mods expected of exalting the bow? And I'm guessing that I wouldn't be able to use a scouring to remove the new mod (if it wasn't a desired one).
I want to apologies for this off-topic post but I'm really lost :(
Spoiler

Regards,
Last edited by Hvakhshathra on Feb 15, 2016, 8:04:06 AM
Hey Serleth, massive props to you for keeping this thread alive for so long and helping people where you can.

Been playing the build for roughly 3 days now and it's going great! It would be cool if you could give me some advice though. I'm at:

+125% IIR
+2 5L Bow (PA - void manip. - rapid decay - conc eff - AoE)
Drillneck
Capped res / 2.8k Life

I'm curious to which of these options would be the largest power spike at this point and it would be awesome if I could get your opinion:

get andvarius rings and tweak the gear for capped res again
drop a gem in my current bow and pick up empower
get a 6L +3 bow (leaning away from this option because budget isn't THAT high, which is why carcass jack isn't here, lol)

keep up the good work ser, appreciate it :)
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
Hi again;
So I got enough currency to buy below posted bow. I asked the guy he said it can't be multi-modded to add another resistance, but I can however use an ex on it. What do you suggest? What are the mods expected of exalting the bow? And I'm guessing that I wouldn't be able to use a scouring to remove the new mod (if it wasn't a desired one).
Spoiler

Regards,

You have roughly I think it's a 20% chance of getting a resistance (factoring in all tiers of all affixes available). And no, you wouldn't be able to remove it.

Just mastercraft the second resistance. You already have a very high lit res roll, which is better than you'd get by self-crafting a dual resistance bow.

"
I'm curious to which of these options would be the largest power spike at this point and it would be awesome if I could get your opinion:

get andvarius rings and tweak the gear for capped res again
drop a gem in my current bow and pick up empower
get a 6L +3 bow (leaning away from this option because budget isn't THAT high, which is why carcass jack isn't here, lol)

Gear progression spoiler covers this basically. But based on what you've said, I'd go:

Goldwyrm > Andvarius > 6L +3 bow > second Andy. More MF = more currency = faster 6L = faster clear speed = faster second Andvarius.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
Hi again;
Spoiler

Regards,

You have roughly I think it's a 20% chance of getting a resistance (factoring in all tiers of all affixes available). And no, you wouldn't be able to remove it.

Just mastercraft the second resistance. You already have a very high lit res roll, which is better than you'd get by self-crafting a dual resistance bow.

Wouldn't it be better (damage wise) to mastercraft Leo DOT on it first? And when you don't care Ex it and hope for res?
"
Borat187 wrote:
Wouldn't it be better (damage wise) to mastercraft Leo DOT on it first? And when you don't care Ex it and hope for res?

Not necessarily. If you need the second resistance in order to run Carcass Jack, you'll gain the AoE + AoE damage from the chest-swap.

Regardless, I was speaking strictly in terms of res balance, but yes you obviously have a point.

If it were me, however, I'd save that exalt to craft my own bow from scratch.
Hey, i got some questions about your passive trees. I noticed the standard tree tree with acrobats doesnt get Method to the Madness, but the Iron Reflexes one does. Those nodes seem pretty good to me, any reason you didnt include them in the stadard build ?

Oh and what bow would be better: +3/4l or +2/5l ?
Last edited by gexstar on Feb 17, 2016, 4:30:00 PM
"
gexstar wrote:
Hey, i got some questions about your passive trees. I noticed the standard tree tree with acrobats doesnt get Method to the Madness, but the Iron Reflexes one does. Those nodes seem pretty good to me, any reason you didnt include them in the stadard build ?

Oh and what bow would be better: +3/4l or +2/5l ?

Presuming AoE is your fifth gem, you'd want the 5L just for area coverage which = clear speed. But really if you're willing to stand around and fire more arrows, maybe you'd prefer more damage.

For my money, AoE wins.

For your other question, Iron Reflexes takes the points that would otherwise be invested going along the outside to Acrobatics to get Method. Acro's tree optimization requires the outside pathing, which makes taking Method a waste of points compared to other options available. IR's pathing is more efficient to cut straight to Shadow, so it's point-for-point worthwhile to get that instead of the extra jewel socket to the left of Scion.

Just min-max stuff, basically.
Thanks for the quick answer! Generally speaking, which build do you think is better ? IR or Acro ? I'm leveling a ranger, so i thought of going acrobatics. Which one are you using?
Last edited by gexstar on Feb 17, 2016, 6:40:00 PM
Acro's better IMO. And given that something like 30% of characters in the top 15,000 of Talisman are using Acrobatics... can't be bad. ;)
Sounds reasonable, lol. Thanks!

I noticed that you got very different sockets in the bow of your gear section than in the link section.
I guess the sockets in the bow are the old ones and the new sockets are with void and rapid decay ? Was a little bit confusing.

And Chaos damage on amulet is quite nice, if you need a damage boost. You loose 20% IIR for 30% chaos damage. Hard to find a talisman with good other stats though.
Last edited by gexstar on Feb 17, 2016, 10:17:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info