[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:

Pretty sure I get what you meant here (level 61 will likely eliminate any 63 and lower ilvls) but, just to be clear, you need ilvl 64. Can't roll +2 gems on anything ilvl 63 or less.

Also, just so there's no confusion, I'll iterate that the level search doesn't do anything on poe.trade. It eliminates results based on required level, not item level, so you would need to get the player to link the item to you then press alt (or whatever is your key) to confirm it's ilvl 64+.
Thanks for that info, I had no idea poe.trade was referring to required character level instead of ilvl with that field! I didn't even check the 6L bow I bought, got lucky on the ilvl.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Just a heads up. People have started noting the ilvl buy adding it into the price field. ex: 1.84 exalt Means it is ilvl 84.
To save 2 exalts while crafting the bow, but losing one resistance, could we roll multimod, cannot roll attack mods, a resistance, and leo's DoT mod?

It could be fine if you just need a little bit of res.

"
Serleth wrote:
"
maljbre wrote:
Is this build still viable?

Yes.

"
Jjahvo wrote:
I'm sorry for not putting it private in the first place. It should be visible now. :)

No problem.

Leather belt should be tri elemental resistance (ie, not chaos as your third res).

Carcass Jack will be difficult to run with full res balance until you get a dual resistance bow. You will either need to invest in Cloth and Chain (and quite possibly Scion resistances), or change to a rare chest in the meantime.

Your helmet is lacking in good res rolls. Your gloves are okay but could use an upgrade as well so they're both at least 35%+ with room for a mastercrafted third resistance, at least.

From there it's just jewel sockets. There's at least two you can get quickly. For best results, you're looking for a jewel with either res all or a duo-res (same affix, like a two-stone implicit) affix + your damage/life rolls.

In other words, just a matter of some gear upgrades and levels and you should be good. Looking like minimum two gear upgrades and 7 levels to get your resistances balanced to work with Carcass.

This is basically the reason I leave Carcass Jack as last in the gear upgrades list. Because it doesn't offer a great res-all roll, it's difficult to get working and keep res capped without purity.

That said, strictly from an MF standpoint if all you're going to be doing is running low level maps, you don't really NEED to have Grace up, so that should help out with avoiding Cloth and Chain and instead investing in life nodes and running Purity for a while. I leave that up to you. You're level 83 so there's still a relatively easy 7 levels ahead of you.

If it were me, I'd swap to a rare chest for now to make res balance easier, allowing for faster life/jewel nodes and leaving Grace up.

All in all you're well on your way =)

I got my resistances capped with carcass now. :) I'm sitting now at around 18k cloud dps with absolutely everything up. Is that good or bad? My hp is also low, going to need to find some life jewels. Thanks again. :)
"
negusmaster wrote:
To save 2 exalts while crafting the bow, but losing one resistance, could we roll multimod, cannot roll attack mods, a resistance, and leo's DoT mod?

It could be fine if you just need a little bit of res.

Yep, that'd be fine.

"
Jjahvo wrote:
I got my resistances capped with carcass now. :) I'm sitting now at around 18k cloud dps with absolutely everything up. Is that good or bad? My hp is also low, going to need to find some life jewels. Thanks again. :)

Yep, that's solid, although you should drop Rapid Decay for Concentrated Effect. While it won't reflect on the tooltip (it will appear as though your damage drops), your damage will actually end up being higher. A level 20 rapid decay gives you 39% more damage, while CE gives you 59%. It's just a bug that area damage doesn't show up on CA's tooltip, but it does function.

It will eat a lot of chromes though, so I wouldn't attempt the four-off colour until you have ~1500 saved up. If you don't end up getting it by the time you have ~300 chromes or so left, go back to your current colours until you can try again.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 22, 2016, 2:47:49 PM
So even with the disclaimer that this build isn't about finding valuable uniques, I'm still going to credit this find to it. I've put a fair number of hours into playing this before trying Serleth's build, and I've never seen an item like this drop, never mind one so close to perfectly rolled.

Dropped in a Haku daily.

Problem is, I like playing Rangers, and that's going to make this remarkably hard to put up for sale! :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
So even with the disclaimer that this build isn't about finding valuable uniques, I'm still going to credit this find to it. I've put a fair number of hours into playing this before trying Serleth's build, and I've never seen an item like this drop, never mind one so close to perfectly rolled.

Dropped in a Haku daily.

Problem is, I like playing Rangers, and that's going to make this remarkably hard to put up for sale! :)

I wouldn't sell it, personally.

I recently started doing crit Voltaxic LA, and I'm having a blast with it. Super fun. All the pretty purple shocks <3
Nice drop!

If you somehow plan to use it I'd start tossing jewellers / fuses at it, seriously. There's a fair chance you hit the jackpot and then you can erase the mobs with purple clouds of awesomeness ^^

But if you're like me, and use standard only as a character-dump with the occasional reset to test things, either keep it as a trophy or sell for something you clearly need to achieve the goals remaining in the league.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Is it worth to get 6L for ~10ex and add rarity gem, if I use this build to make currency only? I mean, how much time I need (average) to get 6L pay off?
"
Xinerub2 wrote:
Is it worth to get 6L for ~10ex and add rarity gem, if I use this build to make currency only? I mean, how much time I need (average) to get 6L pay off?

At roughly 20/300 numbers in Standard, you'll have paid it off in ~20 hours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info