[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Xinerub2 wrote:
Is there no way to save 5L before I start fusing, right? Just got 1000 fus and wanna try 6L, but If I won't get it, farming more fuces with 3-4L will be a problem.

Nope.

Either keep 150 for Vorici force, or do what I do: spam until 300 fusings left, then start working on re-5Ling.

I don't like doing Vorici force, because every fuse spent could get the 6L.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Welp.

Looks like Scion > Deadeye + Occultist.

Scion's Deadeye gives an additional arrow, Far Shot (reworded so it's "Projectiles" and not "Projectile Attacks") and we get -15% chaos resistance on cursed enemies + increased chaos damage if an cursed enemy's been killed in the last four seconds.

recently will be around 4-8 seconds, rather 4 when you look at all the other "recently" on kill buffs.

damn.. if we truly lack AoE we get some minor start nodes even at Scion, and we don't lose many skillpoints pathing since we take the res or projectile nodes south of scion anyway.

man am I hyped :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
Welp.

Looks like Scion > Deadeye + Occultist.

Scion's Deadeye gives an additional arrow, Far Shot (reworded so it's "Projectiles" and not "Projectile Attacks") and we get -15% chaos resistance on cursed enemies + increased chaos damage if an cursed enemy's been killed in the last four seconds.

recently will be around 4-8 seconds, rather 4 when you look at all the other "recently" on kill buffs.

damn.. if we truly lack AoE we get some minor start nodes even at Scion, and we don't lose many skillpoints pathing since we take the res or projectile nodes south of scion anyway.

man am I hyped :D

It was already confirmed by one of the devs (forget which offhand) on reddit: "recently" will be a fixed value of 4 seconds. There is no range.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 26, 2016, 2:02:19 AM
Gear check!

Lvl 76. Haven't gotten any andvarius yet, mostly because I haven't gotten the jewel links to compensate for the loss in res. With current gear I'm 1 point shy of capped res. Considering using some respecs to grab all the jewel nodes I can so I can make the switch though.

Besides that, I need to 6L bow and body, but would love to hear other suggestions on what I should focus on next. Great build!

No need for both 6L Bow and Body, Bow 6L and Chest 5L are fully OK. Besides, you could easily cap the res with andvarius when you switch from Rat's to a rare helmet, provides potentially more IIR, resistances and even life. Both your belt and gloves could use higher life rolls, the gloves don't have IIR either. looks good else :)

@Ser yup, that's what I meant. I'd prefer a sharp description on those buffs / timers rather than some word that needs to be translated to a duration.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Thanks for the prompt response! Ok 6L the bow... that's gonna hurt :). For rat's nest, one of the reasons I was using it was for the additional move speed... find the build a tad slow without it. But if it allows me to add huge amounts of IIR with andvarius to swap it out then that's what I'll go for.
"
Chronodroid wrote:
@Ser yup, that's what I meant. I'd prefer a sharp description on those buffs / timers rather than some word that needs to be translated to a duration.

You and a lot of others.

@Saxisa

Basically what Chrono said. Rat's nest is unimportant. You can make up for the lack of movement speed by running dual Ample Quicksilvers of Adrenaline. You'll almost never run out of charges and you can cross a map and doubleback out of deadends fast enough.

Whenever I run Haku missions in rotations, I'm almost always the fastest runner, simply because I have two of those flasks. Your MS will be covered, don't worry.

Also, don't be afraid to drop Carcass Jack temporarily for a 4 or 5L rare chest. There's no need to invest in a 5L if you don't want to, a 4L CoH setup works just fine. Chain is QoL, not a requirement. That will allow you to get higher tri-res than what Carcass offers and allow you to run dual Andys long before swapping into a bunch of jewel nodes will.

The jewels are the fine tuning to get Carcass to fit.
I'm wondering if going Scion Deadeye + Berserker would work. You would get 10% more dmg and 1.5% of dmg leeched as life (not sure if the leech actually works). The down side would be that you take 5% increased dmg but don't know if thats too dangerous.
IGN: Fifthfurball
Last edited by Attentionee on Feb 26, 2016, 12:25:56 PM
"
Attentionee wrote:
I'm wondering if going Scion Deadeye + Berserker would work. You would get 10% more dmg and 1.5% of dmg leeched as life (not sure if the leech actually works). The down side would be that you take 5% increased dmg but don't know if thats too dangerous.

* We don't leech
* We don't benefit from attack speed (technically we do, we can attack faster, but we don't actually see a benefit from it since we fire arrows and wait)
* 10% more damage is nice BUT

Occultist:

* 20% increased damage if a cursed enemy is killed in the last 4 seconds
* Cursed enemies have -15% chaos resistance.

-res is basically like saying "15% more damage" - so not only does our damage beat Berzerker's for multiplier, it also gives us an increased damage benefit.

The only other dual class to consider imho is Trickster

* 30% increased life, mana, es recovery if killed an enemy affected by DoT in last 4 seconds
* 20% more chance to Evade while on full ES
* 20% increased damage while not on full ES
* 100% increased mana regen if used a movement skill in last four seconds.

Basically your options come down to Offense (Occultist) or Defense (Trickster) for the second Scion Ascendant class.

Tree's going to need some reworking though.

Deadeye removes the need for Piercing Shots. We get 50% pierce chance from that alone + 10% from Drillneck, leaving us only 5% below our current Pierce increased damage %, + the 10% proj damage from that wheel (15% total)

Occultist basically covers this for us as long as we're cursing, but that's a lot of extra points to spend as well. It's like getting a free jewel, minimum.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 26, 2016, 6:47:00 PM
Are you gonna rewrite the guide or too much work? It's kinda partly outdated by now anyways

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info