[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

So, other than changing to Scion and grabbing Scion's Deadeye/Occultist combo, not much changes for the tree.

You can either go for the final jewel socket to the left of Scion life, or grab Ranger projectile damage.

One thing of note: there's a slight change to how we handle Piercing Shots: instead of taking the right-side pathing to grab the two 5/5 nodes, we go left due to the 50% pierce chance we inherently get from the Deadeye notable.

This gives is 50% + 10% (Drillneck Implicit) + 10% from the leading note to Piercing Shots + 30% from the PS notable itself = 100% pierce chance.

This also means we can drop the Poacher's Aim jewel for a rare jewel. This opens up options to make res balance easier / grab additional life / go all out damage / some combination of the affixes.

Here's the preliminary tree - keeping in mind this currently requires the 2.2.4 Offline Planner and may not work with subsequent, more polished releases of the planner.

I'll obviously do my best to keep it current alongside whatever's the most current release of the planner.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 29, 2016, 7:32:46 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
So, other than changing to Scion and grabbing Scion's Deadeye/Occultist combo, not much changes for the tree./quote]

yay, thx Ser!

Also, iirc, in the scion video there was a big int node for taking the ascendant's occultist branch, do we know how much +int this will give? Maybe enough to drop the +30 close to dirty techniques for another small point gain.

IGN: WildTortillaFart
Yo Serleth/guys.

What do you think about pick champion for hc variant of this build? thinking about this when ascendancy launch.
@Chrono, it's 40 int.

Given that I take the outside pathing to the Shadow jewel for the additional int there, if you get a well-enough rolled piece of gear you only need to make up the -10 int from the tree change given that we could now path to the inside to get that jewel and save a point there as well.

To which, I've edited the tree accordingly. Just moving those points (for now) rather than slotting them elsewhere. Probably to the last Scion jewel (96) or just two more life nodes.

@Wiseman:

Duelist has too many wasted points at the start of the tree. You're better off taking Trickster from Shadow for the defensive options there (dodge/spell dodge, recovery on kill, 20% more attack evasion when not on full ES, and 40% damage) and just pulling 40% damage from the main tree in favour of more life.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 29, 2016, 7:39:37 AM
I've been fiddlin around with a HC version of the new scion version of the build. Obviously going occultist/deadeye, and running basically the same gear setup as posted in this thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAi6rylwhn4q17bptdkzoVuAnZlyGomr0nyFvKRsF8e8NaUhhWljIxNYcHSshuqj8ntfIqTTWSAO7-j9i9LOlN4_4KFSCGs6ZX8kUtg_aj3Q064Rm073pbr76n7g7TfhR1ZU11y6OKfXUY27026mIj9v66LiNHfs2YTZKNfbvjk5mE2Y1-MHzEorueQzFRR9rBwzM-zzfUjb907S5TWhq95u0_BbXUIwUt02_C7DBxtMXdqAzyYqxLeKXLbIw6Qp2qNj0byOtj44TP3bVIES8DHg5I8Yp2gh9BtzDIDBQJtNETbRa_JogmlWHiVUsajVsmf_sqW4JeUuw=

Since I have not played CA yet, I'm getting the basicas of the build, but maybe I've skipped out on something really important, since I have no real practical experience.

Would love some input <3

EDIT:
Nvm, I just realised that I could skip out on the scion aoe + mana-> jewel for 7 points, and allocate them into duelist/ranger/shadow mana nodes for 6pts, and get a shitton of stats/flaskcharges etc.
IGN: HowToDoADab
Last edited by Jente on Feb 29, 2016, 8:51:02 AM
Hey Serleth, is there a reason why you're picking the projectile damage nodes near the start of the Ranger tree instead of the physical + chaos damage nodes near the start of the Shadow tree? Seems like the Shadow nodes should net you more damage?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Serleth wrote:

Manual frenzy's the only way to reliably generate charges with this setup in a party.

You will want to swap out Flame Golem for Flame Totem + GMP + Cull + IIR for party play, unless your party prefers other curses, then you can Frenzy + Cull + Chain + GMP + IIR.
Also, IMHO, this is worth adding to the guide.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Hey Serleth, is there a reason why you're picking the projectile damage nodes near the start of the Ranger tree instead of the physical + chaos damage nodes near the start of the Shadow tree? Seems like the Shadow nodes should net you more damage?

... Also, IMHO, this (party cull setup) is worth adding to the guide.

Will do it right after I finish this reply.

All increased damage sources that affect the cloud dps increase it by the same amount.

I.e., 10% chaos damage = 10% projectile damage = 10% area damage = 10% DoT = 10% global damage.

Ranger: 10, 10, 10, 10, 16 = 56%

Shadow: 10, 10, 10, 12, 14 = 56%

I guess for min-max purposes if you end up going all the way there, it's +12 flat life on top of it. So yeah, technically it would be better. But damage-wise, it's identical.

"
Serleth wrote:

All increased damage sources that affect the cloud dps increase it by the same amount.

I.e., 10% chaos damage = 10% projectile damage = 10% area damage = 10% DoT = 10% global damage.

Ranger: 10, 10, 10, 10, 16 = 56%

Shadow: 10, 10, 10, 12, 14 = 56%

I guess for min-max purposes if you end up going all the way there, it's +12 flat life on top of it. So yeah, technically it would be better. But damage-wise, it's identical.

Hmm... so you don't get the benefit of both modifiers? I'd thought the Shadow was:

14 chaos + 14 Physical + 12 chaos + 12 Physical + 10 chaos + 10 physical ...

Too good to be true, I guess! I'll just go back to coding my gem sort script. ;)
"
grimjack68 wrote:
]Hmm... so you don't get the benefit of both modifiers? I'd thought the Shadow was:

14 chaos + 14 Physical + 12 chaos + 12 Physical + 10 chaos + 10 physical ...

Too good to be true, I guess! I'll just go back to coding my gem sort script. ;)

No, we're scaling purely the cloud dps, we aren't scaling physical damage. Physical doesn't add to the cloud dps. So for us, we only see the 14/12/10/10/10.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 29, 2016, 6:12:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info