[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:

No, we're scaling purely the cloud dps, we aren't scaling physical damage. Physical doesn't add to the cloud dps. So for us, we only see the 14/12/10/10/10.
Gotcha! Physical doesn't count... I must have gotten my wires crossed with Bladefall sometime over the last couple months.

Thanks again.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

No, we're scaling purely the cloud dps, we aren't scaling physical damage. Physical doesn't add to the cloud dps. So for us, we only see the 14/12/10/10/10.
Gotcha! Physical doesn't count... I must have gotten my wires crossed with Bladefall sometime over the last couple months.

Thanks again.

No problem.

Page 300.

O_o
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Most useful 300 page thread I've read!
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hmmm, is deadeye the go-to ascendancy for this? Or is it Deadeye + Occultist Scion? Or considering it's going for max frenzy, what about an avatar of slaughter raider? I think raider spec might burn through too much mana with how fast it attacks, though.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Hmmm, is deadeye the go-to ascendancy for this? Or is it Deadeye + Occultist Scion? Or considering it's going for max frenzy, what about an avatar of slaughter raider? I think raider spec might burn through too much mana with how fast it attacks, though.

We don't need attack speed at all. An extra frenzy charge is only 4% more damage.

If you go to the OP of the guide, I allude to why the Occultist/Deadeye Scion is the best option unless you're in HC, including why Ranger Deadeye is almost a bit of a waste compared to the Scion hybrid version.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 29, 2016, 8:24:38 PM
I try a new build every league, but I have to say this might be the first time I will repeat one!

I created my own spin-off of your build, but at the core it is quite similar.

I've been searching the class forums for something comparable, but nothing comes close to the versatility of this build - clear speed, magic find, and survivability.

With my version of this build, I could quickly clear a T13 map with zero issues, and still have enough MF to come back with 6 inventories of rares.

Props to you for building something this successful, and grats on 300 pages!

I'll see you in Perandus league as a CA-Scion!
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Nick42 wrote:
I try a new build every league, but I have to say this might be the first time I will repeat one!

I created my own spin-off of your build, but at the core it is quite similar.

I've been searching the class forums for something comparable, but nothing comes close to the versatility of this build - clear speed, magic find, and survivability.

With my version of this build, I could quickly clear a T13 map with zero issues, and still have enough MF to come back with 6 inventories of rares.

Props to you for building something this successful, and grats on 300 pages!

I'll see you in Perandus league as a CA-Scion!

Thanks, Nick!
hi, plz excuse my english, but because of this new scion build, could you give a quick run down of the levelling progression? is it still rush to entropy/growth and decay? Also, i plan to be running this build in HC do you think Occultist/Deadeye current scion tree youve provided be fine for HC?
Last edited by Kini_oce on Mar 2, 2016, 12:26:31 AM
"
hi, plz excuse my english, but because of this new scion build, could you give a quick run down of the levelling progression? is it still rush to entropy/growth and decay? Also, i plan to be running this build in HC do you think Occultist/Deadeye current scion tree youve provided be fine for HC?

I'll be working on the levelling process.

You'll probably want to go Shadow - Trickster for HC. It's much more defensive, in particular with the extra 5/5 dodge/spell dodge. In which case you basically follow the same levelling progression as before.

To modify builds for HC you basically just drop damage for life and, in this case, Phase Acro as well.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 2, 2016, 5:00:49 AM
Scion levelling sketch is up. Second post of the thread.

Remember you'll need the offline planner linked earlier / main post (top section) in order to view the various stages.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 2, 2016, 5:11:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info