[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

ye, cb is pain too.

Maybe they'll reveal some heavy chaos oriented spec for shadow or witch... shadow seems more probable though
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 5:27:19 AM
I honestly think the huge nerf to CA had less to do with the balance regarding CA damage and more to do with them wanting to get a feel for how such a radical change would impact the skill pre-Ascendency.

We should get a lot closer to 2.0 damage levels with 2.2, unless they nerf it again.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
So is it still viable to do this build on the new league or better do something else?
in case you like shinies, there is no alternative to this in terms of solo mf.
maybe shockwave crit can do same job as mf, but it requiers way more gear to start working at all, double divinarius+voidbringer at the very least.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 8:09:19 AM
Just stopping by to see how my Poison Arrow (er, Caustic Arrow) friends are doing.

The old PA was one of my favorite characters and I'd be playing that now except that I was worried about all the poison changes made in Talisman.

Anyhow, I'm now magic-finding on an Explosive Arrow build for Talisman. EA was untouched by the recent patches and magic-finding is going OK; it's a lot more challenging maintaining required stats (dex and int) as well as capping resists than PA was but other than that it seems pretty good.

Best of luck to everyone in the league. I'm hoping to complete all the challenges this league... but that may be a bridge too far. We'll see how it goes though.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 18, 2015, 8:27:23 AM
In terms of pure dps it's very good. Wither+Vulnerability+Vaal Lighting Trap and new talizmans with 20-30% chaos damage make crazy things. The only issue is lack of chaos res and maybe some other defense except evasion (let's try Phase Acrobatics then). And of course there's a bit more struggle against opponents with chaos res, since we don't have penetration like ele builds, but high dps + fact we don't have to worry about anything else (like reflect damage) make it very strong build whatsoever. I feel like the defense is a bit lacking though or it's just my poor skills (died few times against some map bosses, especially ones with projectile spam and of course totally wiped out by Malachai, but I guess that single fight before even the end game starts doesn't count anyway).
Last edited by Gosen on Dec 18, 2015, 10:42:34 AM
"
sklipnoty wrote:
So is it still viable to do this build on the new league or better do something else?

It's a little bit more frustrating to level but because +3 bows are significantly cheaper this league, it's also easier to scale it to a point where it's, for all intents and purposes, just as potent.

It's a little slower on boss kills without a Wither totem but otherwise it's fine.
Hi guys, can I get some suggestions on what to prioritize, or what doesn't work as initially thought?

I have a 5l bow with +2 and everything as listed. I use frenzy gmp with curse on hit to spread vulnerability around, vaal Lightning trap sometimes and flame golem, along with the auras.

now, what I dont have is blood rage, wither and essence drain. What do you guys suggest on taking next and linking it with?

p.s. why not level frenzy? the mana cost appears to be the same.
IGN: Interloper
Last edited by Infiltrator on Dec 18, 2015, 6:41:56 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering what stats improve the chaos damage aside from the increase chaos damage stat.

Does projectile speed, physical damage etc help increase the Cloud damage or are they not needed.

Could use some pointers on stat priority.
"
Infiltrator wrote:
Hi guys, can I get some suggestions on what to prioritize, or what doesn't work as initially thought?

I have a 5l bow with +2 and everything as listed. I use frenzy gmp with curse on hit to spread vulnerability around, vaal Lightning trap sometimes and flame golem, along with the auras.

now, what I dont have is blood rage, wither and essence drain. What do you guys suggest on taking next and linking it with?

p.s. why not level frenzy? the mana cost appears to be the same.

Wouldn't really bother linking much of anything until you're more certain your gear is going to last you a while. Waste of currency to be constantly socketing, chroming, and linking stuff.

I personally prioritize blood rage first, because I'm lazy with frenzy charges if I can afford to be. Then wither.

Links are in the OP.

"
Hey guys, I was wondering what stats improve the chaos damage aside from the increase chaos damage stat.

Answered in the FAQ, second question.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 18, 2015, 11:25:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info