[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
mezmery wrote:
no idea why you think that taking ir affects player ability to move properly.

i just suppose our arguement comes to sc\hc playing.

I'm not. What I mean is that the player has to make adjustments to their style in order for it to be better. You need to roll your flasks differently, you need to be more cognizant of your surroundings and anticipate what's happening.

Basically, the difference is this:

IR allows you to make a lot of small mistakes and get away with it. But when that big mistake happens at a bad time, it won't matter, hello Standard.

With Acro, those small mistakes are a lot less forgiving. But if you're a more skilled player, those small mistakes will never happen in the first place, because you're preventing them by being more aware. At that point, as a skilled player the MAJOR advantage is that when you do make that one big mistake, Acro can bail you out. It might not, but it can. With IR, if you make that exact same mistake in the exact same situation, you're 100% dead.

So no, it's not a matter of sc/hc. I've done plenty of acro builds in HC, and every single one of them got further than the IR characters I played.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

It's also why a lot of new players say evasion sucks. It doesn't. It's fucking fantastic. But you have to play it right in order for it to trump IR.

no idea why you think that taking ir affects player ability to move properly.
i ripped 3 acro chars when i tested that stuff in beyond league(not just acro, but block acro, 2 bor\woe maxblock and 1 acro hybrid witch, wanted to be as tanky as possible while not relying on elemental damage), and back that times phys damage hadn't been ripping your face apart. none of my much squishier ci, armor and ir chars died to random blows, every death was my clear decision flaw(not noticing thunder bearers under water, not paying attention to martyr ghost, doing rippy 140+ maps late at night etc

i just suppose our arguement comes to sc\hc playing, i dont want any kind of random in my gameplay and never rely on it, staying as focused as possible.

IR does not affect player ability to move, but your general ability to avoid damage affects youro success playing Acro.
If you are new and don't know better, IR has benefits because you get hit all the fing time.
If you know what you are doing, acro might still get you killed, but saves your ass in 20% of the time nevertheless. That's what it translates to, IR has no random sure, but it is deterministicly inferior because armor sucks for big hits (which are the only real threat to me).

@Ser damn, you're ahead :D

Well OK, I try to get a 6L first and then mastercraft it, but never find an iLvl 64+ one when I'm online. And no time off work sadly :( Weekends, here I come ^^ BTW, are you aiming at 32 or less challenges? Some are damn hairy to complete I fear :/

IGN: WildTortillaFart
i like rolling ci.
there is no place for mistake at all, at any point, all3 of my 90+ ci chars are still alive in my hardcore graveyard hall of fame. my acro chars kept dying, thats why i dont even try.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 2:52:31 AM
What's funny is that CI isn't all that different, because literally the only defense you have is a high ES pool. You can't tank or dodge anything.

/shrug

Whatever works for ya though, bud. =)

"
Chronodroid wrote:
@Ser damn, you're ahead :D

Well OK, I try to get a 6L first and then mastercraft it, but never find an iLvl 64+ one when I'm online. And no time off work sadly :( Weekends, here I come ^^ BTW, are you aiming at 32 or less challenges? Some are damn hairy to complete I fear :/

I got a bit lucky and dropped a spare 5L so I worked on that, chromed it, rolled +2, regaled the crit, got a master service job done on it, exalted lit res, then exalted +1 gems.

Given the hellfire 3.3k fusings it took me to 6L my Warbands bow, I'll probably do the same thing at this point. Buy a white 6L then craft it up.

We'll see, I'm in no rush anymore. Level 90 then whatever else happens.

28/32 is my goal for now but I might go 32/32 just for the sake of my profile. ;)

That Tier 15 Twinned challenge is going to be naaaaaaaaaasty. Might roll Mara axe cyclone just for that. Also, I don't have a marauder. Period. So it'd be good to get a high level one.
Hello Serleth,

Do you recommend the use of Divination Distillate flask?

Thanks for your time, you're doing a great job with this build.
I don't personally use it, simply because of the regen we get and the fact that we don't cull, it's difficult to time it and quite frankly, I prefer to have two Quicksilvers so that I'm never caught somewhere in a map where I have to walk back from a long dead end (read: Tunnel, Mine, certain Villa / Museum layouts, etc.)

But with the changes to mana per level, I'm relatively confident a significantly lower level clarity, if not dropping it outright (for maps without reduced recovery) is possible, which would make it easier to time without needing to sacrifice the life regeneration.

Alternately, you could always just have your third life flask slot rolled with the Sapping prefix right before the kill. And if you're fine dropping the Wither totem or something, you can easily throw an FT cull setup in.

At any rate, the short answer is if you're fine making the adjustments in order to get it working, feel free. Nothing wrong at all with adding more MF to your boss kills.
nice sapping hint, never thought about it.
No rest for the wicked
=D

Got that trick when I used to dom run with an LL RF build.
ah, i forgot to mention that final thing that made me to decide to take ir in current state of game is GODDAMN PUNCTURE.
it hurts SO MUCH.
dont tell me about a flask and how skilled you should be not get single tick while running on quick flask and getting hit from darkness. it literally ruins all game fun, as you should be extremly cautions to dispel every time hit. vuln maps are especially fun.

PS where are ascendacy speculations, huh?

No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 5:18:05 AM
Sorry bud but I can't recall the last time I died to puncture. It really is just a flask + reaction time thing.

:P

With puncture, I hear it connect and more often than not I've dispelled it before it does anything. Also helps to put the staunching on a longer effect flask so that if they apply puncture again, you're still immune.

I have more problems with corrupted bloodlines packs with this build, simply because there's no sound associated with the bleed from CB packs. I've died a couple times to corrupting blood when I decimate an entire pack at once on a 60% reduced recovery map with vulnerability. But never to puncture.

They really need a sound for CB.

I'm waiting on them to release further Ascendency classes before I talk about that. It's probable we'll go with Deadeye though.

"Endless Munitions" should let us drop the AoE gem to regain a damage gem. =D
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 18, 2015, 5:23:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info